Author Topic: Trump blames military for SEAL’s death  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump blames military for SEAL’s death
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 12:20:09 am »
@LonestarDream

Personally, I don't give a damn about wanting some politician to look good.  When did that become the priority?

Since Trump was elected. Making Trump look good is more important than everything else.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 12:23:06 am »
@LonestarDream

Personally, I don't give a damn about wanting some politician to look good.  When did that become the priority?

Really?  I dont believe that.  We are talking about optics matching substance.

Reagan looked good ^  And it largely matched his substance.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 12:49:16 am »
@LonestarDream

I very much want Trump to succeed and my comments are directed to that end. I am unclear what those who reflexively and repeatedly attack him are hoping for.   Maybe someone can clear that up.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 12:52:23 am »
I very much want Trump to succeed and my comments are directed to that end. I am unclear what those who reflexively and repeatedly attack him are hoping for.   Maybe someone can clear that up.

Impeachment.  Then after Pence limps through three years , we get fauxchahontas . 

See Nixon > Ford > Carter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 12:55:29 am »

Since Trump was elected. Making Trump look good is more important than everything else.

**nononono*

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 12:57:17 am »
Whatever happened with The Buck Stops Here?????
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:57:53 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 12:57:57 am »
Really?  I dont believe that.  We are talking about optics matching substance.

Reagan looked good ^  And it largely matched his substance.

@LonestarDream

Were his supporters preoccupied with trying to make him look good?  No.  It wasn't necessary.

My priority is the country.  Trump got elected, now let him do his own job and make himself look good. 

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 12:59:30 am »

I'm unclear as to what you think the purpose of this forum is. Do you want this to resemble fr?  What do you want me to post? Nothing but stuff you agree with so you can post a thumbs up emoji on every post? That would seem boring to me.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 01:00:57 am »
@LonestarDream

Were his supporters preoccupied with trying to make him look good?  No.  It wasn't necessary.

My priority is the country.  Trump got elected, now let him do his own job and make himself look good.

Iran Contra.  Oliver North.  Boland amendment.  Yeah, I used to debate kids on playground all the time in support of Reagan.

8888huh

You are exposing me for being  a nerd.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 01:04:27 am »

I'm unclear as to what you think the purpose of this forum is. Do you want this to resemble fr?  What do you want me to post? Nothing but stuff you agree with so you can post a thumbs up emoji on every post? That would seem boring to me.

Constructive criticism to advance conservatism .  I am sure DU and other sites are pining for Trump to be removed and turn the US into Sweden and worse...

TOS will not even allow constructive criticism of Trump-- here you have a point.

Silver Pines

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2017, 01:06:17 am »

@don-o

It's pretty simple, really.  I want him to succeed for the sake of the country, but I can't make him do so.  That's his job.  It's up to him.

I've said before that I'll give Trump credit when he does something good (example: Gorsuch) and I won't hesitate to criticize when he screws up. 

Now, one Trump supporter on this board messaged me a while back with an offer to try and make peace, and get along.  I agreed and said I'd be glad to try.  I told him/her that same thing about credit and criticism, and asked if it was good enough.

The person never responded.

Which is too bad, because I'm not into propping up politicians, no matter who they are.  I wouldn't do it for Cruz if he were in the White House.  I would expect him to stand or fall on his own.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 01:08:46 am »
@LonestarDream

Stockman, Al Haig. Voodoo economics.  'Star wars' .  Nuclear freeze.  Grenada.  The homeless. AIDS.

Warmonger. Deficit spending, starving the poor. And throwing Grandma in the street. 

Putting down 'people of color'.  Cutting taxes for the rich.   Lots of incoming for Reagan. 

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2017, 01:12:11 am »
@don-o
Which is too bad, because I'm not into propping up politicians, no matter who they are.  I wouldn't do it for Cruz if he were in the White House.  I would expect him to stand or fall on his own.

Unfortunately for us , Cruz did not win enough votes or alternatively , we did not do enough to support him in the primaries.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:13:54 am by LonestarDream »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2017, 01:14:31 am »

Oh the drama.

I don't think you should change a thing. Except to put excerpts in new topics you start.

Silver Pines

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 01:27:58 am »
Stockman, Al Haig. Voodoo economics.  'Star wars' .  Nuclear freeze.  Grenada.  The homeless. AIDS.

Warmonger. Deficit spending, starving the poor. And throwing Grandma in the street. 

Putting down 'people of color'.  Cutting taxes for the rich.   Lots of incoming for Reagan.

@LonestarDream

?

What's your point?  That all presidents get criticism?  Sure they do.

That's not the topic.  As I pointed out, Reagan didn't need his supporters to try and make him look good.  He did it on his own.  Trump will have to, as well.

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 01:28:55 am »
Unfortunately for us , Cruz did not win enough votes or alternatively , we did not do enough to support him in the primaries.

@LonestarDream

Again, not the point. 

Wingnut

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 01:41:18 am »
Whatever happened with The Buck Stops Here?????

I think it is back in the Truman Library.  It is in mint condition.  Like New. It didn't get much use.  No other President wanted it.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 01:44:19 am »
@LonestarDream

As I pointed out, Reagan didn't need his supporters to try and make him look good.

He did.  One needs broad and intense support to become President in the modern era.

We supported Cruz in the primaries.  Perhaps not enough.  I even remember defending Cruz during the Iowa flyer incident. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2017, 01:52:41 am »
THE BUCK STOPS THERE!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2017, 03:41:32 am »
THE BUCK STOPS THERE!

Trump honored Ryan and his widow.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2017, 03:46:13 am »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2017, 03:47:59 am »
I heard the clip. He was not emphasizing THEY. But, that does not come across when it is reported. It's rough enough w/o him tagging himself with a "kick me" sign.

Playing the blame game about tragedies that happen during war is not a good thing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2017, 06:31:00 am »
@LonestarDream

Again, not the point.

@CatherineofAragon

Neither of them can justify or approve of this - so they change the subject.

Trump better man up. Part of his job is sending people to die if necessary. Sometimes they do.

And knock the "it was planned before Trump got in" BS on the head. The raid was into Yemen. The USA is not currently in a state of war with Yemen. That means the sitting President has to sign off on the mission. Full stop, no excuses.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2017, 07:03:41 am »
He did.  One needs broad and intense support to become President in the modern era.

We supported Cruz in the primaries.  Perhaps not enough.  I even remember defending Cruz during the Iowa flyer incident.
Cruz waged a dirty shameful campaign, he's defended the Obama stimulus, wanted to hand out green cards galore, more H1B1 visas, his record is clear for anyone who researches it. I guess those acts are all Conservative though.

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2017, 12:08:30 pm »
Cruz waged a dirty shameful campaign, he's defended the Obama stimulus, wanted to hand out green cards galore, more H1B1 visas, his record is clear for anyone who researches it. I guess those acts are all Conservative though.
[/quote

:boring:

Here we go again...