Author Topic: Obama to receive JFK ‘Profile in Courage’ award  (Read 902 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to receive JFK ‘Profile in Courage’ award
« on: March 02, 2017, 06:06:21 pm »
 By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Thursday, March 2, 2017

Former President Barack Obama was named Thursday as the winner of the 2017 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage award.

The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation said Mr. Obama is being honored “for his enduring commitment to democratic ideals and elevating the standard of political courage in a new century.”

Caroline Kennedy, daughter of the late president, and her son, Jack Schlossberg, will present Mr. Obama with the award on May 7 in Boston.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/2/obama-receive-jfk-profile-courage-award/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Obama to receive JFK ‘Profile in Courage’ award
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 06:09:11 pm »
Nice bookends. 1st The Nobel Piss Prize in General Stupidity, Corruption and Bad Judgment and now this.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »
It's somewhat fitting, if only because JFK's book Profiles In Courage was ghostwritten just as was Obama's Dreams From My Father.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:38:49 pm »
Maybe, but JFK was so far to the right of Obama, he could have been Goldwater.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 06:40:47 pm »
Maybe, but JFK was so far to the right of Obama, he could have been Goldwater.

JFK is a big reason our immigration system is as f'd up as it is today.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »
Yep. Eisenhower had handled things with "Operation Wetback". That's just one of a host of things that can be laid at his feet, from Cuba to Vietnam. LBJ made most of that worse, when he could. I'm not saying JFK was anywhere close to the POTUS I think Goldwater would have been, but JFK was at least somewhat pro USA compared to Obama.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:48:43 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 06:51:47 pm »
I would assign considerably more blame to JFK's little brother Ted, who heavily promoted the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 (the Hart–Celler Act), which was signed into law by Lyndon Johnson.  During debate on the Senate floor, Senator Kennedy, speaking of the effects of the act, said, "our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. ... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset".

I guess he figured that we'll drive off that bridge when we come to it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 06:58:33 pm »
Probably the most obnoxious liberal award ever. Doing liberals things is "courage"... as if society and the media doesn't already have your back.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 07:03:00 pm »

Courage, indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 07:05:18 pm »