Author Topic: The Adventures of Florida Man: a running thread  (Read 113486 times)

Offline verga

Re: The Adventures of Florida Man: a running thread
« Reply #725 on: June 11, 2022, 03:35:08 pm »
Daily Mail
A Florida woman standing trial for allegedly murdering her husband is accused of going through Tinder while he bled to death on the floor.

Somebody help me out here. Is scrolling through tinder going to be considered a separate crime? If she is convicted will the sentences be concurrent or consecutive?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #726 on: June 11, 2022, 07:08:03 pm »
A Florida woman standing trial for allegedly murdering her husband is accused of going through Tinder while he bled to death on the floor.

Somebody help me out here. Is scrolling through tinder going to be considered a separate crime? If she is convicted will the sentences be concurrent or consecutive?
Go back through her history. Maybe there are other victims...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #727 on: June 12, 2022, 12:47:54 am »
Go back through her history. Maybe there are other victims...
No it's crazier than that, the victim met her while he was dating her mother, and after her mother died they grew close and married. Interesting stuff in the article.

A friend told an arrest affidavit for Danielle that Michael and his wife briefly lived in separate homes but he moved back in just a month before the stabbing.

Michael supposedly joked to the friend that Danielle 'is crazy but as long as I hide the steak knives everything will be fine.'

Online corbe

« Reply #728 on: June 12, 2022, 04:21:39 pm »
    I can relate.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #729 on: June 26, 2022, 05:58:43 pm »
Cat is like "but why?!"
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #730 on: July 01, 2022, 10:55:19 am »
Florida man says ‘spirits’ told him to set boss’s future home on fire

By Patrick Reilly
July 1, 2022

A Florida man was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly he was caught on camera setting his boss’s future home on fire because “spirits” told him to.

Thanh Ha, 54, was caught on multiple surveillance cameras approaching a home under construction in St. Petersburg on his bicycle just before noon on May 3. He locked the bike to a stop sign before entering the home, trying to cover his face with his clothing, according to arrest documents obtained by WFLA.

About five minutes later, Ha was taped running outside of the home, unlocking the bike and speeding away.

Prospective buyers of the home identified Ha as one of their employees, according to documents.

Police said that Ha admitted to starting the fire not because he was upset with his employer, but “because ‘spirits’ told him to,” officers wrote.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/florida-man-thanh-ha-sets-his-bosss-home-on-fire/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #731 on: July 01, 2022, 07:41:52 pm »
Florida man says ‘spirits’ told him to set boss’s future home on fire

By Patrick Reilly
July 1, 2022

A Florida man was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly he was caught on camera setting his boss’s future home on fire because “spirits” told him to.

Thanh Ha, 54, was caught on multiple surveillance cameras approaching a home under construction in St. Petersburg on his bicycle just before noon on May 3. He locked the bike to a stop sign before entering the home, trying to cover his face with his clothing, according to arrest documents obtained by WFLA.

About five minutes later, Ha was taped running outside of the home, unlocking the bike and speeding away.

Prospective buyers of the home identified Ha as one of their employees, according to documents.

Police said that Ha admitted to starting the fire not because he was upset with his employer, but “because ‘spirits’ told him to,” officers wrote.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/florida-man-thanh-ha-sets-his-bosss-home-on-fire/
Which spirits, rum, vodka, whiskey or fruit of the vine?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #732 on: July 01, 2022, 08:33:38 pm »
Which spirits, rum, vodka, whiskey or fruit of the vine?

I'm thinking Absinthe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #733 on: July 08, 2022, 12:31:40 pm »
Florida man loses pants while being chased by cops in hours-long manhunt

By Patrick Reilly
July 8, 2022

A suspect lost his pants while he was being chased by Florida police but kept the manhunt up for hours longer completely in the nude, cops said.

Police responded to a home in Branford on July 2 to a residence where 50-year-old Jesse Lamb, of Gainesville, was reportedly refusing to leave, according to the Suwannee County Sheriff’s Office.

While cops were on their way, they learned that Lamb had an active warrant out for failing to appear in court in 2021 for driving with a suspended license.

When cops arrived at the residence, they spotted Lamb sprinting from the back of the residence towards the Suwannee River in nothing but a pair of shorts. Deputies chased him until he jumped in the river and began swimming towards a floating dock, which he hid under.

Officers demanded that Lamb come out from below the dock, he did, but swam away again, according to the sheriff’s office.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/08/florida-man-jesse-lamb-flees-nude-from-police-in-hours-long-manhunt/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #734 on: July 08, 2022, 12:56:04 pm »
To protect and swerve: Drunk and slurring Florida cop is caught driving his police cruiser in full uniform with an open beer while nearly five times the legal limit

By TOM BROWN FOR MAILONLINE
8 July 2022

A Florida office has been caught drunk on the job after his colleagues found him swerving down the high street.

Oscar Mayorga, 25, of the Apopka Police Department had to be pulled over when a local resident saw the police cruiser running stop signs and called the cops.

Fellow officers arrived and asked Mayorga to roll down the window, catching a whiff of booze when he complied.

Slurring his speech, Mayorga told the officers he was on his way to work, despite the fact that he'd already started his shift.

At first, he said he'd taken three benadryl, medication used to treat allergies and insomnia, two hours ago.

But he'd forgotten about the open beer can in the center cup holder which the other officers spotted.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10994407/To-protect-swerve-Drunk-Florida-cop-caught-driving-nearly-five-times-legal-limit.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #735 on: July 08, 2022, 02:57:06 pm »
Naked Florida man climbs onto big rig, throws highway into chaos

By Selim Algar
July 7, 2022

It was full monty Frogger.

A nude man threw a Florida commute into chaos last week after he scampered across several highway lanes and hopped on the bed of a semi-trailer, according to a report.

Startled Sarasota drivers stopped to observe the mayhem on Interstate 75 at about 4 p.m. on June 30 and posted footage of the incident to social media.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/naked-florida-man-climbs-onto-big-rig-on-busy-highway/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #736 on: July 08, 2022, 02:57:20 pm »
A bumper crop of Florida Man escapades!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #737 on: July 08, 2022, 03:08:52 pm »
Nude? He was wearing socks and shoes!  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #738 on: July 08, 2022, 03:16:12 pm »

You're right!!

:silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #739 on: July 08, 2022, 03:29:13 pm »

Have you ever stepped on hot Florida pavement in the summer?   333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #740 on: July 08, 2022, 03:35:02 pm »
No shirt
No shoes
No service...

They never say anything about pants.  :whistle:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #741 on: July 11, 2022, 06:59:03 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #742 on: July 30, 2022, 07:43:33 pm »
Florida man arrested after throwing glass eye at doctor and nurse, police say

LARGO, Florida – A Florida man is accused of using his glass eye to assault a doctor and a nurse over the weekend.

Police first arrested 54-year-old Edward Michael Dorsey around 10:45 a.m. Sunday morning, October 30th on suspicion of domestic battery, according to WTSP.

Before taking him to the Pinellas County jail for processing, however, officers stopped at Largo Medical Center to have him evaluated. While inside the emergency room, Dorsey allegedly pulled out his glass eye and hurled it at a doctor and nurse.

More:  https://www.fox6now.com/news/florida-man-arrested-after-throwing-glass-eye-at-doctor-and-nurse-police-say
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #743 on: July 30, 2022, 08:03:31 pm »

LARGO, Florida – A Florida man is accused of using his glass eye to assault a doctor and a nurse over the weekend.

Police first arrested 54-year-old Edward Michael Dorsey around 10:45 a.m. Sunday morning, October 30th on suspicion of domestic battery, according to WTSP.

Before taking him to the Pinellas County jail for processing, however, officers stopped at Largo Medical Center to have him evaluated. While inside the emergency room, Dorsey allegedly pulled out his glass eye and hurled it at a doctor and nurse.

More:  https://www.fox6now.com/news/florida-man-arrested-after-throwing-glass-eye-at-doctor-and-nurse-police-say
He's just keeping an eye out for them...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #744 on: July 30, 2022, 08:04:41 pm »
"Don't be eyeballing me boy"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #745 on: July 30, 2022, 08:16:19 pm »

Just couldn't se eye to eye.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #746 on: October 12, 2022, 08:23:31 pm »
Florida Man Arrested For Putting On A Helmet & Charging Headfirst Into A 9-Year-Old At A Youth Football Practice
by Sean Joseph
 about 2 hours ago   

Youth football is a wild game these days. Not so much the play on the field, but all of the adults surrounding the game have lost their minds.

Anything can happen at anytime. A Florida man proved that last month at a youth football practice when he took out some anger on a 9-year-old.

The man is said to have put on a helmet and charged headfirst at a 9-year-old boy. After hitting the boy in the chest the man pushed the kid to the ground.

David Alan Taylor, 41, was arrested last month in Pensacola. Police say that his son was taking part in a one-on-one tackling drill with another player. He became upset when his son was overpowered by the other child and started crying.

According to witnesses that’s when Taylor decided to take matters into his own hands.  ...

Outkick
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

« Reply #747 on: October 12, 2022, 10:53:48 pm »
   I'm torn between two dynamically opposed theories on why I don't like this Thread.

(1) It's unfair to Floridians

(2) Yet, it's the only place I can keep up on what @Wingnut is capable of
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #748 on: October 12, 2022, 11:19:20 pm »
Florida Man Arrested For Putting On A Helmet & Charging Headfirst Into A 9-Year-Old At A Youth Football Practice
by Sean Joseph
 about 2 hours ago   

Youth football is a wild game these days. Not so much the play on the field, but all of the adults surrounding the game have lost their minds.

Anything can happen at anytime. A Florida man proved that last month at a youth football practice when he took out some anger on a 9-year-old.

The man is said to have put on a helmet and charged headfirst at a 9-year-old boy. After hitting the boy in the chest the man pushed the kid to the ground.

David Alan Taylor, 41, was arrested last month in Pensacola. Police say that his son was taking part in a one-on-one tackling drill with another player. He became upset when his son was overpowered by the other child and started crying.

According to witnesses that’s when Taylor decided to take matters into his own hands.  ...

Outkick
When I was growing up and playing sports in the fifties and sixties, it was rare to see any grownup watching his kid play.
I played city rec baseball for three years. You rarely saw any adults watching. Of course the games were always played in the early afternoon when most dads were working. Then again my parents had little to no interest in what I did as far as athletics. They only cared that you didn't get into trouble.
It was only the Boomer generation parents who were expected to go watch their kids play.
I remember going to a basketball game some decades ago with my sister, her husband, and his brother and wife to watch my niece play a freshman game. My sister, her husband, and her in-laws made asses out of themselves shouting at the refs the whole game whenever a call didn't go for my niece's team. The kicker of course is that my sister was pretty much an ignoramus about basketball.
I liked the sign I saw at a city youth baseball game in Texas watching my younger brother play many decades ago.  The sign said that anybody in the stands shouting at the umpires would be removed from the premises. The crowd was fairly quiet during the game simply clapping and cheering when their team did good.
All gyms and athletic fields where kids play should have that rule.

Offline verga

« Reply #749 on: October 13, 2022, 12:49:36 am »
by Sean Joseph
 about 2 hours ago   

Outkick
I was never sports/ athletically minded. My parents never pushed me to be involved in little league. I remember going to se my neighbor play and so many (not all) of the parents acting like idiots. I asked my father about it when I got home. He told me little league was invented for the parents so they could feel better about their own lack of athletic ability. I nev er forgot that and it was over 50 years ago.