Author Topic: CPAC 2017: Making Peace With Trump, Taking Aim at Congress  (Read 410 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

CPAC 2017: Making Peace With Trump, Taking Aim at Congress
« on: February 27, 2017, 12:24:58 pm »
CPAC 2017: Making Peace With Trump, Taking Aim at Congress
Townhall, Feb 27, 2017, Kurt Schlichter

After all, there is a tiresome strain of conservatism that loathes the thought of victory and revels in the delicious ecstasy of submission to the liberal master caste. Those guys weren’t here. John McCain and Lindsey Graham didn’t show up, and most of the diehard Never Trumpers didn’t bother coming either. But then, what could they say? “Gorsuch. Mattis. Pruitt. See, I told you Trump was terrible!”

Very few senators and congressjerks showed up either, probably because they didn’t want to be mocked. We all know the current crop of doofy leftist clowns being bussed into town halls are paid shills hoping the GOP legislators are stupid and cowardly enough to be intimidated. And that bet is kind of like doubling down on an ace when the dealer has a six showing. The astroturf goofs are one thing; showing up here, they know they’d be raked over the coals for what is becoming increasingly clear is their burning   desire to not do what they promised yet again.

Even McMullin didn’t show up, at least I don’t think he did. I assume I would have heard one of the many awkwardly-dressed college students saying something to the effect of “Hey, isn’t that the guy my dad listens to? I think his name was Moby.” There was no George Will, no Bill Kristol. The old guard knew it wasn’t welcome – to the extent it was even remembered – .../

This is no longer their conservative movement, and the rejection stings. From here on, they’ll be on the sidelines whining because Trump is so uncouth, while he turns the Supreme Court red, rebuilds our military, and motivates Congress to get off its collective Boehner.       

Conservatives are sick of excuses, and sick of movement timeservers whose primary goal isn’t upending the establishment but securing their comfortable place in it.

More: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/02/27/cpac-2017-making-peace-with-trump-taking-aim-at-congress-n2290618

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: CPAC 2017: Making Peace With Trump, Taking Aim at Congress
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:26:40 pm »
This is no longer their conservative movement, and the rejection stings. From here on, they’ll be on the sidelines whining because Trump is so uncouth, while he turns the Supreme Court red, rebuilds our military, and motivates Congress to get off its collective Boehner.       

:thumbsup3: