Author Topic: Better to be an atheist than a hypocritical Catholic: Pope Francis  (Read 1900 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Better to be an atheist than a hypocritical Catholic: Pope Francis
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 12:44:09 am »
Oh, please.  Have you never, ever, met a person who's told you she doesn't go to church because the people inside act like hypocrites?  Surely you have.
Yep, but I would never condemn them as atheists, which is the subject matter we are talking about, not going to church

All that ridiculous typing, because you did not take note of the helpful comma.
And the sarcasm because you really do not know what to say
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 12:49:28 am »
In my life, I have never heard a priest, rabbi, reverend, minister, preacher, or anyone involved in religious leadership say the words, "It is better to be an atheist than...". Those words would never cross their lips, in any situation. As long as a person is making an effort to respect God, any effort is better than none at all. That's how I was taught.
After all, if we could be good in the first place we wouldn't need Jesus.* A church full of sinners is like a hospital full of sick people. The question is are the getting better and where are they headed when they leave.

*Yeah, I know we can't be good enough, some folks just think they can.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2017, 04:34:36 pm »
Yep, but I would never condemn them as atheists, which is the subject matter we are talking about, not going to church

It's rather obvious that did you not read what the Pope actually said. 

And the sarcasm because you really do not know what to say

No reason to get snippy with me because you're unable to notice a comma, son.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 04:58:36 pm »
I'm starting to believe that nearly all Christian hypocrites are in fact atheists anyway.

If one is willing to knowingly vote for a man who lies to destroy others as easily as he breathes, it tells me that they are people who don't believe there will be any judgement from God.