Author Topic: Fox News' Shepard Smith: 'CNN's reporting was not fake news'  (Read 503 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fox News' Shepard Smith: 'CNN's reporting was not fake news'
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:59:59 pm »
As President Donald Trump continued his attack on “fake news” Friday by blocking certain news organizations from an off-camera White House briefing with press secretary Sean Spicer, Fox News anchor Shepard Smith came to the defense of a rival network.

“For the record, ‘fake news’ refers to stories that are created, often by entities pretending to be news organizations, solely to draw clicks and views and are based on nothing of substance,” he said. “In short, ‘fake news’ is made-up nonsense delivered for financial gain.”

CNN has largely been on the receiving end of Trump’s media criticism, with the president having called the network “fake news” last month when he refused to answer a question from reporter Jim Acosta during a press conference.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/24/fox-news-shepard-smith-cnn-not-fake-news/

uh huh

From the sheep in wolves' clothing.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Fox News' Shepard Smith: 'CNN's reporting was not fake news'
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 01:07:27 pm »
Well Trump is a compulsive liar so anyone who reports on what he says is fake news.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 01:30:00 pm »
Well Trump is a compulsive liar so anyone who reports on what he says is fake news.

Can't be a good feeling in the newsroom when someone can out BS them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 02:33:13 pm »
CNN is relying on a defense from Shepard Smith? 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »
It looks like Shep has finished updating his resume ...... and is ready to send it around.    ^-^