Author Topic: Who Is Steve Bannon?  (Read 374 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Who Is Steve Bannon?
« on: February 22, 2017, 07:36:14 pm »
Who Is Steve Bannon?

Austin Ruse

Steve Bannon is a deeply thoughtful pugilist who does not care what you think. Some will say this is a recipe for disaster. I say it’s just what we need…

Out of the blue in the summer of 2014, I received an email from Steve Bannon asking if I ever published anyplace other than Crisis Magazine and would I be interested in writing for Breitbart. I knew Mr. Bannon’s name from a weekly conservative coalition that still meets in Washington DC. Mr. Bannon occasionally called in but never appeared in person.

A few months later, I sent him a piece about a new book puncturing holes in the Matthew Shepherd myth, that he was killed by homophobes just because he was gay but rather was killed in a deal gone bad by a fellow drug dealer and sometimes gay sex partner. That story ended up getting something on the order of 25,000 Facebook shares and thousands of comments. That was my introduction to the power of Breitbart.

It was also my introduction to the mission of Breitbart and to Steve Bannon, which primarily is to change the leftist narrative, which is sometimes impossible to change. Even now after Stephen Jiminez’s masterful investigative book on Matthew Shepherd, the left still lies about his death.

Andrew Breitbart dedicated his career to changing the narrative and taking down the establishment.

There is much stuff and nonsense said about Steve Bannon, particularly after Andrew’s untimely death, when Mr. Bannon became executive chairman. They say he has taken Breitbart News far from Breitbart’s vision. It should be known that Breitbart is run by Breitbart’s childhood best friend and his longtime business partner Larry Solov. The editorial staff is helmed by Breitbart’s first employee, Alexander Marlow. Breitbart’s widow is still involved as is Joel Pollack, a kippah-wearing Orthodox Jew. There has not been some great disconnect from Breitbart’s death to the present day.

Steve Bannon came onto the scene as a documentary filmmaker. He came out of investment banking where, among other things, he handled the sale of Castle Rock Entertainment and instead of taking a fee, took a piece of a series then in pilot called Seinfeld. Mr. Bannon and Breitbart made films together including the remarkable Occupy Unmasked that explains who is behind the masked rioters who are even now burning American cities. Mr. Bannon became a partner in Breitbart News, bringing cash, vision, and drive.

The stuff and nonsense about Steve Bannon includes that he is a “white nationalist,” and that he and now Breitbart News are racist, xenophobic, and anti-Semitic.

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2017/02/who-is-steve-bannon-austin-ruse.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Who Is Steve Bannon?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:57 pm »
Bookmark.