Author Topic: Trump just delivered the best speech of his political career  (Read 876 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump just delivered the best speech of his political career
« on: March 01, 2017, 03:12:42 pm »
SOURCE: NEW YORK POST

URL: http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/trump-just-delivered-the-best-speech-of-his-political-career/

by Michael Goodwin

Sometimes a speech is just a speech. And sometimes it heralds the prospect of a great national revival.

Donald Trump gave the best speech of his short political life last night, and it had nothing to do with grand oratory. He was thoroughly presidential, speaking plainly and yet masterfully in projecting an optimistic vision of the America he aims to build.

It is a vision so optimistic and encompassing that even steaming Democrats had to join boisterous Republicans in the applause at times.

Anything you could possibly want, he served it up in a feast of ideas and promises. Trump was at times resolute, as when he talked about the “broken promises” of ObamaCare.

And he never once mentioned the media or fake news. Hallelujah!

His speech was well written, and well delivered, chock full of initiatives and full of changes in mood.

Trump was aggressive when he wondered how Democrats opposed to border control would feel if they talked to an American who lost his job and maybe a loved one because of an illegal immigrant.

He showed flashes of humor and talked with compassion about the power of school choice to save children from failing schools while recounting the story of a young woman in the audience. She was one of several nonwhites he singled out in a display of diversity that most Dems couldn’t resist.

Most of all, the president led the Capitol to an emotional crescendo by introducing one of his guests, the tearful widow of Ryan Owens, the Navy SEAL killed in a recent raid in Yemen. The loud, sustained applause was simultaneously heartbreaking and inspiring.

The president’s goals are huge, but this was no mere laundry list of government spending and imposition. Instead, Trump infused his core principles — fixing immigration and trade, broad tax cuts, repealing ObamaCare and rebuilding the military — with unifying themes that would make America more fair, more just, more prosperous and, yes, great again.

(Excerpt) Read more at above link ...

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Trump just delivered the best speech of his political career
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 03:14:43 pm »
RECORD BREAKING SUSTAINED STANDING OVATION (DID THE CAMERAS PAN TOWARDS THE DEMOCRAT SECTION OF THE AISLE?):

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:43:05 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »
Forget about Trump the man.

The speech was well delivered, and (with the exception of family leave) hit all the right themes. I haven't heard anything like it since Reagan's first term.

On the other hand, the Democrats hit all the wrong ones.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:19:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »

The speech was well delivered, and (with the exception of family leave) hit all the right themes. I haven't heard anything like it since Reagan's first term.

I saw two women in white ( don't know their names but I guess they were congress women ) giving the thumbs down when Trump mentioned repealing Obamacare.

The response from the ex-governor of Kentucky was equally bizzare ( I did not know what his point was ).

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:24:06 pm »
I saw two women in white ( don't know their names but I guess they were congress women ) giving the thumbs down when Trump mentioned repealing Obamacare.

The response from the ex-governor of Kentucky was equally bizzare ( I did not know what his point was ).

These two looked particularly unserious. What an embarrassment.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:37:52 pm »
MORE OF THE "SUFFRAGETTES"....

FROM THE DAILY MAIL:

Thumbs down for Trump from Pelosi's women in white: Democrats dress like their suffrage heroines (and Hillary) to attack President

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4269932/Democrat-women-wear-white-honor-suffragettes.html

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 03:38:34 pm »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 03:39:25 pm »
SO, YOU THINK ONLY TRUMP DOES TWITTER....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 03:39:56 pm »

The Democrats finally realized, "Oh S--T!    He really isn't the Hitler we thought he was."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 03:43:59 pm »

They look like they're getting ready to attend a high school pregame rally. Knuckleheads.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »
I know I shouldn't be doing this.... but since the Dems always play the race card, I can't resist when i see them wear white.... it reminds me of history.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:51:50 pm by SirLinksALot »