Author Topic: Dakota Access campsite goes up in flames: Protesters set fire to their tents as deadline to evacuate looms and activists warn they are 'ready to go to jail'  (Read 2807 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why would anyone expect anything different after they protested for environmental actions on the pipeline yet trashed their illegal campgrounds.

If I was a ND taxpayer, I think I would trash the politicians who allowed this to happen, particularly free hotel rooms.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

5 bus tickets, 3 used
4 room vouchers

how many tens or hundreds of thousands of tax dollars did this cost? how many new employees did this require? did they unionize?

Wingnut

5 bus tickets, 3 used
4 room vouchers

how many tens or hundreds of thousands of tax dollars did this cost? how many new employees did this require? did they unionize?

Some people you just can't help. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Offline Norm Lenhart

Complete idiots: The ND govt for funding this stupidity from taxpayer dollars and the hotel for accepting dirtbags into their establishment.

The voters should begin recalls. The Govt might be stupid enough to reward bad behavior but the voters shouldn't be. If the people responsible get reelected, then the voters are stupid enough to get what they earned.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
5 bus tickets, 3 used
4 room vouchers

North Dakota is a right-to work state.

The other real costs were high enough that bus tickets and motel rooms are a pittance compared to the millions already spent on LEO activity and cleanup.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why would anyone expect anything different after they protested for environmental actions on the pipeline yet trashed their illegal campgrounds.

If I was a ND taxpayer, I think I would trash the politicians who allowed this to happen, particularly free hotel rooms.
We'd have saved a fortune giving them one-way air fare anywhere in the world.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Complete idiots: The ND govt for funding this stupidity from taxpayer dollars and the hotel for accepting dirtbags into their establishment.

The voters should begin recalls. The Govt might be stupid enough to reward bad behavior but the voters shouldn't be. If the people responsible get reelected, then the voters are stupid enough to get what they earned.
Am also betting the govt is the one on the hook for cleaning up the mess too, not the occupants.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Good thing Obama is not still running the show.  Creating an environmental disaster by setting your tents on fire makes you worse than ISIL according to the Presil.