Author Topic: Trump is Smoking out Fake Conservatives  (Read 1003 times)

Offline endicom

Trump is Smoking out Fake Conservatives
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:04:35 pm »
American Thinker
Brian C. Joondeph
Feb. 27, 2017

Donald Trump is one month into his presidency.  For his supporters, every day is Christmas.  Cabinet picks under the Christmas tree.  Executive orders in the stockings hung by the chimney with care on Nov. 8. Smiles on the faces of most Republicans.  Democrats gnashing their teeth and pulling out their hair.

Are all Republicans happy?  Surprisingly no.  I say surprisingly because for most Republicans, the current legislative landscape is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  The GOP controls the White House and both houses of Congress.  As well as most state governorships and legislatures.  Not to mention numerous county and local offices.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/02/trump_is_smoking_out_fake_conservatives.html

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

geronl

Re: Trump is Smoking out Fake Conservatives
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:20:28 pm »
Trump is the fake conservative

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:23:11 pm »

Another one smoked out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 02:43:43 pm »

Truer words were ne'er spoken, @geronl .

Another headline from the Twilight Zone.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

Well, you see, son, there's the talk and there's the walk.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 02:47:24 pm »

Most trump supporters are fakes. You seldom hear them speak of conservatism and things like the separation of powers, federalism or truly diminishing the power of government AND individuals like Trump. Instead we get the hate of the day used as an excuse to further crush real constitutional/federalist/conservatism.

To make matters worse, they're false Christians. They sat quietly and accepted the spectacular lies of Trump all through the campaign and in many cases repeated them themselves knowing full well that they were lying. Even today Trump lies as easily as breathing and they'll silently approve. People who behave this way clearly don't believe in any kind of final judgement.

or maybe they just think they've found a new God.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:47:33 pm »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 03:05:02 pm »
Most trump supporters are fakes. You seldom hear them speak of conservatism and things like the separation of powers, federalism or truly diminishing the power of government AND individuals like Trump. Instead we get the hate of the day used as an excuse to further crush real constitutional/federalist/conservatism.

To make matters worse, they're false Christians. They sat quietly and accepted the spectacular lies of Trump all through the campaign and in many cases repeated them themselves knowing full well that they were lying. Even today Trump lies as easily as breathing and they'll silently approve. People who behave this way clearly don't believe in any kind of final judgement.

What I've discovered is that they want their own version of obama. They don't care if things get done Constitutionally as long as they like the decisions and the results. I include my own dear dad in that group. A conservative all his life and then got sucked in by the cult, after condemning obama worshipper a for their cultish behavior.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »
I think President Trump needs to be given credit.  He defeated Hillary, he's nominated for the most part conservatives to his cabinet, he's cracking down on illegal immigration, he's taking bids on building the wall, he's trying to ban migrants into this country from areas of known terrorism, increasing our military, and above all he nominated a conservative to the SCOTUS.  Like him or not, he's a heck of a lot more conservative than the RINO's we've got in office such as; McCain, Graham, McConnell, Murkowski, Kasich, Ryan, McCarthy, Curbelo, Toomey, Corker, Flake, etc., etc. 

We have a House and Senate full of RINO's, MSM full of fake news and DEMS trying to take this President down ... I'll stand with President Trump and his stance on illegal immigration, conservative cabinet picks, conservative SCOTUS nomination, etc.

IMHO, you don't have to like the guy, but he's better than the RINO's in Congress ... what would things be like if one of them were in control?? Or worse yet, Hillary??
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:11:36 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »
He gets credit for most of those by most. I certainly do, except for the cabinet picks. He's getting no credit for them until I see he's actually listening to them and they're not just window dressing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 04:58:39 pm »
lol

It's fascinating how people who actually believe in Conservative principles are being mocked by people who voted for a liberal candidate and are pretending he is what he's not.

Projection at its finest.......   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 05:27:20 pm »
Why is it that when I read threads like this I'm reminded of this scene:

Let it burn.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 05:50:09 pm »
What I've discovered is that they want their own version of obama. They don't care if things get done Constitutionally as long as they like the decisions and the results. I include my own dear dad in that group. A conservative all his life and then got sucked in by the cult, after condemning obama worshipper a for their cultish behavior.

^^^^^^^THIS!

As we feared would be the case, the Alt-Right Trump Cult would rebrand, redefine and usurp what the term and meaning of 'Conservative' from the once understood Reagan, Buckley, Goldwater brand, and pervert it into everything Trump.

So 'smoking out fake conservatives' is 'smoking out' anyone who is not a devoted supporter of Trump.  It doesn't matter if they are Establishment liberals, or Constitutional, Limited Government Originalists - anyone not genuflecting Trump will be branded a 'fake Conservative' from now on.

For now it's a shaming purge.

Later, it may become a different kind of purge to those left within their party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline rodamala

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 05:52:22 pm »

...and there is no need to smoke him out... Trump is a Flaming "Fake" Conservative.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 05:56:21 pm »
^^^^^^^THIS!

As we feared would be the case, the Alt-Right Trump Cult would rebrand, redefine and usurp what the term and meaning of 'Conservative' from the once understood Reagan, Buckley, Goldwater brand, and pervert it into everything Trump.

So 'smoking out fake conservatives' is 'smoking out' anyone who is not a devoted supporter of Trump.  It doesn't matter if they are Establishment liberals, or Constitutional, Limited Government Originalists - anyone not genuflecting Trump will be branded a 'fake Conservative' from now on.

For now it's a shaming purge.

Later, it may become a different kind of purge to those left within their party.

:thumbsup:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:16 pm »

Trump is more RINO than anyone in Congress.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 06:05:27 pm »

Quote from: Cripplecreek

Damn... just damn.

I'd hit it... but you already have... twice!

Totally QFT right there.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:06:23 pm by rodamala »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 06:09:48 pm »
The ussc could survive with only one party supporting it but when neither parti s care about it or support it I don't really see how it survives.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 07:28:09 pm »
...and there is no need to smoke him out... Trump is a Flaming "Fake" Conservative.

Which makes the perfect one to out his fellow fakes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 07:37:57 pm »

Oh, that would never happen.... (cough TOS cough)