Author Topic: SHOCKER: Dems and Media are STUNNED at Results of CPAC STRAW POLL…  (Read 3847 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: SHOCKER: Dems and Media are STUNNED at Results of CPAC STRAW POLL…
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 08:00:27 pm »
Line 61 for the ACA is going to be replaced with Line 61 of the Trump Single Payer Healthcare Act of 2018.

He wants to do what Obama couldn't...and folks like you will cheer him for it.

I think that is a prophecy we will see fulfilled for certain.

The latter part is already documented among the Trump faithful.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2017, 08:56:00 pm »
Likely fake news.

Why do the Dems care what happens at a conservative poll?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 08:57:27 pm »
Likely fake news.

They don't. The headline was clickbait and the poll a completely predictable result.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 11:24:36 pm »
Likely fake news.

What part of the story is fake?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 11:30:28 pm »
Where is your proof of that statement?

Most incomplete cabinet of any president on inauguration day in recent memory.

ACU Chairman Matt Schlapp tells the Washington Examiner the Trump Cabinet has a 91.52 conservative rating, which exceeds Reagan's Cabinet rating of 63.43.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ACU-Trump-Cabinet-Conservative/2017/02/09/id/772752/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2017, 11:32:51 pm »
ACU Chairman Matt Schlapp tells the Washington Examiner the Trump Cabinet has a 91.52 conservative rating, which exceeds Reagan's Cabinet rating of 63.43.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ACU-Trump-Cabinet-Conservative/2017/02/09/id/772752/

Finally someone with the ability to answer a question.

Thanks Frank.

I'll be curious to see if that number holds once the entire cabinet is in place. And once they start implementing policy.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline bilo

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 11:44:31 pm »

I love it!

I have a lot of concerns about whether the Pubs and POTUS will fulfill their promise of repealing obamacare. However, we are only a month into Pres. Trump's first term. I think we will know more by the 6 month mark. So far I've liked what I've seen. The Cabinet is made up of strong successful people and not the typical lawyers, academics, and career politicians. Pres. Trump has started to eliminate a lot of the EO's that obama put in place and I love the idea of establishing regulatory review offices in agencies.

We are hearing a lot of news in the media and even from inside the Pub party that can be depressing and I suspect this is because Pres. Trump is actually making some headway in changing things.

It seems to me that two issues have to be accomplished or the Pubs and Pres. Trump will suffer terribly in 2018. One, they have to repeal obamacare. They can't just work around the edges. It has to go! Second, they have to get immigration under control. The wall has to be built. The visa system has to be overhauled and there have to be stronger penalties for violations. Also, sanctuary cities have to be eliminated and criminal aliens have to be deported as soon as they are released from jail, or prison. If the Pubs don't follow through on these two issues they will probably lose their majorities by 2020 and we will end up with an even more radical govt than we had obama's first 2 years.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 11:47:51 pm »
I love it!

I have a lot of concerns about whether the Pubs and POTUS will fulfill their promise of repealing obamacare. However, we are only a month into Pres. Trump's first term. I think we will know more by the 6 month mark. So far I've liked what I've seen. The Cabinet is made up of strong successful people and not the typical lawyers, academics, and career politicians. Pres. Trump has started to eliminate a lot of the EO's that obama put in place and I love the idea of establishing regulatory review offices in agencies.

We are hearing a lot of news in the media and even from inside the Pub party that can be depressing and I suspect this is because Pres. Trump is actually making some headway in changing things.

It seems to me that two issues have to be accomplished or the Pubs and Pres. Trump will suffer terribly in 2018. One, they have to repeal obamacare. They can't just work around the edges. It has to go! Second, they have to get immigration under control. The wall has to be built. The visa system has to be overhauled and there have to be stronger penalties for violations. Also, sanctuary cities have to be eliminated and criminal aliens have to be deported as soon as they are released from jail, or prison. If the Pubs don't follow through on these two issues they will probably lose their majorities by 2020 and we will end up with an even more radical govt than we had obama's first 2 years.

He's got to completely fill that cabinet first

Right now Twitter and bashing the media seem to be the most important issues to him right now.

Offline bilo

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 03:09:23 am »
He's got to completely fill that cabinet first

Right now Twitter and bashing the media seem to be the most important issues to him right now.

You're right the cabinet positions need to be filled and the sub-cabinet positions as well. Having your people in the executive positions will help with implementation of policy. However, the legislative part of the process has to come from Congress. It's here that I'm more concerned. There is no reason that obamacare couldn't have been repealed on day one. They keep dragging their feet and we are getting a lot of mixed messages. We will see what happens, but I know from my perspective that if this promise is not fulfilled I'm one donor and voter they've lost.

I have no problem with the POTUS tweeting. The media is so biased how else can he reach people on a daily basis.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 05:08:02 am »
Thing is Emjay, I remember us both supporting Cruz.   I just want to  see Cruz lead Congress to help Trump out.

Cruz is doing just that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 12:56:27 pm »
That they care for a conservative poll.

Do you even read a post?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 01:48:19 pm »
That they care for a conservative poll.

Do you even read a post?

That doesn't make a story fake.  Any first year journalism student knows that.  You need to stop the knee jerk with the "FAKE NEWS!" meme.

And I'd be willing to bet that that the Libs ARE shocked that Trump had that much support in a meaningless straw poll.

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 01:51:45 pm »
That doesn't make a story fake.  Any first year journalism student knows that.  You need to stop the knee jerk with the "FAKE NEWS!" meme.

And I'd be willing to bet that that the Libs ARE shocked that Trump had that much support in a meaningless straw poll.
And you obviously did not read my post.  It did not say your meme "FAKE NEWS!".

It said "Likely fake news".

And I explained why, because the libs do not care about conservative polls.

You are not quite awake today.

geronl

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2017, 01:53:28 pm »

nobody is stunned by the poll, this poll has always been whacked

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2017, 02:08:49 pm »
And you obviously did not read my post.  It did not say your meme "FAKE NEWS!".

It said "Likely fake news".

And I explained why, because the libs do not care about conservative polls.

You are not quite awake today.

I read your post...asked you what was fake about it.

You couldn't come up with anything other than a completely wrong opinion that doesn't even remotely make it "likely fake".

You should stick to subjects you know something about.

The media isn't one of them apparently.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 02:14:50 pm »
Bringing up Obama or Hillary is a cop-out.

Not on planet Earth, on planet Earth everyone knew the next President of the United States was going to be either Hillary or Trump. That was the choice, Hillary or Trump. Only in some LSD induced fancy land was anyone other than Hillary or Trump going to be President.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »
Ted is hated in the Senate, he's hated by the Washington cartel and he's hated by the liberal media.  He's already stuck his neck out for Trump and he continues to support Trump.  I don't see anyone else in Washington coming forward with their support.  I'm not quite sure what more you expect that Cruz can do.  IMHO Trump made a huge mistake by not naming Cruz as his VP.

Rand Paul, another good conservative, has been supportive of Trump too. Cruz and Paul and that's about it as far as I can tell.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2017, 02:23:01 pm »
Uh...no.   That's not true.  Not true at all.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I feel that I must speak up when I see or hear BS.  Most of the decisions and things he has done so far, one month in to his presidency, have been met with approval from most folks on the right (excluding #nevereverevertrumpers, of course).

The problem I see with some nevertrumpers is.... literally NOTHING he can ever do or say will ever meet with their approval.   Theirs is not a fair stance.  It's not reasonable.  And it's not rational.

If Trump does something that I see as good for America as a free nation and as a positive step toward America's recovery from the Obamanation, I will support it.... and even defend it if I'm forced to.
Hold it. You mention nevereverevertrumpers, then smear nevertrumpers with that, Please quit the nonsense. Many of us who did not want Trump (either) will freely admit when he gets things right. After all, if you will recall, the reason we had that stance is that we did not believe Trump was conservative nor did we believe he would follow through on his promises that we agreed with.
When he does, even we see that as a 'win', provided it is done in such a way that the next jackass with a pen and phone can't turn that on its head overnight.

But when the things he does are ineffectual, it's time to quit gigging the media (as much as they deserve it), quit playing reality Teevee, and get down to brass tacks. I don't care what his ratings are as long as he accomplishes the things we Conservatives wanted. That simple. The eternal pi$$ing contest with the media might feel like a 'win', but it isn't accomplishing much. In the meantime, the Democrats and their fellow travelers are getting their opposition on track and pushing every form of resistance they can up to (and perhaps crossing the line to) sedition, and Republicans are still giddy at the show.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2017, 02:25:38 pm »
I read your post...asked you what was fake about it.

You couldn't come up with anything other than a completely wrong opinion that doesn't even remotely make it "likely fake".

You should stick to subjects you know something about.

The media isn't one of them apparently.
I said it is likely fake news as a lib would NEVER believe a conservative poll.

Can you get that through your head?

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2017, 02:37:20 pm »
Then he needs to log off twitter and quit using Alinsky tactics on the media and go talk to them like an adult.
Why?  To get his message filtered the way they like it?

The media hates him as he does not use them to convey news.

Wake up.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2017, 02:42:10 pm »
I said it is likely fake news as a lib would NEVER believe a conservative poll.

Can you get that through your head?

Can you get it through your head that doesn't even rise to the level of speculating that it's fake news?

You completely de-legitimize the term by branding everything YOU don't like as fake or possibly fake.

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2017, 03:00:11 pm »
Can you get it through your head that doesn't even rise to the level of speculating that it's fake news?

You completely de-legitimize the term by branding everything YOU don't like as fake or possibly fake.
Go ahead and slowly reread the article and let me know where in it you read that the Dems "Are STUNNED at Results of CPAC STRAW POLL…".

You will not find it.

The likely fake news, like I told you now 4 times, is that the headline is fake.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2017, 03:19:01 pm »
Why?  To get his message filtered the way they like it?

Because he needs to get his message out to more than the drones that follow him on twitter.

The media hates him as he does not use them to convey news.

And this is different from any Republican President in the last almost 50 years how exactly?

His shoddy treatment of the media is going to come back and bit him and his Administration in the @ss.

This childish attitude towards them is below the office he now holds.

Wake up.

Pull your head out.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2017, 03:21:13 pm »
Go ahead and slowly reread the article and let me know where in it you read that the Dems "Are STUNNED at Results of CPAC STRAW POLL…".

You will not find it.

And when articles are posted here that have in the title "FAKE NEWS!"...yet there is nothing factually wrong wtih the story I don't see you whinging about that.

The likely fake news, like I told you now 4 times, is that the headline is fake.

And yet you have no evidence to back that up.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

HOW DO YOU KNOW???

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2017, 03:21:59 pm »
That doesn't make a story fake.  Any first year journalism student knows that.
With due respect, yes, putting a false statement in the story's headline DOES make it fake. And if journalism school teaches otherwise, they're the problem with the media.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024