Author Topic: Trump wants compromise immigration bill: reports  (Read 4344 times)

geronl

Re: Trump wants compromise immigration bill: reports
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2017, 06:39:13 pm »
I'll gladly take "amnesty" in exchange for fundamental reform of the immigration laws and their enforcement going forward.

Right, because we've never seen that deal before. Reagan fell for that too.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2017, 06:40:29 pm »

Agreed, "fool me once ......"

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2017, 06:43:31 pm »
Agreed, "fool me once ......"

Well, Trump does seem to be one who'll be committed to enforcement. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2017, 06:45:08 pm »
Of course you didn't hear it. You only hear want you want to hear when it comes to Trump.

If you want to turn the entire country against Trump, and we all know that is exactly what you NeverTrumpers want to do, then start deporting teenagers that have lived in the USA either all of their life or since early childhood. Dreamers have to be dealt with on a case by case basis. Everyone knows that. And Trump has said as much.

That is a 100% complete back peddle from your stance and crowing about Trump vis-à-vis immigration.

There were many here that tried to warn the wall screamers that Trump wasn't going to really build the wall or kick out every single illegal...and they were mocked for it and ridiculed as pro Amnesty etc etc.

Now you're trying to convince us that booting the "Dreamers" is somehow un-American?

Spare us all your blatant hypocrisy.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2017, 06:47:19 pm »

What's up, doc?  Trump did not promise amnesty...he did mention compassion which is apparently a code word to some people for inviting all illegals to lunch at Mar a Lago.

I was as anti-Trump as anyone and I have the credentials to prove it.  But, unlike a lot of people here, I am currently residing in reality.

Trump won and he has consistently surprised me ... in a good way.

I could not believe how much I liked his cabinet picks and his Supreme Court pick. 

No one seems to give him any credit for the executive order about immigration that was shot down by the courts.

No one seems to give him any credit for trying to re-write the order so that it can pass the liberal judges and be enforced.

Anti-trumpers are perched on the edge of their seats, fingers twitching, to find fault.

I would not have believed Trump would have done this well and I would not have believed in a million years that Trump could have given such a good speech...well written and well delivered and touching on all the main points of his aims as president.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2017, 07:17:55 pm »
It was an excellent speech, emjay.  And that may be because, so I'm told, Steve Bannon played little or no role in writing it.

And despite the bleatings of some here that use of the word "compassion" means the speaker must be a liberal,  it's not a dirty word.   It is politically stupid to take the Dems' bait and refuse to help the so-called dreamers.  But more to the point - it is the right and COMPASSIONATE thing to do.   
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:20:44 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2017, 07:24:27 pm »
It was an excellent speech, emjay.  And that may be because, so I'm told, Steve Bannon played little or no role in writing it.

And despite the bleatings of some here that use of the word "compassion" means the speaker must be a liberal,  it's not a dirty word.   It is politically stupid to take the Dems' bait and refuse to help the so-called dreamers.  But more to the point - it is the right and COMPASSIONATE thing to do.   

So then why have laws at all? 

I mean someone can find any excuse to ignore pretty much any law in the country on the basis of Compassion.  Your fellow Liberals prove this on almost a daily basis.

You and other Liberals use "compassion" as a code word for "ignore the rule of law".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2017, 07:29:01 pm »
That is a 100% complete back peddle from your stance and crowing about Trump vis-à-vis immigration.

There were many here that tried to warn the wall screamers that Trump wasn't going to really build the wall or kick out every single illegal...and they were mocked for it and ridiculed as pro Amnesty etc etc.

Now you're trying to convince us that booting the "Dreamers" is somehow un-American?

Spare us all your blatant hypocrisy.

Yes I was one of those people and I was ridiculed.  I knew Trump couldn't and wouldn't do what he campaigned to do.  And I would not get to excited about any wall either.  I have read so many different things.  Its a surprise gift.  Could be part wall and fence.  A 10' wall anyone can easily get over and under.  More employment opportunity for the illegals in the country.  You know the ones Trump has coined the "good" ones that he wants to employ. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2017, 07:33:41 pm »
A 10' wall anyone can easily get over and under. 

I've always wondered what happens when "blowing holes in the wall" becomes a popular Mexican pastime...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »
I'd think that a fence would be cheaper and more effective than an opaque wall.   A wall at the border would be hard to police, I'd think,  since one cannot see through it, but only over it.   

Offline r9etb

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2017, 07:37:44 pm »
I'd think that a fence would be cheaper and more effective than an opaque wall.   A wall at the border would be hard to police, I'd think,  since one cannot see through it, but only over it.   

A fence or a wall ... it's silly in any case.  Illegal immigration is driven by economic incentives.  Better to address those, than waste money on a wall.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2017, 07:38:57 pm »

A mirrored wall would be better. The mexicans will attack their own reflections!

Then we can have a moat with sharks and lasers on their heads.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2017, 07:40:50 pm »
A fence or a wall ... it's silly in any case.  Illegal immigration is driven by economic incentives.  Better to address those, than waste money on a wall.

I'm for both, but I do agree that we should cut out the economic incentives.  A compromise should do exactly the opposite of cutting down on illegal immigration.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2017, 07:49:15 pm »

Agree 100%.   A wall is mostly a symbolic sop to Trump's supporters - to properly address illegal immigration both the demand and supply sides of the equation must be addressed.  And it's mostly demand for their services that drives folks to cross the border.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:44 pm »
Agree 100%.   A wall is mostly a symbolic sop to Trump's supporters - to properly address illegal immigration both the demand and supply sides of the equation must be addressed.  And it's mostly demand for their services that drives folks to cross the border.

Sounds a lot like McCain's BS quip about "jobs American's won't do".  :nono:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2017, 07:57:11 pm »

Bingo.  If Trump refuses to stop all incentives that bring illegals I refuse to respect him.  The people who voted for him were Americans tired of illegal immigration.  Tired of illegals being cradled by the government as if they are some gift to American corporations who refuse to hire Americans.  Tired of illegals being promoted as the only young people who should dream to be someone in America.  Tired of feeding them, giving them cash assistance, free health, dental and vision. Giving them special tuitions  because their parents brought them here.  Paying for them to charge over the border and immediately give birth in American hospitals for free just to proclaim they have an American son or daughter......................on and on and on.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2017, 08:05:23 pm »

I remember when the argument was that they pick fruit and lettuce because Americans didn't want to do it.  Now its all construction and manufacturing jobs.  We just saw restaurants close for protest day.  All those restaurant jobs Americans supposedly won't do.

They have aced Americans out of work and it has been done with government approval.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2017, 08:13:39 pm »

What's BS about it?  (Although the more troubling question is why so many employers prefer immigrant labor to unskilled American labor, which is too often lazy and unreliable.)

Say what you will about illegals, they are certainly motivated to work, and work hard.   

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2017, 08:14:53 pm »
What's BS about it?  (Although the more troubling question is why so many employers prefer immigrant labor to unskilled American labor, which is too often lazy and unreliable.)

Say what you will about illegals, they are certainly motivated to work, and work hard.   

If there is a genuine need for workers then increase legal immigration. The situation as it stands in untenable and lawless.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2017, 08:20:59 pm »

Its why Ted Cruz had the far superior plan. He promised to finish the fencing already approved by congress and grow and empower the border control. The real strength of his plan was in the things he would do on this side of the border to address the lures of illegal immigrants. Things like putting real teeth in the laws governing the transporting, harboring and hiring of illegals. Enforcement of laws requiring that Americans be given first shot at jobs before hiring foreign labor. Then there are the obvious things like not giving illegals welfare and cutting off sanctuary cities.

For all of Trump's ranting about companies moving jobs to Mexico I haven't heard much about how he will deal with companies hiring illegals here.

The last factory I worked in used illegals as a means of draining the last bit of productivity out of the place and driving long time employees to seek other jobs before they closed the doors. What they did was opened a shell temp service right in the building. They then hired nearly 200 people (mostly Costa Rican and Guatemalan) without ever running an ad and tripled the workforce. When they did that they cut everybody's hours. Long timers who had been getting by on $12 to $15 per hour by working 60 and 70 hours per week were suddenly cut back to 20 hours per week.

My former boss recently "retired" from the convenience store she landed at.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2017, 08:22:22 pm »
I'm just glad a WASP male is going to sign the amnesty bill.  That way it will be a patriotic amnesty.

@cato potatoe

I have no doubt at all this is the one time you are telling the truth. If it were Obama,you would be lying and saying you think it is a good thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2017, 08:23:56 pm »
I don't need to read the news:

@Night Hides Not

Maybe you should consider reading your own tag line?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2017, 08:25:13 pm »

I think the further destruction of the US was started back in April-May when Trump was chosen. Too late for that, broski.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yeah,cause Hillary would have been better,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2017, 08:26:06 pm »
Some democrats are figuring out that all they need to do is provide the path of least resistance  and Trump will flow to the ground like electricity. Basically all the democrats have to do is promise Trump a wall in return for amnesty for DREAMers. Then they can slow walk the wall as they collect millions of new voters. In 4 years they will have millions of new voters who will elect democrats to end border control for good. I know my union democrat family members are already pushing Dems to make a deal so unions can line their pockets with taxpayer dollars and they aren't worried about illegal immigration as long as the illegals are willing to unionize.

@Cripplecreek

Or that is your dream,anyway.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2017, 08:29:21 pm »
What's BS about it?

The entire premise.  It was wrong arrogant and ignorant when McCain said it and it hasn't improved any with you repeating it.

(Although the more troubling question is why so many employers prefer immigrant labor to unskilled American labor, which is too often lazy and unreliable.)

Because they are cheaper than the over priced business bankrupting union laborers msot companies would have to use instead in states taht don't have right to work laws.

And the 95 million U.S. citizens that have dropped out of the workforce aren't? 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:30:35 pm by txradioguy »