Author Topic: Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2017, 11:41:00 am »

And what will he do if Trump orders the Marshals to grab this guy and send him to ICE?   Not a very smart thing to try with Trump,  in my opinion.   

When people try to rub Trump's nose in stuff,  they often get their own nose rubbed in stuff. 

If I were in Trump's position,   would I sit there and take this obvious affront,  or would I do what I am duty bound to do?
As anticipated, SHE is fairly attractive and female. The Dems are good at picking poster children, if nothing else.
Immediately, Trump would be classed a meanie and the law, well, "un-fai-ir", and the whining would be heard round the world.

They are doing this for the optics, after all, with side issues of an Arabic sounding name (muslim, but Pakistani origin) according to the article at Politico: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-speech-congress-2017-democrats-bring-undocumented-immigrants-235448 (Aaima Sayed) aimed at the immigration ban edict, and of course, the "wawah on wimmin".

She is one of four planned to be brought, another, Daniel Ramirez Medina, is suing to be allowed to stay under the DACA.

WaPo's blog is frothing at the orifice already.https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/02/27/happy-hour-roundup-1055/

So the optics are going to suck, either way. Either Trump lets them walk, the law is not upheld, and his supporters get mad (or make excuses), or the Dems will howl like the unruly children they are because the law is upheld.

Unfortunately, there are enough poorly educated folks out there (even Republicans) who will buy the whole 'there should be some exceptions' line, if not go for the whole DACA thing to be carved in stone (Yep the Dems are ready with the Legislation) in the emotionalized media turbulence that would follow any arrests.  Follow them back and pick them up quietly afterwards.

But then, who is to say this isn't collusion between the GOPe (Who haven't been exactly falling all over themselves to secure the border, at least since "Operation Wetback") and the Congressional Dems. Both know all too well how to use the knife from behind, but the Dems have the brass to look you in the eye.

From http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/durbin-to-bring-undocumented-med-school-student-to-trump-speech/article/2615906
Earlier this year, Durbin reintroduced a bipartisan bill to ensure that dreamers remain protected from deportation during the Trump administration. The measure would cement Obama's executive order to provide temporary relief from deportation, as well as work authorization for young immigrants who were brought to the United States as children.
Not all the Rats are DemocRats on the Hill.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2017, 11:47:22 am »
Put a ICE agent and a Secret Service guy with him at the door. Then let Durbin try to violate about 15 laws getting a potential foreign agent near the President of the United States. Film the event. Make commercials as needed explaining how the Democrats endangered the President for political points.

Remember 'Undocumented' means unvetted. They don't know if Durbin's student is an assassin or an ass doctor in training. Then use the media against the dems and itself.
If ICE tries to arrest and Durbin steps in, badda bing! Interfering with an officer in the performance of his duties, etc. Ditto any media who get in the way. Calmly and professionally get the job done.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2017, 11:03:20 pm »
I'm not sure how illegals become med students.  There is so much paperwork and documentation involved in the application process that this had to have been a deliberate choice to accept an illegal to this medical school.  I would love to know how they plan to get a residency and license let alone DEA # all of which require finger prints, background checks etc....  I'm sure all the legal US residents and citizens are thrilled to find out a very coveted spot in medical school went to an illegal.
I second that, and I would like to see all school officials who deliberately accept  illegal aliens be arrested, frog-marched out of their offices, and get  good stiff prison sentence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2017, 11:08:56 pm »
One of the last things Rush Limbaugh noted today was this matter.

He too, said that ICE agents should be placed at every entrance to the Chamber.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald