Author Topic: Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech  (Read 3117 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 01:57:50 am »
To go after this med student, would be inconsistent with Trump's stated position of sympathy towards young people brought into the country.

Disrupting the Joint Session for that stunt, would bring negative results, in my view.

I want him to stay true to his stated position of going after the "really bad dudes," first.

You would advise the President to ignore an obvious case of law breaking in his presence?   In the game of "the dozens"  that is politics,  this would have the consequence of making Trump look like Durbin's B*tch. 

The one thing the Alpha must do is beat back all challenges to his authority.  Especially attempted  humiliations.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 01:58:50 am »
To go after this med student, would be inconsistent with Trump's stated position of sympathy towards young people brought into the country.

Disrupting the Joint Session for that stunt, would bring negative results, in my view.

I want him to stay true to his stated position of going after the "really bad dudes," first.

Optics shouldn't be considered when enforcing the law. Thats how dems govern.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 02:00:01 am »
So? They will bitch regardless. Trump will be painted a dictator regardless. It's time for everyone to man the hell up and stop letting fear of snowflake tantrums determine what laws are enforced.

I'm not worried about the snowflakes.   I'm worried about the mushy middle.   Elections are always decided by the mush 10% or so of people who don't pay a lot of attention to politics. 

This would get their attention,  and odds are they would see it negatively.   

I think the primary message could be sent by arresting the illegal.   

It would demonstrate once more that Trump means what he says.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 02:01:26 am »
Which is the bigger stunt...the President doing what he's Constitutionally mandated to do in Section 4, Article 4 of the U.S. Constitution...or Little Dick Durbin openly violating our laws on illegal immigrants by bringing one into the halls of Congress?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 02:02:48 am »

You would advise the President to ignore an obvious case of law breaking in his presence?   In the game of "the dozens"  that is politics,  this would have the consequence of making Trump look like Durbin's B*tch. 

The one thing the Alpha must do is beat back all challenges to his authority.  Especially attempted  humiliations.

I  think it's entertaining that people that were all gung ho get cold feet and find excuses when the law is clear and Trump has to lead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 02:05:41 am »

I'm not worried about the snowflakes.   I'm worried about the mushy middle.   Elections are always decided by the mush 10% or so of people who don't pay a lot of attention to politics. 

This would get their attention,  and odds are they would see it negatively.   

I think the primary message could be sent by arresting the illegal.   

It would demonstrate once more that Trump means what he says.

Screw them too. The law is the law and Durbin is flunting it on the biggest stage there is. Make an example of him and screw the middle. Their attention span is 5 min anyway and in 4 years they will be chasing another shiny object.

I'd settle for just the illegal, but if you want to stop Dem bullshit, use the law when the opportunity is there to arrest one of them on an open and shut violation.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 02:18:32 am »
I  think it's entertaining that people that were all gung ho get cold feet and find excuses when the law is clear and Trump has to lead.

I think that being aware of the political ramifications of your actions is a very important task.   I mention George HW Bush who raised taxes in a deal with the Democrats.   At that point in time,  nothing was more important than getting re-elected because we needed more judicial appointments.  (Not that many of Bush's appointments were all that good,  but still,  better than Clinton's would be.) 

Bush had a tin ear to the politics of his actions.   I think Trump knows exactly how to play this.   

I like the idea of arresting Durbin.  He certainly deserves it,   but what we gain would likely come at a terrible price.    I think we are better off taking the deal that will maximize the political benefits of doing it. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 02:20:33 am »
Screw them too. The law is the law and Durbin is flunting it on the biggest stage there is. Make an example of him and screw the middle. Their attention span is 5 min anyway and in 4 years they will be chasing another shiny object.

I'd settle for just the illegal, but if you want to stop Dem bullshit, use the law when the opportunity is there to arrest one of them on an open and shut violation.

I'll leave it to Trump.   He's probably got a better grasp of this political stuff than I do anyways.   I'll be happy if somebody gets arrested in this stunt.   I'll be annoyed if he lets Durbin get away with it.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 02:25:30 am »

I think that being aware of the political ramifications of your actions is a very important task.   I mention George HW Bush who raised taxes in a deal with the Democrats.   At that point in time,  nothing was more important than getting re-elected because we needed more judicial appointments.  (Not that many of Bush's appointments were all that good,  but still,  better than Clinton's would be.) 

Bush had a tin ear to the politics of his actions.   I think Trump knows exactly how to play this.   

I like the idea of arresting Durbin.  He certainly deserves it,   but what we gain would likely come at a terrible price.    I think we are better off taking the deal that will maximize the political benefits of doing it.

Analysis paralysis isn't going to change things and thats how I see a lot of what the right does. We are so scared of ramifications that we never make hard choices. We think we can somehow make everyone love us or at least not hate us intently if only we think about it a bit more and refrain from anything rash.

Thats not how the founders operated. Thats not how leaders operate. And simply following the law and applying it EQUALLY is never rash.

Again, no matter what, arresting either would cause hysterical screaming on both sides.Might as well diffuse it and set a precident by arresting both. The media then has to split their time bitching and people will call it old news in short order. If you arrest One now/one later, they can ramp up all over again at the second arrest.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 02:29:19 am »
As long as someone gets arrested,  i'll be okay with it.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 02:30:40 am »
At the very least Trump needs to announce during his SOTU address that thanks to Senator Durbin highlighting an issue with illegal immigration...that of our schools letting illegals attend college at lower tuition rates than law abiding Americans...he's cutting off federal funds to that school effective immediately and until the school decides to comply with Federal law.

Let them survive off the schools endowment fund.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 02:32:52 am »
I think Truth_seeker had a good perspective on the subject.

Arresting Durbin is the kind of red meat crap that would make the base happy, but wouldn't play with the public at large.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 02:37:29 am »

Arresting Durbin is the kind of red meat crap that would make the base happy, but wouldn't play with the public at large.

The law is red meat crap now? Maybe we need cooks and not cops on your planet.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 02:38:09 am »
At the very least Trump needs to announce during his SOTU address that thanks to Senator Durbin highlighting an issue with illegal immigration...that of our schools letting illegals attend college at lower tuition rates than law abiding Americans...he's cutting off federal funds to that school effective immediately and until the school decides to comply with Federal law.

That should be a given.

Wingnut

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 02:42:17 am »

It would be drive by the MSN.   Normal people wouldn't care.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 02:49:05 am »

It's an address to Congress.   It's not a State of the Union Address.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 02:49:42 am »
I am anxious to see if Trump says anything about this...he does have the guts to do it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rodamala

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 02:57:33 am »
Sounds like a job for the Sergeant at Arms of the Senate:

"The Sergeant at Arms of the Senate or originally known as the Doorkeeper of the Senate from the First Congress until the Eighth Congress (April 7, 1789 – March 3, 1803) is the highest ranking Federal Law Enforcement Officer in the Senate of the United States."

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 03:13:25 am »
Sounds like a job for the Sergeant at Arms of the Senate:

"The Sergeant at Arms of the Senate or originally known as the Doorkeeper of the Senate from the First Congress until the Eighth Congress (April 7, 1789 – March 3, 1803) is the highest ranking Federal Law Enforcement Officer in the Senate of the United States."
Put a ICE agent and a Secret Service guy with him at the door. Then let Durbin try to violate about 15 laws getting a potential foreign agent near the President of the United States. Film the event. Make commercials as needed explaining how the Democrats endangered the President for political points.

Remember 'Undocumented' means unvetted. They don't know if Durbin's student is an assassin or an ass doctor in training. Then use the media against the dems and itself.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 03:25:06 am »
The current Sergeant at Arms... is a Navy Seal.

No need for backup.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 03:33:36 am »
The current Sergeant at Arms... is a Navy Seal.

No need for backup.
No, for LEGAL backup, not physical. Make Dick explain on camera how he isn't violating numerous Immigration laws to ICE, then how he is not endangering the President and members of congress by bringing an unvetted illegal amongst them, to the Secret Service. Also on camera.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 03:47:23 am »
It's an address to Congress.   It's not a State of the Union Address.

Doesn't change one iota what's he should to to counteract Little Dick Durbin 's stunt

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 11:06:39 am »
Thanks Dick. Now ICE will know where to go to find this illegal....

While they are there, maybe they can arrest the person who was aiding and abetting an illegal alien? Accomplice? Gotta be something he could be busted for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 11:10:32 am »
The law is red meat crap now? Maybe we need cooks and not cops on your planet.
It sure would be nice to only have to abide by the laws I find convenient. Maybe the police can just ignore arresting people where it isn't the popular thing to do, too. The ferals on the street would love that. Dress them in a suit and give them a title, though, and the ferals get a pass.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 11:33:12 am »
The bigger question is how does an illegal anyone get granted access the house chambers with so many high level government people present? How does one check the background of someone who has obviously lied about their identity and broken the law to be there? Arrested or not they should not be granted access period.

And maybe Democrat voters should ask why these people are granted special privileges they don't enjoy as citizens. Why they come before citizens who haven't cheated and broken the law?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:34:43 am by DB »