Author Topic: Israel: Why I interrupted a pro-army LGBTQ event in Tel Aviv  (Read 496 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israel: Why I interrupted a pro-army LGBTQ event in Tel Aviv
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:45:02 am »
Why I interrupted a pro-army LGBTQ event in Tel Aviv

Our community’s struggle is one for human and women’s rights. It is a struggle for liberation and justice. Those who support the oppression of another people are disparaging 100 years of struggle by women and LGBTQs.

By Alma Biblash

This past week saw the launch of a new project that calls to integrate women and LGBTQ Israeli into combat units in the IDF. A group of queer activists, myself included, decided to pay a visit to the launch party in order to protest against the use of our community and its resources to promote the oppression of others.

The event was organized on by “Blue-White Pride,” a movement of LGBTQ Israelis who serve in the security forces, as part of a new campaign to “double the number of women combat soldiers and soldiers who are out of the closet in the IDF, in order to maintain the IDF as a pluralistic and liberal army, that acts as a melting pot for the entire society.” The organization is planning on establishing an army prep group for queer teenagers.

Our community’s struggle is one for human and women’s rights. It is a struggle for liberation and justice. Those who, in the name of this struggle, support the systematic and cruel oppression of another people — which includes hundreds of thousands of LGBTQ Palestinians — disparages a century’s worth of struggle by women and LGBTQs, who paid with their bodies and their souls.

Watch: Q---- activists disrupt pro-IDF conference in Tel Aviv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u5oo4J7Rs

Continued: https://972mag.com/why-i-interrupted-a-pro-army-lgbtq-event-in-tel-aviv/125459/

Offline endicom

Re: Israel: Why I interrupted a pro-army LGBTQ event in Tel Aviv
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:09:19 am »
...hundreds of thousands of LGBTQ Palestinians...

There's a picture for you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 03:27:56 am »
For example, Alma Biblash, the Executive Director of the Human Rights Defenders Fund (HRDF) an organization to which the NIF authorized grants worth $332,625 from 2011-2013, has called Israel “racist,” and “murderous,” and described the country as a “temporary Jewish apartheid state.” Ms. Biblash supports Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaigns and promotes the Palestinian ‘right of return,’ meaning the elimination of Israel as the nation state of the Jewish people.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/246234/why-michael-bloomberg-funding-bds-and-attacks-daniel-greenfield

The author of this piece is Alma Biblash described above. It's still interesting to read that 973 website and see what's going on there. Whom would have thought the IDF was rolling out the "Blue and White" pride folks.  I'll review them before I post but it's still helpful to see what the left says sometimes to know what they are up to. She must be an Arab Palestinian. That doesn't sound like a Jewish name per my limited knowledge.

Maybe she is Jewish: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_(name)  Israeli left is something to keep tabs on, it seems hard to see how they can think the way they do. But some were up with the Bolsheviks too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:29:26 am by TomSea »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 03:34:55 am »
The author of this piece is Alma Biblash described above. It's still interesting to read that 973 website and see what's going on there. Whom would have thought the IDF was rolling out the "Blue and White" pride folks.  I'll review them before I post but it's still helpful to see what the left says sometimes to know what they are up to. She must be an Arab Palestinian. That doesn't sound like a Jewish name per my limited knowledge.

Maybe she is Jewish: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_(name)  Israeli left is something to keep tabs on, it seems hard to see how they can think the way they do. But some were up with the Bolsheviks too.

The Israeli left is the American left is the European left is the Islamics. Same people, same ideology.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 04:22:51 am »
Bookmark. I'm going to have to research a little.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.