Author Topic: Pence used personal email for state business — and was hacked  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Pence used personal email for state business — and was hacked
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2017, 01:56:20 pm »

This wouldn't sink Pence but is, if true and the whole story, valid criticism.

Why? Is it illegal or improper? I can't find where it is.

There are no security clearances or protocols for Govs.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/32/154.16
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:01:20 pm by Frank Cannon »

Wingnut

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 02:13:24 pm »
Who uses AOhell anymore?   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »
Who uses AOhell anymore?

The guy who looks like he walked right of of 1958...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 02:45:58 pm »
Unfortunately, it is working.  Flynn stepped down, Sessions recused himself and what VP Pence does has yet to be seen.  How many cabinet nominations are still waiting for approval?  Meanwhile the left will continue to use Russia as their reason for investigations and accusations.  They have found an avenue to dismantle this administration, cabinet member by cabinet member and IMHO it's only going to get worse.
If the Trump administration wasn't aware that it would be under the microscope before, it should be painfully obvious by now. The only way to cut off the Cloward-Piven Liberal Media assault is to leave them a few tidbits so trivial that the average American tunes them out.

While that might be good, it's dangerous for America, too.

Better yet, quit feeding the beast, quit fanning the flames, clean up the leakers and Dem moles throughout the bureaucracy, and get on with running the country. Sit up straight, like your grandma told you, and play by the rules.
Being consumed by tempests in teapots will not make America ready for the typhoon coming, but sure distract from getting the job done.

It is the late '60s all over again as aging hippies who think they have 'won' seek to revive their sense of 'relevancy' by staging grey haired vagina costume marches and legalizing pot. Ever the Communist 'champions of the proletariat', they promote not only those they exploit living in crime-ridden squalor under the expanding thumb of the State, but aim to destroy the rest of those Americans who opposed the back when, along with their progeny. They're vindictive America (and American)-haters and will use anyone to further their aims of destruction of the Republic. They see Trump as the 'new Nixon' (even though it was LBJ who escalated the war against their Communist pals).

Expect chaos in the streets by summer, with a full court media press on the administration are to be expected if this garbage isn't nipped in the bud.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:47:27 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 02:48:39 pm »
Why? Is it illegal or improper? I can't find where it is.

There are no security clearances or protocols for Govs.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/32/154.16
Spot-on, Frank. If there is no law to break, he didn't break the law.

Hillary, on the other hand, should be in Gitmo or Leavenworth.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 09:22:03 pm »
Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts,although the law is generally interpreted to mean that official business conducted on private email must be retained for public record purposes.

Hmmm....pretty well kills the gotcha on this one....
Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing was much better than this stage play the democrats are putting on.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 10:05:10 pm »
Who uses AOhell anymore?
People who still have 2400 baud modems.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 11:07:48 pm »
People who still have 2400 baud modems.

I can send a 33.6 laptop card with X-Jack connector. 

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2017, 11:51:56 pm »
I can send a 33.6 laptop card with X-Jack connector. 

That'll bring 'em up to speed. Beats the heck out of the old acoustic couplers...

Laugh if you want to, but this reminds me of a girl I used to date....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 12:06:25 am »
That'll bring 'em up to speed. Beats the heck out of the old acoustic couplers...

Laugh if you want to, but this reminds me of a girl I used to date....
I remember both of those (but not the girl, if that's any consolation)..

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 02:13:24 am »
Gee, get rid of Trump and Pence and voila; we have Ryan!  Just sayin'.

Ryan?  But, we don't want Ryan.