Author Topic: As his Trump rebukes intensify, what is John Kasich up to?  (Read 920 times)

Online libertybele

As his Trump rebukes intensify, what is John Kasich up to?
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:07:54 am »
I'll be glad win this RINO's term is over.  Looks like he's considering another run perhaps in 2020 ...IDIOT!

As his Trump rebukes intensify, what is John Kasich up to?

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R), who refused to endorse Trump or even attend his party’s nominating convention in Kasich’s home state, had some more choice words for the president over weekend. The governor, speaking to the media from Germany, where Kasich was attending the Munich Security Conference, raised concerns about Trump’s criticism of a free press, questionable support for U.S. allies in Europe, and even the scandal surrounding Russia’s role in helping put the president in office.

Kasich added that he’d spoken directly with a variety of foreign officials, many of whom expressed concern about Trump and the direction of the United States.

And while the remarks were notable, let’s not skip past the setting: what was the governor of Ohio doing at the Munich Security Conference, speaking with foreign officials?

For a guy who’ll soon wrap up his second term – the governor cannot seek a third – Kasich seems awfully busy, weighing in on the health-care debate, attending a major international security conference, publicly taking issue with Trump’s bizarre antics, and according to a Cleveland Plain Dealer report, watching a new organization take shape around him....

...I’m not saying John Kasich is definitely gearing up for a national 2020 campaign, but if the Ohio Republican were planning to lay the groundwork for another White House run, these are definitely the kinds of things he’d be doing....

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/his-trump-rebukes-intensify-what-john-kasich
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: As his Trump rebukes intensify, what is John Kasich up to?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 12:13:32 am »
Kasich is a loser. No one wanted him in the Primary. No one wants him now. Just because he thinks God is guiding him to rule the country to a Progressive Utopia doesn't mean it's so.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:15:31 am »
Primary challenge in 2020 perhaps? Or maybe going Charlie Crist?

Given the lockstep nature of the Republican Party and the boom in independents, the latter might actually be the better option. Considering the disarray in the Democratic Party, a centrist like Kasich could appeal to the moderate Democrats and liberals, depending on how far left they go in their primary, and there are still a few on the right who won't vote for Trump.

Kasich isn't done yet.

I'm not saying I'd support him—in a three-way race between him, Trump and most any Democrat I'd just as soon stay home—but he's not done yet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:19:45 am »
He is the son of a mailman. You guys are all forgetting that. :smokin:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 12:25:01 am »
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

Kasich gave the US the FIRST and LAST balanced budget of the modern era.  I hated it when he left the House to get on with his life.  He is solid and honest and a "real" Christian.  I would vote for him if he is up against Trump in the next election.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 12:26:34 am »
Is he telling everyone he meets all about how his father was a mailman?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:36:39 am »
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

Kasich gave the US the FIRST and LAST balanced budget of the modern era.  I hated it when he left the House to get on with his life.  He is solid and honest and a "real" Christian.  I would vote for him if he is up against Trump in the next election.

Kasich is a big reason we were stuck with trump.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 12:45:27 am »
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

As far as a balanced budget, I think we also have to give Gingrich credit on that one as well. Kasich is a Republican in Name Only; he is a liberal moderate.  He's for open borders, his stance on free trade would be harmful to this country and he's for gay marriage.  Nope.  I can't see myself every voting for him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline anubias

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 03:04:55 am »
Katsick needs to find a rock, crawl under it and stay there.  Permanently.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 03:10:38 am »
Honesty may be an intangible but I think Kasich, like Trump, is fairly honest and that K speaks from the heart.  I don't necessarily agree with him on everything like his amnesty platform which was a bit of a Hail Mary pass in the primaries.

Otherwise, if one were to speak to Ohioans, I think one would get a favorable opinion of him, the place was racked with an economic crisis about 4 years. People were leaving the state to find work.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 03:13:18 am »
Kasich and Trump are meeting this week, Friday, time to bury the hatchets.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/21/john-kasich-donald-trump-meeting/98190710/

Kasich has been a good pro-life politician; at the debates, I don't think he was doing any end runs, remember how he remarked on that when some of the others were getting into it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 03:13:52 am »
Honesty may be an intangible but I think Kasich, like Trump, is fairly honest and that K speaks from the heart.  I don't necessarily agree with him on everything like his amnesty platform which was a bit of a Hail Mary pass in the primaries.
By that sentiment, Nancy Pelosi is honest too as she is insane but "speaks from the heart".
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 03:19:31 am »
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

He is solid and honest and a "real" Christian.  I would vote for him if he is up against Trump in the next election.
Here is that 'real' Christian.

Kasich said at last month's Faith and Freedom Coalition gathering that Willard was a hero to him and Willard once asked, "As you live your life on earth are you prepared to run five cities for the Lord in the kingdom yet to come?"

http://www.christianpost.com/news/5-interesting-facts-about-the-christian-faith-of-john-kasich-142054/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 06:06:27 am »
Kasich is a loser. No one wanted him in the Primary. No one wants him now. Just because he thinks God is guiding him to rule the country to a Progressive Utopia doesn't mean it's so.

No kidding.  I always hit mute when he was speaking during the debates.  Like all horrible bores, he wouldn't shut up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 06:31:05 am »

Kasich is a big reason we were stuck with trump.

I still blame Trump for that.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 06:44:24 am »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 06:45:42 am »
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak

Kasich was three years old the last time we had a balanced (surplus, actually) budget.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 06:54:28 am »
Kasich was three years old the last time we had a balanced (surplus, actually) budget.

:thumbsup3:

People need to realize there is a difference between saying there will eventually be a balanced budget and actually achieving it over the umpteen years it was supposed to happen.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 08:05:46 am »

Like most pols he could care less about God. And like a televangelist he knows there's power an influence convincing the gullible masses you are 'godly' in your beliefs. His actions do not align with a real faithful sort of guy. They align with a guy throwing enough bones around to get what he wants from who he wants.