Author Topic: Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!  (Read 42013 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Unnamed sources again, and you're saying that the dossier on Trump having prostitutes urinate on a bed is true?

Interesting.

I'm saying you are taking the denials of the Obama admin as true while denying everything that we know showing otherwise.

But hey, if you suddenly wanna give credibility to Barry after 8 years of calling him a liar, thats your right. It just puts perspective to what motivates your position. Pure, unthinking regret over your vote. Just a hint: Going nutcase level anti-trump isn't hurting him at all. Only yourself.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I personally don't doubt that he was spied on.

Perhaps. But I want to see proof and I want to see the official reasoning behind the spying.

If it's sound then Trump has some explaining to do. If it's not, then Obama has some explaining to do.

Otherwise we're just chasing ghosts here. Unnamed sources say this and that.

• Technical
I'm saying you are taking the denials of the Obama admin as true while denying everything that we know showing otherwise.

I don't take anything at face value. Trump made the claim, Trump should provide evidence.

ECREE: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:21:45 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Norm Lenhart

I personally don't doubt that he was spied on. Any man with the kind of ties Trump has is going to under surveillance at some point and probably by multiple entities and governments. And let's not forget, Trump is a man who had ties to Muammar Gaddafi. Trump would have to be a moron to think that his ties to foreign entities wouldn't attract the attention of various intell agencies.

My uncle in the tech business has done business all over the world and says surveillance comes with the territory. He says it happens with friendly countries let alone nations with histories as our adversaries. He said China is bad  because they want to steal from you and the USA is listening for secrets to be passed but he says Russia is worse for other reasons. If you do business with Russia you're doing business with the mob and that is never good.

Exactly. Thats why I'm at a loss to see people in denial at such idiotic levels. It's a given they'd tap him regardless.

The difference is of course, why and how they did it. So far we know of nothing illegal coming as a result of what they found. Just the opposite.

If they DO find illegalities, they should throw the book at him. But until evidence pops up that Trump and not Obama/the JD/FBI did the criminal stuff, a lot of people here need to do some thinking at what they are really after.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Perhaps. But I want to see proof and I want to see the official reasoning behind the spying.

If it's sound then Trump has some explaining to do. If it's not, then Obama has some explaining to do.

Otherwise we're just chasing ghosts here. Unnamed sources say this and that.

There is definitely something smoldering there otherwise the GOP wouldn't be so foolishly trying to keep it buried. In fact their willingness to commit suicide over this tells me that it isn't the democrats that they're afraid of. When I asked my congressman why the GOP pro Russia platform change he just went white and stammered something about it not being the same world it was last spring.

Offline LonestarDream

How? They had to admit they tapped him. The whole thing has shifted to why he was tapped, not IF. You might want him to look like a fool but at the end of the day he made an accusation that was shown to be true. How exactly and in detail does that make one look like a fool? He was right about it afterall. Whether or not one likes his method of communicating is besides the point.

Yes he was proven to be right. And we know the three judges that approved it were donks.

One of which has ethics issues.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

• Technical
Let's play the unnamed sources game:

[/size]Trump’s allegations appeared to blindside officials in his own administration. A senior Trump official reportedly told

NBC News
on Saturday that neither he, nor other administration officials, seemed to know what the president was talking about.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/322368-trump-allegations-of-wiretapping-sew-confusion-concern

• Technical
Yes he was proven to be right.

I haven't seen a shred of evidence that he was proven right yet. Only in your own mind, maybe.

Offline rodamala

Offline LonestarDream

I haven't seen a shred of evidence that he was proven right yet. Only in your own mind, maybe.

Norm, I and others have inundated you with evidence.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

• Technical
Norm, I and others have inundated you with evidence.

I have seen accusations from sources, that's it.

If that's evidence in your mind, so be it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why do you agree with every liberal talking point @Weird Tolkienish Figure?  What's your endgame?

Serious questions, WTF.

• Technical
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:19:05 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

It would have been nice if Trump had assembled a modicum of evidence before announcing. Now he just looks like a fool.

How do YOU know he hasn't? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical

I don't , where is it? Burden of proof is on him, he made the claim.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

I am thinking it highly likely that Sessions gave Trump the low down on the FISA requests  Thurs-Fri. That makes Sessions recusal make perfect sense, as he knew the whole Russia show was going to collapse and this is the fish he needs to fry.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am thinking it highly likely that Sessions gave Trump the low down on the FISA requests  Thurs-Fri. That makes Sessions recusal make perfect sense, as he knew the whole Russia show was going to collapse and this is the fish he needs to fry.

I'm thinking that at about 9:00 AM Eastern time tomorrow the USDJ is going to be a beehive of activity!  (If it isn't already.)

Just going to leave it right there for now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Interesting..

Clarice Feldman
17 hrs ·

Ruth Papazian shared a link.
25 mins
Here's a plausible scenario:
1. In October, Loretta Lynch--who owes her career to both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama--goes to a FISA court judge who was appointed by Obama and without much fuss or muss--formerly known as "evidence"--gets a warrant to get taps on all the phones at Trump Campaign Headquarters in Trump Tower.
2. There is absolutely no oversight on the FISA court, and when FBI director James Comey gets wind of the Watergate-type operation, he retaliates by divulging the info about the additional emails found on Anthony Weiner's laptop.
3. DOJ is desperate to get the goods on Trump to counteract the damage to Hillary's campaign, but comes a cropper. The taps yield nada. Under increasing pressure in the media and by the White House, Comey tries to mitigate his effect on Hillary's campaign by informing Congress that no new information was found on the laptop.
4. Hillary spectacularly loses the election, and Obama knows his "legacy" will go poof! so the wiretaps are left in place so that whenever a member of the Trump transition team talks to or meets with anyone--including Russian officials with whom he or she will soon be interacting in their offical government capacity--the interaction is recorded.
5. Though the law requires names of any Americans recorded in FISA court-authorized taps be redacted before transcripts are circulated to intelligence agencies, somehow this does not happen and transcripts are leaked to the media by unnamed sources.
6. Meanwhile, anti-Russian fervor is whipped to a fever pitch in the media so that the most banal conversations will take on a sinister twist.
7. The "discredited" official is hounded by the press, while there are calls for his or her resignation by Dem leadership and by an army of media surrogates on cable news shows and on social media.
How does any of this differ from a typical KGB operation? How is Obama different from Putin? What additional proof is needed that we are living in a police state?
And we are already starting to see repercussions in our already shaky relationship with Russia--thanks to Hillary's incompetence-- as a result of this witch hunt.
This thing is starting to mushroom.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Why do you agree with every liberal talking point @Weird Tolkienish Figure?  What's your endgame?

Serious questions, WTF.

WTF seems to repeatedly focus on liberal talking points, liberal view points and reports anything even remotely negative about President Trump regardless if it's fake news or not.  All this negativity he brings about surrounding President Trump is rather annoying and screams of being a liberal. Time to implement the 'ignore' function.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Clapper denies wiretap of Trump Tower

By Rebecca Savransky - 03/05/17 10:36 AM EST

Former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper on Sunday denied President Trump's allegations that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower before the election.

During an interview on NBC's "Meet The Press," Clapper was asked if he would be aware if something like that had happened.

"I would certainly hope so ... Obviously I can't speak officially anymore," Clapper said on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"But I will say that for the part of the national security apparatus that I oversaw as DNI, there was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president-elect at the time, as a candidate, or against his campaign."

Clapper also said he would know if a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court order existed for "something like this."
"And at this point you can't confirm or deny whether that exists?" host Chuck Todd asked.

"I can deny it," Clapper said in response.

"There is no FISA court order," Todd asked.

"Not to my knowledge," Clapper responded.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/322411-clapper-denies-wiretap-of-trump-tower
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Clapper denies wiretap of Trump Tower

"I can deny it," Clapper said in response.

"There is no FISA court order," Todd asked.

"Not to my knowledge," Clapper responded.

Then he can't deny it if he admittedly does not know. it would also be a NATSEC violation if he admitted it occured.So what exactly is the worth in his statement?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Then he can't deny it if he admittedly does not know. it would also be a NATSEC violation if he admitted it occured.So what exactly is the worth in his statement?

The sense of panic is palpable.

Offline cato potatoe

Either Obama spied on Trump, or the current President is mentally unstable and should be asked to resign by his cabinet.  A sane person doesn't go public with this stuff unless he is dead certain it's true.  It has been 24 hours and nary a shred of credible evidence has been presented.