Author Topic: Graduation gown color change sparks walkout, petitions at Long Island high school (NY)  (Read 1130 times)

Offline endicom

ABC 7
CeFaan Kim
Mar. 3, 2017

SETAUKET, Long Island (WABC) --
There is a growing controversy at a high school on Long Island just months before graduation.

Some students at Ward Melville in Setauket are taking offense to their school's decision for boys and girls to wear the same gowns.

It is meant as a way to be more inclusive to students, regardless of gender, but not everyone is onboard with the idea.

The new gowns are green and gold, bearing the school's emblem. They don't seem controversial, but that depends on who you ask.

"This isn't about gender, this isn't about transgender," 17-year-old senior Max Gironda said. "This is about tradition."

More... http://abc7ny.com/education/graduation-gown-change-sparks-walkout-petitions-at-li-school/1783651/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What's the big deal, at my High School everybody wore the same color gowns and it had nothing to do with inclusion, it just the way it was.

Offline Norm Lenhart

What's the big deal, at my High School everybody wore the same color gowns and it had nothing to do with inclusion, it just the way it was.

It sounds like the only people with a problem there are the liberals running the show. They want things changed as usual to force sameness/compliance.

Sure on the surface it's a small thing. But really it isn't. this is how liberals 'win' Incrementally. People seem happy with things as they were. Yet to forward the agenda, they are forcing this on people opposed. I personally think this is certainly about gay/trans BS. Everything they do like this is. they just arent screaming it from the rooftoops with some poor put upon tranny having first lawyered up and done the liberal talk show circuit.

If the school changes to monocolor, they can get more of their sameness agenda implemented underhandedly. Next will be another 'we are all the same' bit of social engineering. then another. And another. Just one more chip in the structure of society, just one more thing people liked/wanted taken away from them. It adds up. It's not trivial.

Offline endicom

It sounds like the only people with a problem there are the liberals running the show. They want things changed as usual to force sameness/compliance.

Sure on the surface it's a small thing. But really it isn't. this is how liberals 'win' Incrementally. People seem happy with things as they were. Yet to forward the agenda, they are forcing this on people opposed. I personally think this is certainly about gay/trans BS. Everything they do like this is. they just arent screaming it from the rooftoops with some poor put upon tranny having first lawyered up and done the liberal talk show circuit.

If the school changes to monocolor, they can get more of their sameness agenda implemented underhandedly. Next will be another 'we are all the same' bit of social engineering. then another. And another. Just one more chip in the structure of society, just one more thing people liked/wanted taken away from them. It adds up. It's not trivial.

Yeah, they broke with tradition to be 'inclusive.' People obviously know they are bring put upon or there wouldn't be such a reaction.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yeah, they broke with tradition to be 'inclusive.' People obviously know they are bring put upon or there wouldn't be such a reaction.

Standard liberal MO is to destroy traditions. Marx was pretty clear about that type of thing. the very concept of 'progressive' means to move away from the established. "Change' is easy when no anchors exist to that which came before. Because without tradition..."What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Our graduation was the school colors. Boys in red. Girls in white. There was no debate. If you were a faggot you got treated like one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

Our graduation was the school colors. Boys in red. Girls in white. There was no debate. If you were a faggot you got treated like one.

The left has spent decades removing the idea of personal responsibility from the public. Todays younger set has less conscience as a group than any generation that has come before. So when the straights among them, still a heavy majority, have enough of the homosexual agenda, they will be very likely to physically retaliate as they don't have the moral shackles we did, thanks to the left making morality a bad thing.

So ultimately, the pro homo lobby is pretty much guaranteeing this all will eventually end ugly and is condemning homosexuals to serious persecution. Like I say often. Liberals use people to achieve their ends. No more, no less.

Online mountaineer

These mentally disturbed individuals who "identify" as something other than they are can wear pink.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

@CatherineofAragon

Well, let's see how we could have a color for all sex types:
One color for "regular" heterosexuals - born male.
One color for "regular" heterosexuals - born female.
One color for those who don't know what they are.
One color for those involved in surgery to become male.
One color for those involved in surgery to become female.
One color for homosexuals not going to have surgery - think they are males.
One color for homosexuals not going to have surgery - think they are females.
One color for homosexuals who know they are males and prefer males for sex.
One color for homosexuals who know they are female and prefer females for sex.
One color for hermaphrodites - they actually have sex organs for both male and female. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
My HS colors were green and gold. The principal wore black robes.

College was blue and gold, with gold sashes (hoods? ) for Masters degrees.

I still have both tassels. They are hanging on my bedroom doorknobs.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goatprairie

It's  destroying tradition for some stupid, liberal idea.....that's the problem. If schools have the same color gowns for both sexes and whatnot out of tradition, that's their business.  But liberals do things to further their progressive agenda. Destroying tradition is what they love to do.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Ours were school colors. Red for boys, white for girls.

Online mountaineer

@CatherineofAragon

Well, let's see how we could have a color for all sex types:
One color for "regular" heterosexuals - born male.
One color for "regular" heterosexuals - born female.
One color for those who don't know what they are.
One color for those involved in surgery to become male.
One color for those involved in surgery to become female.
One color for homosexuals not going to have surgery - think they are males.
One color for homosexuals not going to have surgery - think they are females.
One color for homosexuals who know they are males and prefer males for sex.
One color for homosexuals who know they are female and prefer females for sex.
One color for hermaphrodites - they actually have sex organs for both male and female.
Just have everyone wear plaid.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rodamala

My advice?  Test out of high school with a G.E.D. at 16.  Who cares about all this Pomp and Circumstance crap?

Offline rodamala

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:10:36 pm by rodamala »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Same here. High School and college. I think everyone is so looking for things to be offended by, they are making a huge deal out of nothing.

Offline Frank Cannon

My advice?  Test out of high school with a G.E.D. at 16.  Who cares about all this Pomp and Circumstance crap?

The Mortar Board industry has a large and powerful lobby.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

@mountaineer
@geronl
@Freya

I read plaid is making a comeback this spring in one of the women's magazines I was thumbing through while waiting on line at the supermarket check out.

@rodamala , the gowns I always thought were great were the PhD robes from Rutgers. Gorgeous !
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline rodamala

I read plaid is making a comeback this spring...

@Freya