Author Topic: WHAT JUDGE HAS NO LAWMAKING AUTHORITY?  (Read 277 times)

rangerrebew

WHAT JUDGE HAS NO LAWMAKING AUTHORITY?
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »

By Jake MacAulay
February 26, 2017
NewsWithViews.com

Following up on my column from two weeks ago where I explained the constitutionality of banning refugees that both presidents Obama and Trump initiated, I chose this week to ask the question, “What judge has no lawmaking authority?”

The answer, of course, is any federal judge in these United States of America.

I realize that many Americans have no earthly idea what the delegated powers in Article III of the United States Constitution are and I encourage you to read them.

So few powers are delegated to the Federal Judiciary that it takes less than 400 words to define them - fewer words than the column you are reading right now - while the powers of Congress and President number over 3,300!

http://www.newswithviews.com/MacAulay/jake193.htm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:50:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: WHAT JUDGE HAS NO LAWMAKING AUTHORITY?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:41:39 pm »

By Jake MacAulay
February 26, 2017
NewsWithViews.com

Following up on my column from two weeks ago where I explained the constitutionality of banning refugees that both presidents Obama and Trump initiated, I chose this week to ask the question, “What judge has no lawmaking authority?”

The answer, of course, is any federal judge in these United States of America.

I realize that many Americans have no earthly idea what the delegated powers in Article III of the United States Constitution are and I encourage you to read them.

So few powers are delegated to the Federal Judiciary that it takes less than 400 words to define them - fewer words than the column you are reading right now - while the powers of Congress and President number over 3,300!

http://www.newswithviews.com/MacAulay/jake193.htm
I thought the answer was, no judge, I thought the role of a judge was to apply written law to the case at hand and make a ruling according to laws written by legislatures or city/town councils.

geronl

Re: WHAT JUDGE HAS NO LAWMAKING AUTHORITY?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 07:55:32 pm »
I thought the answer was, no judge, I thought the role of a judge was to apply written law to the case at hand and make a ruling according to laws written by legislatures or city/town councils.

:thumbsup: