Author Topic: The Adventures of Florida Man: a running thread  (Read 112982 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: The Adventures of Florida Man: a running thread
« Reply #775 on: March 22, 2023, 11:05:04 pm »
Was that wrong?
Florida Man Arrested After Allegedly Slapping A Woman With A Slice Of Pizza
by Sean Joseph
March 22, 2023, 2:04 pm   

A Florida man was arrested last week after he allegedly slapped a woman in the face with a slice of pizza. The man slapped the woman during an argument that started after she spanked a child.

Officers from the Marion County Sheriff’s Office showed up to the home of 39-year-old Ortelio Lazaro Alfonso on Friday after receiving a 911 hang-up call. When they arrived a woman told them an argument had taken place after she disciplined a child in the home by striking his “bottom area.”

The spanking didn’t sit well with Alfonso. The argument escalated to the point that he allegedly slapped the woman in the face with a slice of pizza. Everyone knows you combat spankings with pizza slaps.

Police found pizza sauce on the woman’s shirt, as well as on her collar and on the back of her shirt. In addition to the sauce, “remnants of pizza” were reportedly found in the woman’s hair and around her ear. Deputies also found pizza sauce on the walls and the ceiling in the kitchen. ...
Outkick
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #776 on: March 22, 2023, 11:08:12 pm »
Was that wrong?Outkick

Ney York or Detroit style pizza?  Since it was FL prolly Little Caesar's.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #777 on: March 22, 2023, 11:10:42 pm »
That Detroit style pizza probably could hurt a person.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #778 on: April 13, 2023, 02:21:02 pm »
Florida Man seems to be behaving himself as of late.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #779 on: April 13, 2023, 05:31:33 pm »
Florida Man seems to be behaving himself as of late.

He moved back to California.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #780 on: April 13, 2023, 07:20:01 pm »
Naah, Florida Man is alive and well.
Florida man arrested after wife hit with flying chicken wings
Steve Owen , Assistant News Director
Published: April 11, 2023 at 10:19 AM
Updated: April 11, 2023 at 2:38 PM

WILDWOOD, Fla. – A Florida man has been arrested after police say he threw chicken wings at his wife during an argument.

Police said they responded to a disturbance call at a home in Wildwood on Sunday night. ... According to the suspect’s arrest report, the victim told police that, “the defendant and her had been arguing over the defendant having a ‘lover’”.

The victim said, “the defendant threw the wings at her, with some hitting her on her shoulder and under her chin,” the report stated.

Officers at the scene said they saw chicken wing sauce on the victim’s chin, neck and shoulder....
https://www.local10.com/news/florida/2023/04/11/florida-man-arrested-after-wife-hit-with-flying-chicken-wings/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #781 on: April 13, 2023, 07:21:39 pm »
Shirtless Florida man found climbing tree ‘like Tarzan’ after police chase
by: Rachel Tucker   
Posted: Apr 13, 2023 / 10:42 AM EDT   
Updated: Apr 13, 2023 / 12:05 PM EDT   

PORT ORANGE, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida man was found hiding in a tree on Tuesday, two hours after allegedly fleeing Port Orange police.

Jonathan Kiser, 33, was accused of speeding away from police during an attempted traffic stop, according to a Facebook post from the Port Orange Police Department.

Police used stop sticks to damage the Nissan Maxima’s tires. A Volusia County Sheriff’s Office aerial unit found the vehicle in a backyard, where Kiser and his passenger, Kaitlyn McCartney, 31 abandoned it. McCartney was arrested nearby, according to Port Orange police. She was charged with resisting without violence, possession of paraphernalia, and a probation violation. ...

Body camera video showed officers telling Kiser to come down from the tree and warning him not to run away, or they would send the K-9 Drako after him. Kiser moved down toward the end of the branch, appearing to “run away in the tree,” as one officer described it over his radio.

“He’s literally in a tree right now, trying to climb it like Tarzan,” an officer said shortly before Kiser was caught on camera failing to swing from one branch to the other. ...
https://www.wfla.com/news/shirtless-florida-man-found-climbing-tree-like-tarzan-after-police-chase/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #782 on: April 13, 2023, 07:26:31 pm »
See? a small ray of 'normalcy' breaks through the gloom...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #783 on: April 13, 2023, 07:36:53 pm »
Here is a good one that happened near me today>

Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office

·
BOAT ADVISORY!

The OCSO and the Coast Guard are aware of a thirty foot sailboat stuck up against the Destin Bridge, so please refrain from calling
9-1-1 in regards to the situation, which is being handled by Florida Fish and Wildlife.

Thanks in advance!

Now the back story.  The Sail boat broke free from its mooring and got stuck when the mast hit the bridge.  If you look close there is a BIDEN flag at the to of the mast.  It seems an enterprising passer by stopped on the bridge and attached the flag.   :beer:  The boat sank under the weight of the biden flag.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #784 on: April 13, 2023, 07:39:11 pm »
Pity, it looked like a nice boat (except for the flag).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #786 on: April 19, 2023, 12:56:21 am »
ONLY IN FLORIDA: Man spotted riding jet ski motorcycle in Cape Coral

CAPE CORAL, Fla. – It’s a spectacle among those like the Florida panther and invasive Burmese pythons that you’ll only find in the country’s southernmost state: Florida Man. 

It’s a certain title that has become known all around the globe. Florida Man is so well known, there’s even a TV show dedicated to the careful craft.

Over the weekend, a Florida man was spotted out in Cape Coral doing what he does best: capturing people’s attention.

A man traveling through the city noticed a motorcycle like he’s never seen before.

It has wheels and a handlebar, but the body of the bike was that of a jet ski. .............

https://abc-7.com/news/entertainment/2023/04/18/only-in-florida-man-spotted-riding-jet-ski-motorcycle-in-cape-coral/amp/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #787 on: April 19, 2023, 01:04:08 am »
Doesn't look like jet skis require registration to operate on FL roads.  :whistle:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #788 on: April 19, 2023, 01:16:42 am »

CAPE CORAL, Fla. – It’s a spectacle among those like the Florida panther and invasive Burmese pythons that you’ll only find in the country’s southernmost state: Florida Man. 

It’s a certain title that has become known all around the globe. Florida Man is so well known, there’s even a TV show dedicated to the careful craft.

Over the weekend, a Florida man was spotted out in Cape Coral doing what he does best: capturing people’s attention.

A man traveling through the city noticed a motorcycle like he’s never seen before.

It has wheels and a handlebar, but the body of the bike was that of a jet ski. .............

https://abc-7.com/news/entertainment/2023/04/18/only-in-florida-man-spotted-riding-jet-ski-motorcycle-in-cape-coral/amp/
But is it really Florida Man material if someone puts a jet ski body on a motorcycle? Where's the injury, drunkenness, you know the STUPID! Seems like Florida Man needs to get it in gear, they're getting as boring as Blythe, CA.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #789 on: April 19, 2023, 01:24:24 am »
But is it really Florida Man material if someone puts a jet ski body on a motorcycle? Where's the injury, drunkenness, you know the STUPID! Seems like Florida Man needs to get it in gear, they're getting as boring as Blythe, CA.

Well, his hat's on backwards, and he's driving a jet ski down the road... I think that qualifies as 'fixin to'.  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #790 on: April 19, 2023, 01:38:11 am »
Well, his hat's on backwards, and he's driving a jet ski down the road... I think that qualifies as 'fixin to'.  :laugh:
Only if he has a cooler on that thing...or a pint in his pocket.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #791 on: April 19, 2023, 01:43:34 am »

@libertybele

You had me going for a minute,there.

I was looking at the photo and asking myself,how the HELL did he get a jet ski to drive on a highway,and then I noticed the rear tire.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #792 on: April 19, 2023, 01:48:36 am »
@libertybele

You had me going for a minute,there.

I was looking at the photo and asking myself,how the HELL did he get a jet ski to drive on a highway,and then I noticed the rear tire.
Many years ago, some guy from Texas had taken a drag boat (racing drag, not a canoe in disguise) and made a tag-axled 5 wheel 'trike' (because it was unstable with only three wheels) out of it. He was driving it down Main Street in Sturgis when I saw it.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #793 on: April 19, 2023, 01:57:01 am »

@libertybele

This post on this thread is one of many reasons we wanted you back so badly on TBR. :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #794 on: April 19, 2023, 01:14:07 pm »
@libertybele

This post on this thread is one of many reasons we wanted you back so badly on TBR. :beer:

Hey, I'm back!!!   :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #795 on: April 20, 2023, 12:48:31 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #796 on: April 20, 2023, 12:49:10 am »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #797 on: April 21, 2023, 05:25:27 pm »
I wonder if any of the geniuses in tv or the movies have thought about creating a tv series or movie about "Florida Man...... And His Escapades"? Of course, there would have to be a Florida Woman for a love interest angle.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #798 on: May 13, 2023, 10:15:56 pm »
He is a good guy deep down
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #799 on: May 13, 2023, 10:46:56 pm »
He is a good guy deep down

He'll never get over it, to the day he dies.
I will NOT comply.