Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Here’s how to repeal Obamacare  (Read 7993 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ted Cruz: Here’s how to repeal Obamacare
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2017, 06:48:16 pm »
JH doesn't believe he's a troll.  He believes he's a true Conservative and the rest of us are just religious bigots because we don't agree with him on abortion on demand and gay "marriage".
Well, I figure the whole "gay Marriage" thing was mainly to get them on each other's insurance at work. When that didn't take so well, they pushed the ACA. Anything else from disposition of estates to power of attorney (medical and otherwise) could have been handled with a little legal work.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2017, 06:48:49 pm »
You're 100% correct, but it's Friday and TRG, Joe and I needed a good laugh.  :laugh:

:beer:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »
You're 100% correct, but it's Friday and TRG, Joe and I needed a good laugh.  :laugh:
888high58888

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2017, 06:51:35 pm »
I should be okay, then. I just never could quite get the waltz down. It's like a learning disability.

Same here.  Dancing is Social Suicide for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2017, 06:52:56 pm »
If you take up all the troll feeders the trolls disappear!

I think he lost interest.  I guess it was mean of the three of us to team up on the poor feller.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:57:53 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »
JH doesn't believe he's a troll.  He believes he's a true Conservative and the rest of us are just religious bigots because we don't agree with him on abortion on demand and gay "marriage".

I don't give a flip what he believes!  He has more than earned his bonafide's!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2017, 07:00:12 pm »
I repeat my inquiry:  Are you calling people who disagree with your stances on these issues "bigots?"  Are you demanding we leave TBR?

No, I want you to stick around TBR.   This is a public forum, with lots of readers beside the posters here.  I want the social conservative bullcrap and cruelty exposed for all to see.   I want the GOP to return to what it was in the days of Buckley,  Goldwater, and Kemp -  unafraid to advance conservative, free-market solutions for the marginalized and less fortunate,  a partner in the fight for individual liberty and a zealous opponent of religious bigotry.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »
No, I want you to stick around TBR.   This is a public forum, with lots of readers beside the posters here.  I want the social conservative bullcrap and cruelty exposed for all to see.   I want the GOP to return to what it was in the days of Buckley,  Goldwater, and Kemp -  unafraid to advance conservative, free-market solutions for the marginalized and less fortunate,  a partner in the fight for individual liberty and a zealous opponent of religious bigotry.   
Goldwater...No legal pot (felony for a joint), Homosexuals in the closet, No women in combat, No Roe v. Wade, no ACA, silver coins, slide rules, bias ply tires, but no catalytic converters, either.... :pondering:

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2017, 07:08:11 pm »
Goldwater...No legal pot (felony for a joint), Homosexuals in the closet, No women in combat, No Roe v. Wade, no ACA, silver coins, slide rules, bias ply tires, but no catalytic converters, either.... :pondering:

I miss him.  It's such a crying shame his seat is now occupied by John McStain, who is no doubt a hero to some.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »
No, the problem isn't just with those that expect free stuff.  The problem now lies with too many others believing that is okay.  Expectations have become even lower due to continuing low expectations.

Agreed.
While most people do not rely on the safety nets of food stamps, welfare, medicaid, we all know it is there.
Some will choose to live more recklessly, without saving, knowing that the can get relief, however small that relief may be.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2017, 07:10:19 pm »
I miss him.  It's such a crying shame his seat is now occupied by John McStain, who is no doubt a hero to some.
Yeah, that was a step down for Arizona. I still have my "Goldwater dollar" somewhere, but I lost the tie in the fire...I used to wear it to local GOP Party meetings just to gig some of the more liberal people there.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:11:09 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2017, 07:35:37 pm »
The GOP owns ObamaCare, like it or not.   

That's the narrative Pelosi, Schumer and the Democrat Leftists like you want to try and convince everyone of.

But no - the GOP only owns their empty promises to repeal it. 

But the reality is this - if the GOP repeals the ACA without replacing it,  it'll be tossed out on its ear in 2018.

That's what you and Pelosi want everyone to think.  I assert that the exact opposite will happen if they do grow a set and kill ObamaCare in total and simply announce the truth of what ObamaCare is already doing: shifting those in need to Medicare.

It needs to be killed, and if they will not do as they promised - Americans should refuse to comply with the mandates.

To hell with the bigots who masquerade as conservatives.   We need to take the party back from these moral cretins.

That is beyond hilarious coming from you - the biggest moral cretin on this board - as your posting history just today illustrates.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:01:32 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »

Jazzhead, I had been on the fence about your supposed leftist leanings, but this just pushed me off. "social conservative bullcrap and cruelty"?  Really?  You really, really think it's cruel to expect capable adults to take care of themselves and not take from others?  You really think I should spend my life taking care of other adults who choose not to do so?  Take care of others to the detriment of my family and my future? 

Now, if that's not the definition of bull****, I don't know what is.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2017, 09:00:45 pm »
Jazzhead, I had been on the fence about your supposed leftist leanings, but this just pushed me off. "social conservative bullcrap and cruelty"?  Really?  You really, really think it's cruel to expect capable adults to take care of themselves and not take from others?  You really think I should spend my life taking care of other adults who choose not to do so?  Take care of others to the detriment of my family and my future? 

I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2017, 09:09:31 pm »
Jazzhead, I had been on the fence about your supposed leftist leanings, but this just pushed me off. "social conservative bullcrap and cruelty"?  Really? 

It is a self-evident reveal of Leftist Immorality when infanticide is not a cruelty in his insistence - but in the same breath he asserts that 'forcing a woman to carry to term' is a cruelty that "forces a woman to reproduce".

He also insisted that homosexuality is virtuous in the eyes of God and that anyone who holds to the biblical admonition of sin are "bigots".

Jazzhead is a living epitome of Isaiah 5:20

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2017, 10:12:35 pm »

Sanguine,  I made a mistake placing that post on this thread.   As you well know, I depart from social conservatives on most of the social issues,  but I'm a perfectly conventional conservative when it comes to health care reform.    I certainly do "expect capable adults to take care of themselves and not take from others".    My focus on health insurance access has mostly been on addressing the arbitrary disparities faced by HARD WORKING folks in a system that's based on employment status.   This isn't about the virtuous vs. the non-virtuous.   Too many working poor don't have effective access to health insurance because their employers don't offer coverage,  or they must juggle multiple part-time jobs.   The ACA is a failed attempt to address that.   But I don't want to give up trying.   
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:14:04 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2017, 10:20:11 pm »
It is a self-evident reveal of Leftist Immorality when infanticide is not a cruelty in his insistence - but in the same breath he asserts that 'forcing a woman to carry to term' is a cruelty that "forces a woman to reproduce".

He also insisted that homosexuality is virtuous in the eyes of God and that anyone who holds to the biblical admonition of sin are "bigots".

Jazzhead is a living epitome of Isaiah 5:20

Sanguine,  this is the "social conservative bullcrap and cruelty" of which I spoke.   Rights under the Constitution mean little to INVAR;  respect for individuality means less; all that matters is to him is cramming his Bible down the throats of my friends and neighbors who strive to live virtuous lives.     

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2017, 10:45:14 pm »
Sanguine,  this is the "social conservative bullcrap and cruelty" of which I spoke. 

Awwwwww..... does da poor widdle liberal pretending to be a Conservative all upset and offended at the truth you find so cruel??? 

I warned you last month.  You picked a fight with the wrong person. 

Rights under the Constitution mean little to INVAR; 

Show us where in the plain language of the Constitution that these sexual behaviors, government healthcare mandates and infanticide are 'rights'.  We're not interested in legal precedents and convoluted Judicial Activism as evidence either.  Where are the Amendments that enumerate the specific rights to homosexual marriage, abortion, and ObamaCare?

"Rights" that men and people like you create out of thin air to promote deviancy and wickedness mean less than little to me.

respect for individuality means less;

I have absolutely NO RESPECT FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU WHO DELIBERATELY BOLD-FACED LIES, and pretends to be something they are not for the purpose of pushing deceit and evil.  I will mercilessly cut your liberal/hedonist/Satanic garbage down to shreds every single time I see it posted on this forum.  Count on it.

Because as you said - other people are reading this board - and I want to instruct them in the lost art of spiritual combat against wickedness in high places.

all that matters is to him is cramming his Bible down the throats of my friends and neighbors who strive to live virtuous lives. 

I'm not the one suing people into bankruptcy and destroying their livelihoods because they refuse to compromise with my agenda or cheerleading it like you do. 

But it is always the promoters of sin and evil who are the first to scream that those who refuse to bow down to your agenda items, are 'cramming our bibles down your throats'. 

And you do that because the Sword of Truth cuts you, and it is a weapon you hate - because it exposes you for what you really are.

And I will cram it down your throat on this board, every single time you attempt to fling evil excrement into the discussion and disguise it as Conservatism and declaring it virtue.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »

I warned you last month.  You picked a fight with the wrong person. 

I'm having fun, INVAR, making you bloviate and look ridiculous.  What I marvel about is that it's just so damn easy.  You follow me around like a puppy!   

:tongue2:   
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:53:45 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »
I'm having fun, INVAR, making you bloviate and look ridiculous.

Only in your feeble mind.  A good chunk of the board just opined on how you look, and it's not flattering considering you have been called out to be what your own words have illustrated you to be.

What I marvel about is that it's just so damn easy. 

For you, it sure is.  All you have to do is post your liberal-Leftist-Hedonist garbage here on the board - which is virtually every single time you post.

Nothing hard about that at all. 

You are just typing up for everyone to see, what a Bible and Christian-hating Liberal Leftist looks and sounds like trying to hide under a  sheep's cloak of Conservatism.

And as I said - you provide the perfect target for demonstrating the art of Spiritual Combat against wickedness from high places.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2017, 11:14:36 pm »
Jazzhead, you misunderstand the purpose of a political forum.  Please stick to the topics and do not harass other posters.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2017, 12:03:08 am »
Sanguine,  I made a mistake placing that post on this thread.   As you well know, I depart from social conservatives on most of the social issues,  but I'm a perfectly conventional conservative when it comes to health care reform.    I certainly do "expect capable adults to take care of themselves and not take from others".    My focus on health insurance access has mostly been on addressing the arbitrary disparities faced by HARD WORKING folks in a system that's based on employment status.   This isn't about the virtuous vs. the non-virtuous.   Too many working poor don't have effective access to health insurance because their employers don't offer coverage,  or they must juggle multiple part-time jobs.   The ACA is a failed attempt to address that.   But I don't want to give up trying.

Without concern for the very HARD WORKING people the ACA has cost not only health insurance, but their full time jobs?

Why don't those employers offer coverage?

Because the coverage they could afford to offer dried up in the face of Obamacare demands, that's why. Forced to choose between closing their doors, penalties, or cutting hours (and not offering the plans they may have had that no longer were in the marketplace because of the ACA), those employers did what they could--the only thing they could, they cut hours.
Now those employees have to work two jobs to make up that income, which means they don't even have a shot at getting in some overtime. This is a result which was predicted, and it happened. So much for advocacy for the "hard working poor".

But we know the real reason you laud Obamacare, don't we?

Your advocacy of so many things 'gay' ignores the fact that the 1.3 million people (hard working or not) who have HIV/AIDS are going to have medical bills between 600K and 750K (each) in their next 25 years of life (A trillion dollar aggregate liability, now, and growing). You couldn't mean the junkies in that bunch because it's hard to claim someone who spends time with a spike in their arm is "hard working", so that leaves the risk groups of homosexuals and the promiscuous, who are reputed to have plenty of overlap.

Insurance companies ordinarily would not underwrite such a serious risk without exhorbitant premiums, and you want the rest of us to pick up that tab.

It isn't about little Johnny with cancer, or little Susie with leukemia, (they can turn to Shriner's or St Jude's and/or community assistance from church groups and others) it is about the people you claim have the 'right' to demand services from a baker or florist for their ersatz wedding, demanding health insurance from the rest of us. Why don't you just come clean and stop lying about this?

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2017, 12:21:05 am »
@Smokin Joe  I think he's trying to drive a wedge between Social and Fiscal conservatives. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:21:56 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2017, 12:30:00 am »
@Smokin Joe  I think he's trying to drive a wedge between Social and Fiscal conservatives.

Nah. His politics are informed by his self interests. In spite of all the rhetoric about compassion it's all really about what/who butters his bread.

This imo is one of the main differences between progressives and conservatives... each vote in their own interests, only conservatives are up front about it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2017, 12:32:02 am »
I have little doubt.

Social Conservatism IS fiscally conservative, though. He doesn't seem to get that.

C S Lewis