Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Obama’s Feds Tried to Hack Indiana’s Election System While Pence Was Governor  (Read 647 times)

rangerrebew

EXCLUSIVE: Obama’s Feds Tried to Hack Indiana’s Election System While Pence Was Governor
Photo of Richard Pollock
Richard Pollock
Reporter
9:54 PM 02/21/2017

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials tried to hack Indiana’s state electoral system with at least 14,800 “scans” or hits between Nov. 1, 2016, to Dec. 16, 2016, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned.

The attacks are the second confirmed IT scanning assault by DHS officials against states that resisted then-President Barack Obama’s attempt to increase federal involvement in state and local election systems by designating them as “critical infrastructure” for national security.

Members of the National Association of Secretaries of State voted Saturday at their winter meeting to oppose the designation. They are asking President Donald Trump to overturn it. (RELATED: State Officials Want Trump To Reverse Obama’s Last-Minute Election Power Grab)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/21/exclusive-obamas-feds-tried-to-hack-indianas-election-system-while-pence-was-governor/#ixzz4ZQvVYs1u

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I thought this was debunked as some sort of normal security scanning from DHS?

Offline Victoria33

EXCLUSIVE: Obama’s Feds Tried to Hack Indiana’s Election System While Pence Was Governor
Photo of Richard Pollock
Richard Pollock
Reporter
9:54 PM 02/21/2017
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials tried to hack Indiana’s state electoral system with at least 14,800 “scans” or hits between Nov. 1, 2016, to Dec. 16, 2016, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned.
@rangerrebew

I don't get this because anyone can go to the SOS website of any state and look at their election numbers.  Plus, one can get the state voter list from either the Democrat or Republican party in the state.  When I worked with the state Republican Party, I had a code to access the state voter list.  Certainly, the DHS can get that of any state whenever they want.  I think this article is bunk.

Online corbe

Wasn't it widely reported at the time that Georgia also experienced multiple attempts at hacking by the DHS?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

And, Homeland Security, or anyone else, on election day, can't hack voting machines since they are not hooked to the internet, they are just counters, and they are locked up between elections and still not hooked to the internet.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
   Wasn't it widely reported at the time that Georgia also experienced multiple attempts at hacking by the DHS?

Debunked. Normal penetration testing I believe.

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

That's just it - hack what?  They can legally access the state voter list at anytime.  Calling that "hacking" sounds like it is illegal and it isn't.