Author Topic: GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Won't Vote to Defund Planned Parenthood  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Won't Vote to Defund Planned Parenthood
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 09:51:35 pm »
Oh please.  So if I don't prioritize defunding PP at the expense of everything else, I don't "possess morality"?

What do you think defunding PP will do?   It will be a statement, an important one to be sure, but it won't shutter a single abattoir.   If anything,  if they lose funding, they'll be flooded with donations to open up more of them because that's how they make their money. 

I don't see it as a priority over addressing the ACA,  or tax or regulatory reform,  or a dozen other GOP priorities.    Abortions won't be stopped by defunding PP,  they will be stopped only when hearts and minds are changed.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Won't Vote to Defund Planned Parenthood
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 10:22:01 pm »
Oh please.  So if I don't prioritize defunding PP at the expense of everything else, I don't "possess morality"?
you do not possess morality if one more baby is aborted as you wait until the timing is perfect to end abortion.
What do you think defunding PP will do?   It will be a statement, an important one to be sure, but it won't shutter a single abattoir.   If anything,  if they lose funding, they'll be flooded with donations to open up more of them because that's how they make their money.
What twisted logic you possess.  If the govt stops funding, it will open up even more private donations which keep abortions clinics open?  Do you not realize how disturbed that sounds?

I don't see it as a priority over addressing the ACA,  or tax or regulatory reform,  or a dozen other GOP priorities.    Abortions won't be stopped by defunding PP,  they will be stopped only when hearts and minds are changed.
Now I see where you are coming from.

The taxpayer funding of abortion will not stop abortions.  Only education of people will stop abortions.  Is that it?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington