Author Topic: NC Attorney General Josh Stein Accused of Ethical Misconduct Before U.S. Supreme Court  (Read 1234 times)

Offline endicom

PJ Media
J. Christian Adams
Feb. 28, 2017

North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein (D) has been accused of committing serious ethical misconduct in a brief filed before the United States Supreme Court.  Lawyers for the North Carolina Legislature have asked the Supreme Court to recognize their defense of election integrity laws such as voter ID laws and ignore Stein's attempt to derail an appeal to preserve the laws.  The pleadings to the Supreme Court accuse Attorney General Stein of severe ethical misconduct, misconduct for which many lawyers have been disbarred.

Before Stein won the 2016 election and became North Carolina's  attorney general, he was also a fact witness at trial for those attacking North Carolina’s election integrity statutes in federal court.

Lawyers are prohibited by ethical rules from acting as both a fact witness and an attorney of record in any case.  The proper course for Stein was to recuse himself, not file a motion to dismiss a Supreme Court appeal to preserve voter ID

More... https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2017/02/28/nc-attorney-general-josh-stein-accused-of-ethical-misconduct-before-us-supreme-court/

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Does the state law in NC allow the legislature to impeach Stein?  If he's disbarred, would that force him out of office as legally incapable of performing the duties of the office?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Does the state law in NC allow the legislature to impeach Stein?  If he's disbarred, would that force him out of office as legally incapable of performing the duties of the office?

Jeff Sessions needs to get the author of this piece back to work in the Civil Rights Division ASAP!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Excellent questions for which I have no adequate replies.

Offline endicom

Jeff Sessions needs to get the author of this piece back to work in the Civil Rights Division ASAP!

I think Adams is in hurry to return.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I think Adams is in hurry to return.

I hope he is!  We need him there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

I hope he is!  We need him there!

Ouch!

I meant 'no hurry.'