Author Topic: Political Correctness  (Read 2126 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Political Correctness
« on: February 28, 2017, 01:10:32 am »
What is meant by the modern term referred to as ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’..
The definition is found in 4 telegrams at the Truman Library and Museum
in Independence, Missouri. The following are copies of four telegrams between
President Harry Truman and Gen Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual
signing of the WWII Surrender Agreement in September 1945.. The contents of
those four telegrams below are exactly as received at the end of the war – not a
word has been added or deleted! 

(1) Tokyo, Japan
0800-September 1,1945
To: President Harry S Truman
Tomorrow we meet with those yellow-bellied bastards and sign the Surrender
Documents, any last minute instructions?

(2) Washington, D C
1300-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur
Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike
of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because
some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan
1630-September 1, 1945
To: H S Truman
Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does
the term politically correct mean?

pc_small Political Correctness 

(4) Washington, D C
2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical
minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the TrumanMuseum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’ really means…..
http://conservativeread.com/political-correctness/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Political Correctness
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 01:16:46 am »
My favorite Truman correspondence.....

THE WHITE HOUSE

WASHINGTON

Dec. 6, 1950

Mr. Hume:

I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. I've come to the conclusion that you are an "eight ulcer man on four ulcer pay."

It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful. When you write such poppy-cock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you're off the beam and at least four of your ulcers are at work.

Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!

Pegler, a gutter snipe, is a gentleman alongside you. I hope you'll accept that statement as a worse insult than a reflection on your ancestry.

H.S.T.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 01:20:55 am »
I would like a second source to verify what I just read. Before accepting that as a true statement between Harry Truman and what's his name .

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:25:34 am »
I would like a second source to verify what I just read. Before accepting that as a true statement between Harry Truman and what's his name .

First known use of the term "Political Correctness" was in the 1970 book The Black Woman, so I guess this Truman use is 100% and total bullshit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 01:35:24 am »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 01:50:58 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 01:58:03 am »

Sorry...  I want to see the full Truman transcript these bogus quotes were quoted from.

This didn't happen. This Truman/MacArthur exchange is an internet meme that got started in '15. Both the Truman library and MacArthur historians have never seen any such exchange. These telegrams do not exist. The term Political Correctness did not exist in 1945. Mainstream media is a new term as well. The whole thing is bullshit.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 02:01:27 am »
This didn't happen. This Truman/MacArthur exchange is an internet meme that got started in '15. Both the Truman library and MacArthur historians have never seen any such exchange. These telegrams do not exist. The term Political Correctness did not exist in 1945. Mainstream media is a new term as well. The whole thing is bullshit.

Fake and altered Bullshit.  There is no way in hell this happened as reported.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 02:09:50 am »

Maybe all that is "fake" but we sure did call the enemy "Japs," because I have seen the news stories of the times.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 02:15:21 am »
Maybe all that is "fake" but we sure did call the enemy "Japs," because I have seen the news stories of the times.

And your point is?   We called Germans Krauts.  Japs.. Japs.  It was unfiltered by "political correctness" that Truman never said or thought.  The term is a liberal invention of the recent times.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 03:14:50 am »

@Frank Cannon

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 03:42:15 am »
I really could care less when 'Political Correctness" started; it's destroying this country! 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 04:31:54 am »
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:32:34 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 12:52:13 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 09:00:05 pm »

That's so insulting to Trump, that he's not in the middle there.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 10:24:07 pm »
That's so insulting to Trump, that he's not in the middle there.

Bill Clinton tweeted about Mrs. Conway's kneeling on the sofa in the Oval Office, saying that it was highly inappropriate...when there was so much room on the floor.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald