Author Topic: Trump wants compromise immigration bill: reports  (Read 4383 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump wants compromise immigration bill: reports
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2017, 08:30:13 pm »

Spare us all your blatant hypocrisy.

@txradioguy

One thing is certain,you surely don't need any more because you already have a full load.

Ahhh,if only JEB or Bubbette! had been elected,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2017, 08:31:32 pm »

If there is a genuine need for workers then increase legal immigration. The situation as it stands in untenable and lawless.

47% of the illegals that are here now came in the front door and never left.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2017, 08:32:58 pm »
@txradioguy

One thing is certain,you surely don't need any more because you already have a full load.

Ummm yeah ok sure.  Whatever Tinfoil.

Ahhh,if only JEB or Bubbette! had been elected,right?

That's those voices in your head telling you that again.  I never said or thought that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2017, 08:35:07 pm »

Trump won and he has consistently surprised me ... in a good way.

Same here.

I could not believe how much I liked his cabinet picks and his Supreme Court pick. 

No one seems to give him any credit for the executive order about immigration that was shot down by the courts.

No one seems to give him any credit for trying to re-write the order so that it can pass the liberal judges and be enforced.

Anti-trumpers are perched on the edge of their seats, fingers twitching, to find fault.

All true. I strongly suspect most of them are dedicated "Party People" who hate Trump because he is an outsider,and if it had been some piece of Party Shit like JEB elected,the would be orgasmic and saying everyone should be moderate and give the new president a chance.

The others,of course are Dims pretending to be Republicans,looking to make sure Trump fails so Hillary can get elected in 2020.

I would not have believed Trump would have done this well and I would not have believed in a million years that Trump could have given such a good speech...well written and well delivered and touching on all the main points of his aims as president.

Amazing,ain't it?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 08:38:09 pm »
It was an excellent speech, emjay.  And that may be because, so I'm told, Steve Bannon played little or no role in writing it.

And despite the bleatings of some here that use of the word "compassion" means the speaker must be a liberal,  it's not a dirty word.   It is politically stupid to take the Dems' bait and refuse to help the so-called dreamers.  But more to the point - it is the right and COMPASSIONATE thing to do.   

@Jazzhead

I agree with everything you wrote,but would like to add that downhill of this thing,Trump and Congress need to make sure there are iron-clad laws written forbidding such things in the future,and there should also be federal government crackdowns on the sanctuary cities,with the city officials also being arrested for violating their oaths of office.

Once all that is done,END THE ANCHOR BABY PROGRAM!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 08:41:23 pm »
I'd think that a fence would be cheaper and more effective than an opaque wall.   A wall at the border would be hard to police, I'd think,  since one cannot see through it, but only over it.   

@Jazzhead

Concrete walls with rebar in them are a hell of a lot harder to cut than fences,and there is a new device called "cameras" that can be mounted on the wall a lot cheaper than hiring more border patrol agents,and they can monitor activity on both sides and alert roaming patrols of any activity.

It can't be that hard or expensive to mount sensors on the wall that detect vibrations,either.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 08:44:48 pm »
Agree 100%.   A wall is mostly a symbolic sop to Trump's supporters - to properly address illegal immigration both the demand and supply sides of the equation must be addressed.  And it's mostly demand for their services that drives folks to cross the border.

@Jazzhead

Boy,do you have all that crap ass-backwards. It's the demand for all the "free stuff" including housing and cash money that brings the typical illegal here these days. It WAS jobs in the pre-welfare days,but those days are now long gone. Someone from Central or South America can cross the border illegally now,and once they hit a sanctuary city,they are retired in place for life. ALL their living expenses are paid for,and if they work at all,it is off the books for cash money to party with.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »
So then why have laws at all? 

I mean someone can find any excuse to ignore pretty much any law in the country on the basis of Compassion.  Your fellow Liberals prove this on almost a daily basis.

You and other Liberals use "compassion" as a code word for "ignore the rule of law".

Please.  You are too smart to fall for the fake interpretation of compassion.  When has Trump shown compassion for a steak?  He always puts ketchup on it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 08:48:53 pm »
It was an excellent speech, emjay.  And that may be because, so I'm told, Steve Bannon played little or no role in writing it.

And despite the bleatings of some here that use of the word "compassion" means the speaker must be a liberal,  it's not a dirty word.   It is politically stupid to take the Dems' bait and refuse to help the so-called dreamers.  But more to the point - it is the right and COMPASSIONATE thing to do.   

Some here are so desperate to believe that Trump will betray us that they grasp at straws and stare intensely at words to find something demeaning.

When Trump DOES something bad, I will say so.

I wish I didn't live in this real world.  I wish I lived in a world where I was young, thin and pretty and had a loving husband.  I wish I lived in a world where Ted Cruz had been elected president.

But I'm stuck here and trying to make the best of it, not the worst.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 08:55:59 pm »
What's BS about it?  (Although the more troubling question is why so many employers prefer immigrant labor to unskilled American labor, which is too often lazy and unreliable.)

Say what you will about illegals, they are certainly motivated to work, and work hard.   

Nonsense.  Hard work has nothing to do with ethnicity.  It has to do with work ethics.  I work in manufacturing and I know there is not a single immigrant that works harder than I do.  In fact there are many who make a habit of sloppy and slow.  Constantly caught talking instead of working which they are getting paid to do.

And furthermore out of all the ethnicities that I work with the ones I find most match my work ethics are the Filipino people I work with.  Strong work ethic.  Strong family.  That is if I had to break people down by ethnicity.  I think that people should be judged by the work they do.  Not the country they come from.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:45:00 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2017, 09:00:41 pm »
Please.  You are too smart to fall for the fake interpretation of compassion.  When has Trump shown compassion for a steak?  He always puts ketchup on it.

AND - requests it well-done!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2017, 09:23:51 pm »

Thank you.  I didn't fall for it.  I was just showing how with JH's liberal mindset..."compassion" could used for jsut about anything in order to avoid obeying the law.

Ketchup on steak?  Ewwww.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2017, 04:29:33 am »
That is a 100% complete back peddle from your stance and crowing about Trump vis-à-vis immigration.

There were many here that tried to warn the wall screamers that Trump wasn't going to really build the wall or kick out every single illegal...and they were mocked for it and ridiculed as pro Amnesty etc etc.

Now you're trying to convince us that booting the "Dreamers" is somehow un-American?

Spare us all your blatant hypocrisy.

Yeah no matter what Trump does or does not do we can always count on @txradioguy and the other NeverTrumpers to raise  holly hell.

No one is going to deport (non criminal) teenagers or young adults that have spent almost their entire lives in the USA. Deal with it.

geronl

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2017, 06:08:01 am »
Nonsense.  Hard work has nothing to do with ethnicity.  It has to do with work ethics.  I work in manufacturing and I know there is not a single immigrant that works harder than I do.  In fact there are many who make a habit of sloppy and slow.  Constantly caught talking instead of working which they are getting paid to do.

A couple of hispanic dishwashers where I work, speak very very little english (understatement), one works hard when he is on the sprayer but the other one will take every opportunity to slack off. They've even been warned not to eat the food on the plates because the health department would shut us down. Still, the kitchen slips them food occasionally. (okay, I get some too,  :tongue2: )

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2017, 06:34:00 am »
A couple of hispanic dishwashers where I work, speak very very little english (understatement), one works hard when he is on the sprayer but the other one will take every opportunity to slack off. They've even been warned not to eat the food on the plates because the health department would shut us down. Still, the kitchen slips them food occasionally. (okay, I get some too,  :tongue2: )

That's exactly what I am talking about.  Ethnicity does not make a worker.  We have several Hispanic/Latino.  Guatemala, Mexico, El Salvador...  I can think of two I respect and call good workers.  Most are goof offs.  Take long lunch or breaks.  Talking and the hands aren't moving or they aren't paying attention.  There are more than a couple I would let go if I was the boss, but I am not.

I think it is wrong to say all of this ethnicity are good or bad workers.  They are both.  It depends on their work ethics just like everyone else.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DB

« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2017, 07:19:21 am »
I'd think that a fence would be cheaper and more effective than an opaque wall.   A wall at the border would be hard to police, I'd think,  since one cannot see through it, but only over it.   
If you can see through it, you know when there is no one policing it and when to go over it. If you can't see on the other side you don't know what's on the other side and that has benefits in terms of a deterrent - unless you fly a drone over it...