Author Topic: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi acknowledges defeat in Iraq (Political Rules of Engagement)  (Read 7942 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What is surprising is that BBC largely got it right.

Did you say that with a straight face? Press TV is Iranian, really? At least, one of the youtube videos above is from them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:16:53 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

AFP has been accused of being anti-Israel, that's another of the youtube videos posted, if one is going to start shooting the messenger.

Offline TomSea

R and U videos? Really? Now Russian propaganda slop as well? Oh, that naughty BBC.

From 1,649 factually untrue reports published by pro-Kremlin media outlets over the past eighteen months. The reports were compiled by the Disinformation Review, a European Union project set up to monitor Russian disinformation campaigns.

The United States is preparing to make Siberia its fifty-first state.

Estonia is building a concentration camp for its Russian-speaking citizens.

European children sleep with Hitler dolls.

Angela Merkel is the daughter of Adolf Hitler.

Recep Tayyip Erdo gan’s daughter owns a hospital that cures Islamic State fighters.

“ISIS” stands for the Israeli Secret Intelligence Services.

Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is a Jew, and he is supported by John McCain.

Osama bin Laden is living in the Bahamas, sponsored by the CIA.

The German government buys Czech prostitutes to satisfy the needs of young refugees.

An English firm makes clothes out of human leather, using the skin of the victims of the Ukrainian and Syrian crises.

http://harpers.org/archive/2017/03/from-russia-with-lies/

:silly:  Oh, yeah, the BBC is so bad.

Offline TomSea

Well in this war, I trust their reporting more than BBC or NBC.  Watch their stuff.

So, you trust Iran more besides posting this stuff in politics where it doesn't belong.

Iran that has roundly been called by a number of people, the world's largest terrorist sponsor,

Iran, the country with a nuclear treaty that Trump and Ted Cruz held a rally concerning saying that treaty should be torn up?

Iran, the country that has countless times, threatened Israel? That supports Hezbollah terrorists? That was found by one trial to be involved in 911 and a country where most of the hijackers of 911 had been in in the previous months to 911? You find this more trustworthy? Really?

Iran that is accused of killing US soldiers in Iraq. I guess I missed the story about England.

http://www.iran911case.com/

Offline TomSea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_controversies

Rotten to the core.  Especially against Trump.

You are for Trump, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_in_Russia

Russian Propaganda, Rotten to the Core, or are you a big fan of the 200 billion dollar man, ex-KGB officer Vladimir Putin, Don't ask your condescending "are you for Trump?" , you were the one who pinged people not to vote for him.

Russia, that place of life expectancy for men of 67 years, where people drink bath oil and anti-freeze to get drunk.  The place that could become a Muslim nation and supplies ISIS many fighters, you are saying trust them?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irkutsk-russia-bath-lotion-alcohol-poisoning-state-of-emergency-dozens-dead/

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/09/russian-fighters-are-joining-isis-in-record-numbers.html

Predicting a Majority-Muslim Russia
by Daniel Pipes Aug 6, 2005
updated Dec 24, 2016
http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/08/predicting-a-majority-muslim-russia

You are for the United States, aren't you?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:34:51 am by TomSea »

Offline LonestarDream

Who is Laura Kuenssberg?

In January 2016, the team behind the BBC's Daily Politics show orchestrated the on-air resignation of Labour politician Stephen Doughty shortly before the start of Prime Minister's Questions. The show's output editor Andrew Alexander wrote a (later deleted) blog post for the BBC website explaining how this had come about. Alexander wrote: "We knew his resignation just before PMQs would be a dramatic moment with big political impact". The timing of the announcement ensured Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was caught off guard. BBC News political editor Laura Kuenssberg "sealed the deal" with Doughty before filming, even though it appeared to viewers that the resignation had been unplanned. A camera crew even filmed Doughty and Kuenssberg arriving at the studio together in advance of the announcement, this to televise later on news bulletins.[178]

So, you trust Iran more besides posting this stuff in politics where it doesn't belong.

Iran that has roundly been called by a number of people, the world's largest terrorist sponsor,

Iran, the country with a nuclear treaty that Trump and Ted Cruz held a rally concerning saying that treaty should be torn up?

Iran, the country that has countless times, threatened Israel? That supports Hezbollah terrorists? That was found by one trial to be involved in 911 and a country where most of the hijackers of 911 had been in in the previous months to 911? You find this more trustworthy? Really?

Iran that is accused of killing US soldiers in Iraq. I guess I missed the story about England.

http://www.iran911case.com/

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This belongs in World News
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LonestarDream

I voted Cruz in the primaries and Trump in general.

My posting history reflects it.  Do not misrepresent my positions. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_in_Russia

Russian Propaganda, Rotten to the Core, or are you a big fan of the 200 billion dollar man, ex-KGB officer Vladimir Putin, Don't ask your condescending "are you for Trump?" , you were the one who pinged people not to vote for him.

Russia, that place of life expectancy for men of 67 years, where people drink bath oil and anti-freeze to get drunk.  The place that could become a Muslim nation and supplies ISIS many fighters, you are saying trust them?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irkutsk-russia-bath-lotion-alcohol-poisoning-state-of-emergency-dozens-dead/

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/09/russian-fighters-are-joining-isis-in-record-numbers.html

You are for the United States, aren't you?

Offline TomSea

RT Founder, Mikhail Lesin, one of many Russians to die mysterious deaths, yeah, let's listen to the Russian media:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3307999/Russian-media-executive-Mikhail-Lesin-dies-57-DC-hotel.html

Offline MOD4

Then please delete the whole thread.

No.  We'll just Move it to the correct forum.

Offline TomSea

Iran has clearly been violating the nuclear deal they have. Flynn put them on notice. Wow. Trust these guys?

They violated it even as so far as Iranian General Soleimani puportedly visiting Russia, but we know their missile test probably violated the treaty as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02/15/exclusive-shadowy-iranian-general-visits-moscow-violating-sanctions.html

Offline LonestarDream

The BBC and Laura Kuenssberg Claim that Trump wants Torture.  In front of PM May.

I will leave it to @TomSea to defend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBuLmrri5rs

Iran has clearly been violating the nuclear deal they have. Flynn put them on notice. Wow. Trust these guys?

They violated it even as so far as Iranian General Soleimani puportedly visiting Russia, but we know their missile test probably violated the treaty as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02/15/exclusive-shadowy-iranian-general-visits-moscow-violating-sanctions.html

Offline TomSea

The BBC and Laura Kuenssberg Claim that Trump wants Torture.  In front of PM May.

I will leave it to @TomSea to defend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBuLmrri5rs
@LonestarDream
Oh, videos, is the best thing one can do. A youtube video can be put up by anyone.   A youtube video that was being posted in the politics section.  :silly: And now someone wanted the thread deleted because it was placed in the right area.

Did Trump make comments originally about torture, yes he did.  Has Trump backed down on those comments now. Yes he did.  And his general said they wouldn't do it.

Who cares what some youtube channel has.

At least, they are not posting mickey mouse Russian press stories.

US Sets Up Military Base in Syrian Manbij to 'Defend It From Turkish Attack'
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201703011051156732-us-syria-manbij-base/

This story above has been shown to already be a load of trash.

@LonestarDream

Any news outlet can be shown to have had bad reporting.

Youtube videos hardly qualify as news.

Don't personalize your arguments, find what was wrong with the story.

It's better than posting propaganda you tube videos, what a hoot.

It's fine to post from whatever source one wants, but if one criticizes, they should be prepared likewise to defend what they post. Some sources may be right, this is a rabbit hole for some reason, one felt they needed to go down.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:08:01 pm by TomSea »

Offline LonestarDream

Am not trying to make you look bad.  It was the BBC and Laura K that accused Trump of advocating for Torture, not Youtube.  I challenge to you to show me where Trump advocated for Torture in the sense of removing body parts.  That would be something ISIS does.

Trump was talking about obtaining information from enhanced interrogation, not removing body parts which is the lie that the BBC is trying to paint in the minds of its viewers ..

But this one example is not the larger point. 

All the press could have useful information, even press that is hostile or that we disagree with. 

So I have been thinking about a framework to evaluate a report.

Souce > Source Motive > Subject

So for example, If the source is Iranian and the subject is US navy of course it likely wrong .  And certainly going to make the US look bad( In Obama's case he gave the Iranians the sailors as  a propaganda coupe. )

But we already KNOW to be suspect of the Iranian press.  Now the real danger is the so called 'trusted' press like BBC, CNN, NYT and Wash post which is supposed to be credible.

We get a false positive feeling of credibility from these outlets and end up having to waste time defending Trump , Sessions and Global warming (As an aside all of these outlets are complicit in the East Anglia fraud)etc. 

So we have to be MORE VIGILANT with the leftist outlets.

Now these is one more thing. Because I dont like having to write these explanations, I TRIED finding credible western sources/embeds for what was going on in Tal -Afar and Mosul.  They were slim and none and slim left the country.

But the framework above works because the arab sources had credible embeds AND were calling ISIS 'infidels' and takfiri (apostasy).  Fascinating!!!  ISIS members were REPEATEDLY referred to as takfiris. 

A corollary political insight is that Trump refers to radical islam.  Well the word takfiris means the same thing for purposes of building alliances so we dont have to fight them all.   

Maybe we can make the media framework thing a post for the antro board , so am bringing this to the attention to don for that purpose. 

@Norm Lenhart
@don-o
@Smokin Joe

@LonestarDream
Oh, videos, is the best thing one can do. A youtube video can be put up by anyone.   A youtube video that was being posted in the politics section.  :silly: And now someone wanted the thread deleted because it was placed in the right area.

Did Trump make comments originally about torture, yes he did.  Has Trump backed down on those comments now. Yes he did.  And his general said they wouldn't do it.

Who cares what some youtube channel has.

At least, they are not posting mickey mouse Russian press stories.

US Sets Up Military Base in Syrian Manbij to 'Defend It From Turkish Attack'
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201703011051156732-us-syria-manbij-base/

This story above has been shown to already be a load of trash.

@LonestarDream

Any news outlet can be shown to have had bad reporting.

Youtube videos hardly qualify as news.

Don't personalize your arguments, find what was wrong with the story.

It's better than posting propaganda you tube videos, what a hoot.

It's fine to post from whatever source one wants, but if one criticizes, they should be prepared likewise to defend what they post. Some sources may be right, this is a rabbit hole for some reason, one felt they needed to go down.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Iraqi Day 🇮🇶‏ @iraqi_day 27m27 minutes ago

Iraqi Day
🇮🇶 Retweeted Iraqi Day

🇮🇶

KILLED
#ISIS finance commission
Abu Aisha- Tunisia
Abu Tabarak- Turkey
Ahmed Sabr- Turkey
Abu Ismael- Turkey
Abu Abid-Iraq
sami Ahmed- Iraq

@LonestarDream

Offline LonestarDream

Yeah I saw that from multiple sources in the arab media.

They are getting this out 24 - 36  hours before the western media gets it out at all.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Maybe we can make the media framework thing a post for the antro board , so am bringing this to the attention to don for that purpose. 

@Norm Lenhart
@don-o
@Smokin Joe

That is a fine idea. Why don't to save this post as the basis for making a larger one? You can count on me to post large chunks of Neil Postman.

Offline TomSea

Am not trying to make you look bad.  It was the BBC and Laura K that accused Trump of advocating for Torture, not Youtube.  I challenge to you to show me where Trump advocated for Torture in the sense of removing body parts.  That would be something ISIS does.

Trump was talking about obtaining information from enhanced interrogation, not removing body parts which is the lie that the BBC is trying to paint in the minds of its viewers ..

But this one example is not the larger point. 

All the press could have useful information, even press that is hostile or that we disagree with. 

So I have been thinking about a framework to evaluate a report.

Souce > Source Motive > Subject

So for example, If the source is Iranian and the subject is US navy of course it likely wrong .  And certainly going to make the US look bad( In Obama's case he gave the Iranians the sailors as  a propaganda coupe. )

But we already KNOW to be suspect of the Iranian press.  Now the real danger is the so called 'trusted' press like BBC, CNN, NYT and Wash post which is supposed to be credible.

We get a false positive feeling of credibility from these outlets and end up having to waste time defending Trump , Sessions and Global warming (As an aside all of these outlets are complicit in the East Anglia fraud)etc. 

So we have to be MORE VIGILANT with the leftist outlets.

Now these is one more thing. Because I dont like having to write these explanations, I TRIED finding credible western sources/embeds for what was going on in Tal -Afar and Mosul.  They were slim and none and slim left the country.

But the framework above works because the arab sources had credible embeds AND were calling ISIS 'infidels' and takfiri (apostasy).  Fascinating!!!  ISIS members were REPEATEDLY referred to as takfiris. 

A corollary political insight is that Trump refers to radical islam.  Well the word takfiris means the same thing for purposes of building alliances so we dont have to fight them all.   

@Norm Lenhart
@don-o
@Smokin Joe

Forbes Magazine, she was just doing her job.

Kuenssberg’s question was simply stating the facts, and asking the President for his view on them, yet because Trump’s own comments reflect negatively on him, it was spun as combative. Trump himself responded by rolling his eyes dismissively, accusatorily telling May she "picked the question" and “joking” that it was the “end of the relationship” — implying that relations between the U.S. and foreign nations will be based upon how flattering journalists are towards him. A chilling thought for anyone who values the freedom of the press.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sirenabergman/2017/01/30/criticism-of-bbc-journalist-laura-kuenssberg-after-her-question-to-trump-is-innacurate-and-dangerous/#15ff91f479b1

If one wants to say one question by one reporter reflects 80 years of the BBC, have at it.

People routinely degrade the Daily Mail; we even had the article that wikipedia calls them inaccurate. They report on a wide range of stories, better than most outlets and stories we don't see elsewhere, should now we give up the daily mail? Be my guest, I have heard people fuss about it.

I know the BBC's faults well, big deal; Washington Post, NY Times, they all have blemishes, is one suggesting we stop using them? If a snarky response "For once they got something right" or whatever it was is used, one should not expect to go unchallenged.

Especially if one is posting from closed societies like Iran and Russia and feel they have some sort of sanctimonious righteous attitude then by the BBC.

Offline TomSea

If we are going to hold people to things they have said, gee whiz, I certainly did not ping people before the election not to vote for Trump.

@don-o
@LonestarDream
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:44:14 pm by TomSea »

Offline LonestarDream

The is a whole history with BBC and NYT etc. 

These constant body blows on Trump and Cruz etc, are causing folks over in politics to not trust Trump.

Forbes Magazine, she was just doing her job.

If one wants to say one question by one reporter reflects 80 years of the BBC, have at it.

People routinely degrade the Daily Mail; we even had the article that wikipedia calls them inaccurate. They report on a wide range of stories, better than most outlets and stories we don't see elsewhere, should now we give up the daily mail? Be my guest, I have heard people fuss about it.

I know the BBC's faults well, big deal; Washington Post, NY Times, they all have blemishes, is one suggesting we stop using them? If a snarky response "For once they got something right" or whatever it was is used, one should not expect to go unchallenged.

Especially if one is posting from closed societies like Iran and Russia and feel they have some sort of sanctimonious righteous attitude then by the BBC.

Offline LonestarDream

I didnt either.  I voted for Trump. Have no idea what you are talking about.

If we are going to hold people to things they have said, gee whiz, I certainly did not ping people before the election not to vote for Trump.

@don-o
@LonestarDream

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

@don-o
@LonestarDream

Whut?

Offline TomSea

LAURA KUENSSBERG, BBC: Thank you very much, Prime Minister. Laura Kuenssberg BBC News.

Prime Minister, you've talked about where you agree, but you have also said you would be frank where you disagreed with the president. Can you tell us where in our talks you did disagree? And do you think that the president listened to what you had to say?

And Mr. President, you...

Mr. President, you've said before that torture works. You've praised Russia. You've said you want to ban some Muslims for -- from coming to America. You've suggested there should be punishment for abortion. For many people in Britain, those sound like alarming beliefs. What do you say to our viewers at home who are worried about some of your views and worried about you becoming the leader of the free world?

TRUMP: This was your choice of a question?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/01/27/bbc_reporter_to_trump_what_do_you_say_to_those_worried_about_you_becoming_leader_of_the_free_world.html#!

888ohnoes

Offline LonestarDream

888ohnoes

Ok evidently you are upset with some postings of mine to the point you now bash Trump.  I went from 'Trump realist ' to 'Trump believer' some time around sept of last year.  See my tagline. 

But we are (were ? ) on the same basic side supporting Trump.  There is already way too much Trump bashing, so do ignore my posts and will try to remember not to reply to yours.

Btw, thought it was good you referred to DC Whispers story on another thread.

@TomSea
@don-o

Offline TomSea

Imagine, one telling others not to vote for Trump just prior to the election, now finding such fault with an innocent question by a BBC reporter and accusing others of not supporting Trump with a lot of righteous disdain, may I add.