Author Topic: "Executive Order—Arrest and Imprisonment of Irresponsible Newspaper Reporters and Editors"  (Read 4429 times)

geronl

I'm curious about how many of those, there were? And your source?

Besides Japanese, we also interned also interned Germans and Italians.

We were in an all out war, started by Japan, Germany and Italy.

It's never been secret. Even Wiki mentions it, barely:
because both Korea and Taiwan were Japanese colonies at the time, were also included

----- by the way....

On December 18, 1944, the Supreme Court handed down two decisions on the legality of the incarceration under Executive Order 9066. Korematsu v. United States, a 6–3 decision upholding a Nisei's conviction for violating the military exclusion order, stated that, in general, the removal of Japanese Americans from the West Coast was constitutional. However, Ex parte Endo unanimously declared that loyal citizens of the United States, regardless of cultural descent, could not be detained without cause. In effect, the two rulings held that, while the eviction of U.S. citizens in the name of military necessity was legal, the subsequent incarceration was not—thus paving the way for their release

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline libertybele

The media doesn't hold elective office and does not work for us.

No, but they sure as heck push their liberal candidates and sway public opinion by their biased viewpoints and reporting.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No, but they sure as heck push their liberal candidates and sway public opinion by their biased viewpoints and reporting.

They haven't swayed my opinion.

I've known Trump was lowlife trash for years and my opinion hasn't changed.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
They haven't swayed my opinion.

I've known Trump was lowlife trash for years and my opinion hasn't changed.

That's why your idol palled around with him so long.

You are like Scott Walker, good man but Walker didn't know the border, you have no idea what danger it represents. Your naivete puts the country in greater peril than anything Trump does.

I'm starting to wonder if the Cruz followers actually ever agree with Cruz.

Offline TomSea

Basically, Trump does represent a long tradition, Jefferson, Lincoln and now Trump.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I had no idea that this had happened and I pride myself on knowing our history.

A question: If it got to the point that 'fake' news was endangering the country and the safety of it's people .. what would you suggest be done?

Why do I suspect that some folks would say to lock up Trump if he was responsible for fake news but the Media has a Right to their version of fake news!

In that case you have a LOT yet to learn! 

Abe Lincoln and Woodrow Wilson  are the reasons Barack Obama only rates third on the list of all time worst presidents!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

Lincoln was a great Prez. The South would have had a blood bath per demographics anywhere, screw their white supremacist society, their history of lynchings, etc.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/weblogs/jackblog/2015/jun/21/confederates-speak-yes-we-fought-the-civil-war-ove/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's never been secret. Even Wiki mentions it, barely:
----- by the way....

On December 18, 1944, the Supreme Court handed down two decisions on the legality of the incarceration under Executive Order 9066. Korematsu v. United States, a 6–3 decision upholding a Nisei's conviction for violating the military exclusion order, stated that, in general, the removal of Japanese Americans from the West Coast was constitutional. However, Ex parte Endo unanimously declared that loyal citizens of the United States, regardless of cultural descent, could not be detained without cause. In effect, the two rulings held that, while the eviction of U.S. citizens in the name of military necessity was legal, the subsequent incarceration was not—thus paving the way for their release

I asked how many Koreans and Taiwanese got caught up in internment?

I know some things about internment. It was believed at the time, to be justified in lieu of the surprise Pearl Harbor attack, vulnerability on the Pacific Coast.

My mother grew up in Los Angeles County, and they had blackouts, fearing sneak attacks by the Japanese. They harbors had nets, to block submarines from entering. 

The Japanese shelled an oilfield north of Santa Barbara, named Elwood. The was a shelling in Oregon, and balloons lofted towards North America with bombs.

Finally there WERE a few subversives, and equally important, Americans were HIGHLY pissed over Pearl Harbor and internment was stated partly to PROTECT the Japanese origin folks. And military age guys were given the chance to serve in uniform, and sere bravely they did.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goodwithagun

Breaking news: The news about the fake news is, itself, fake news.  22222frying pan
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Norm Lenhart

When one of these  media outlets ends up causing a war or getting a president assassinated with their outright lying, perhaps then people will understand that arresting a reporter is no different than arresting a murderer or his accomplice.

Cronkite is responsible for the deaths of many servicemen in Nam. The modern media is responsible for the deaths of many modern servicemen and innocents via their assistance in forwarding liberalism and outright trading access for positive coverage with people like Saddam Hussien. The media has caused the loss of livelihoods, land and more in the effort to make the lie of global warming a reality. They have cost trillions of dollars in economic damage through their fraud as a result.

So why SHOULDN'T they be jailed?