Author Topic: Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress In Virginia Is A Fake  (Read 959 times)

rangerrebew

Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress In Virginia Is A Fake
Photo of Chuck Ross
Chuck Ross
Reporter
10:46 AM 02/25/2017

A black waitress who received thousands of dollars in donations after she claimed she received a racist note and no tip from a patron last month fabricated the incident, the customer claims.

Kelly Carter, a waitress at Anita’s New Mexico Cafe in Ashburn, Va., claimed that a white man stiffed her on his $30.52 restaurant bill and wrote “Great service, don’t tip black people” at the bottom of his receipt.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/25/lawyer-racist-note-given-to-black-waitress-in-virginia-is-a-fake/#ixzz4Zn31x1MC

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress In Virginia Is A Fake
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 02:04:51 pm »
Between the health dangers of illegal aliens or unvetted 'refuges' in the kitchen, having someones bodily products mixed in with your food and the threat of racist charges/lawsuits, it isn't worth taking the chance on eating out these days regardless of what color you are.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:12:12 pm »
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/01/10/black-waitress-finds-racist-note-on-receipt-great-service-dont-tip-black-people/

AP ran with this  on Jan 10. Let me look for the retraction.

Quick search

Your search - Anita’s New Mexico Cafe in Ashburn, Va. AP retraction - did not match any news results.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:13:41 pm by don-o »

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 02:12:34 pm »
Between the health dangers of illegal aliens or unvetted 'refuges' in the kitchen, having someones bodily products mixed in with your food and the threat of racist charges/lawsuits, it isn't worth taking the chance on eating out these days regardless of what color you are.

This is why I only eat at a Waffle House.  That way you can be sure the only thing Scattered, Smothered, and Covered are your hashbrowns!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:31:27 pm »
This is why I only eat at a Waffle House.  That way you can be sure the only thing Scattered, Smothered, and Covered are your hashbrowns!
yeah, but don't all the chairs and bullets flying around sort of bother you when you're trying to eat?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:33:05 pm »
Quelle surprise. /s

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 09:37:28 pm »
I believe I called this a fraud when this was originally posted.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 09:38:43 pm »
yeah, but don't all the chairs and bullets flying around sort of bother you when you're trying to eat?

Normally way too busy to mess with peoples food where I work. The servers weren't very happy on Valentine's Day, it was super-busy and a special day for a lot of patrons but for some reason the tips (they work for tips) were paltry. Maybe because it was a Tuesday??

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 10:15:05 pm »
Normally way too busy to mess with peoples food where I work. The servers weren't very happy on Valentine's Day, it was super-busy and a special day for a lot of patrons but for some reason the tips (they work for tips) were paltry. Maybe because it was a Tuesday??

The last thing people are going to do on Valentine's day is share the love.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 10:17:17 pm »
The last thing people are going to do on Valentine's day is share the love.

:silly: