Author Topic: Trump invited Yemen raid widow to speech during condolence call  (Read 277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump invited Yemen raid widow to speech during condolence call

By Tara Palmeri

03/01/17 12:53 PM EST

President Donald Trump invited the widow of the Navy SEAL killed during a January raid in Yemen to be a guest at his address to Congress during a condolence call on Jan. 31, according to White House press secretary Sean Spicer.

Carryn Owens’s appearance in the gallery, sitting next to Trump’s daughter Ivanka, wasn’t announced before the speech but became a high point for the president after Trump thanked her for the sacrifice of her husband, Ryan, prompting a standing ovation from members of Congress gathered in the House chamber.

“Referencing her in the speech, that was her decision,” Spicer said Wednesday. “The president said he would like to raise this, and she said, ‘I would like that.’”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/carryn-owens-invitation-trump-congress-speech-235568
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump invited Yemen raid widow to speech during condolence call
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:11:28 pm »
Trump invited Yemen raid widow to speech during condolence call

By Tara Palmeri

03/01/17 12:53 PM EST

President Donald Trump invited the widow of the Navy SEAL killed during a January raid in Yemen to be a guest at his address to Congress during a condolence call on Jan. 31, according to White House press secretary Sean Spicer.

Carryn Owens’s appearance in the gallery, sitting next to Trump’s daughter Ivanka, wasn’t announced before the speech but became a high point for the president after Trump thanked her for the sacrifice of her husband, Ryan, prompting a standing ovation from members of Congress gathered in the House chamber.

“Referencing her in the speech, that was her decision,” Spicer said Wednesday. “The president said he would like to raise this, and she said, ‘I would like that.’”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/carryn-owens-invitation-trump-congress-speech-235568

I will admit that I was very moved by Trumps appropriate words of condolence to Ryans Widow.  The scripture he used is one we used for one of our very close friends who lost their son in Iraq. 

Then hearing that Trump blamed the military instead of himself.  Hmm
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.