Author Topic: White House blocks news organizations from press briefing  (Read 4249 times)

Offline Resp3

Re: White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 09:05:38 pm »
Such as....?

Give me a couple of days (weeks). Maybe I'll come up with something.

:huh?:

Was it a rumor or am I imagining it? Wasn't something out there a month back that Info Wars would be invited to WH press conferences? I could go for that. Even World Nut Daily.

Anything but Fake News Network (CNN).

Offline endicom

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 09:06:34 pm »
"A press gaggle (as distinct from a press conference or press briefing) is an informal briefing by the White House Press Secretary which (as used by press secretaries for the George W. Bush administration) is on the record, but disallows videography. The term can also be used to refer to the informal interactions between the press and the press secretary that occur before a videotaped press briefing.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_gaggle

geronl

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 09:08:31 pm »
The Trump Administration did this to punish CNN, NYT, LAT, WP and POLICITO for refusing to stop with the bullsh*t "UNNAMED SOURCES".....they are currently NOT 'legitimate' news.

Twinks4Trump and Milo News is more legitimate for the Trumpers, lol

Offline Idiot

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 09:09:15 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 09:09:47 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Block the press, that's a dictator action.  You only get in if you are going to say nice things about the dictator.

Can you show me where CBS, ABC and NBC (who were in the gaggle) have been heaping praise on Trump?

BTW, I'm sure CNN is elated at you solid support. They need all the viewers they can get.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 09:11:43 pm »
I find it pretty funny.  If Reagan were to have done the same thing...you'd be loving it.

No he wouldn't. He would be pining away for Mondull to run again in '88 to bring civility back to the WH.

Offline flowers

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2017, 09:15:06 pm »

Of all the media tears, Cnn tastes the best!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2017, 09:21:35 pm »
BTW, I'm sure CNN is elated at you solid support. They need all the viewers they can get.
@Frank Cannon

You jump to erroneous conclusions.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2017, 09:24:25 pm »
@Frank Cannon

No....YOU did.

As @Frank Cannon rhetorically asked....when did ABC, NBC, CBS say "nice things....."?

They were invited.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline r9etb

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2017, 09:25:42 pm »
I find it pretty funny.  If Reagan were to have done the same thing...you'd be loving it.

But that's the thing: the media were vicious to Reagan, too, and yet he didn't do it.

That's because Reagan, unlike Trump -- and Nixon -- understood both the futility and stupidity of trying to "punish" the media.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 09:27:00 pm »
No....YOU did.

As @Frank Cannon rhetorically asked....when did ABC, NBC, CBS say "nice things....."?

They were invited.

Which just paints Trump as vindictive.

That's just the sort of man we need in the Oval Office.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 09:28:43 pm »
But that's the thing: the media were vicious to Reagan, too, and yet he didn't do it.

That's because Reagan, unlike Trump -- and Nixon -- understood both the futility and stupidity of trying to "punish" the media.
Trump doesn't have that "turning the other cheek" thing down quite yet...lol.

Offline flowers

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 09:29:23 pm »

Yes they do. They only have a few supporters on this site and maybe a few in airports across the country. If they lost the contract for the airports their viewers would drop down to some from this site and all the other sites like this one.  @Frank Cannon

Offline flowers

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2017, 09:31:11 pm »
No....YOU did.

They were invited.
Yep.... only a few got cut off for todays gaggle. Like I said of all the media tears, Cnn the best @DCPatriot

Offline r9etb

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2017, 09:31:16 pm »
Trump doesn't have that "turning the other cheek" thing down quite yet...lol.

Well he does turn the other cheek, but only to fart on somebody else.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 09:32:09 pm »
In what alternate universe is CNN, the TimeS and other anti-American Yellow Journalists considered "the press"?

I'd sooner give credentials to the National Enquirer before I would CNN.

So would Trump... he's  a big fan of Pecker.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/national-enquirer-shielded-donald-trump-from-playboy-models-affair-allegation-1478309380

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2017, 09:33:57 pm »
Speaking of gaggles. There is quite a gaggle here now, from the JVs, in the running to replace the late great deacon and his consistently anti-trump posts, 24/7 on a site named GOP with a Reagan picture.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2017, 09:41:09 pm »
Speaking of gaggles. There is quite a gaggle here now, from the JVs, in the running to replace the late great deacon and his consistently anti-trump posts, 24/7 on a site named GOP with a Reagan picture.

For all of their contempt for TOS they sure seems determined to make this place it's mirror image.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2017, 09:42:18 pm »
"But Obama did it" is not a good example of what to do, its a good example of what not to do.

Unfortunately we have a president who appears to be mentally inhibited.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »
There is currently a hot war for power happening between the government and the media. The MSM is telling Trump, "We are the real power. We control the nation."

Trump is telling them, "That may be true, but not on my watch."

This 'war' can be seen most clearly on the show Morning Joe. This show is basically the front-line of this struggle.

Trump is just knocking their out of control egos down a notch or two. Nothing sinister here. This is all just part of the struggle for dominance and power between Trump and the media. In my opinion, of the two sides, I would rather have government running the country than have the media in charge.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:45:28 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 09:52:41 pm »

Trolling again, I see, and yet you haven't been deleted.  You need to up your game, Truthie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline r9etb

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2017, 10:03:36 pm »
Trump is just knocking their out of control egos down a notch or two. Nothing sinister here.

Well, no, it is a bit sinister.  Trump isn't just calling them out, he's taking vindictive action.  Stupidly, I might add -- to be specifically excluded by Trump is probably good for CNN's ratings.

This is all just part of the struggle for dominance and power between Trump and the media. In my opinion, of the two sides, I would rather have government running the country than have the media in charge.

I'd rather have a media that opposed the government all the time, than a media that was bullied into agreeing with it.

This isn't to let the current media off the hook -- they've helped to make this bed for themselves.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:04:07 pm by r9etb »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 10:15:25 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Not at all. You were very clear in your statement. Let's revisit it, shall we....

Block the press, that's a dictator action.  You only get in if you are going to say nice things about the dictator.

You said "block the press". Since the only organization that was not included was CNN, you consider them the press. That means you would go to them for news. That means you are in support of their style of journalism to trust them with that duty. Feel free to be a fan of theirs, but I'll pass.....and so do most Americans considering CNN's ratings.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2017, 10:16:25 pm »
Which just paints Trump as vindictive.

That's just the sort of man we need in the Oval Office.

You've evidently not read all the posts.

CNN and their accomplices NYT, WP, LAT and POLITICO continue to push the Russia Hack meme using "unnamed sources".

That's not vindictive....that's 'suing' for truth.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2017, 10:17:17 pm »
Yep.... only a few got cut off for todays gaggle. Like I said of all the media tears, Cnn the best @DCPatriot

:patriot: