Author Topic: Trump Signs Bills Supporting Women Entrepreneurs and Women in STEM Fields  (Read 322 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Signs Bills Supporting Women Entrepreneurs and Women in STEM Fields
By Melanie Arter | February 28, 2017 | 3:31 PM EST
President Donald Trump (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – President Donald Trump signed into law two bills on Tuesday aimed at encouraging women to pursue careers in science and business fields.

“Today I’m signing two bills that promote women entering and leading the STEM fields – science, technology, engineering, and math. Currently, only one in four women who gets a STEM degree is working in a STEM job – which is not fair, and it’s not even smart for the people that aren’t taking advantage of it,” Trump said.

“It’s unacceptable that we have so many American women who have these degrees but yet are not being employed in these fields, so I think that’s going to change, and it’s going to change very rapidly. Protecting women with STEM degrees and all Americans with STEM degrees – very important, but it also means you have to crackdown on offshoring, because the offshoring is a tremendous problem that displaces many of our American workers and brains, the brain power,” he said.

Continued: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/trumps-signs-bills-supporting-women-entrepreneurs-and-women-stem-fields

Those who were keen to hand out so many H1B1 visas may not like this.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
What do all the pink hatted folks think of this? So much for claiming Trump is a male chauvinist pig who wants to chain women to the kitchen.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour