Author Topic: Congress’s telling body language during six key moments of Trump’s address  (Read 1076 times)

Wingnut

Rats behaving predictably bad thu out the address to congress.

By Amber Phillips and Kevin Uhrmacher
March 1, 2017
A lot was on the line for President Trump in his first major address to Congress. He will need to work with both parties in both chambers of Congress to accomplish anything significant, yet Republican lawmakers have been skeptical of his leadership so far. Democrats have been outright hostile.

Judging by the immediate reaction of lawmakers to some of his policy proposals, he made inroads among Republicans but fell flat among Democrats.

See for yourself. We’ve annotated the body language from lawmakers during six key moments of Trump’s speech.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-first-joint-session/

Online andy58-in-nh

You know, the last time I saw so many Democrats gathered in one place all dressed in white, they were burning a cross.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Norm Lenhart

You know, the last time I saw so many Democrats gathered in one place all dressed in white, they were burning a cross.

Can't be said often enough.

Offline Vulcan

geronl

There are 535 members of Congress, trying to read their collective body language is just stupid

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There are 535 members of Congress, trying to read their collective body language is just stupid

It's a sight easier than detecting any brain activity amongst them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I'm not sure what sexual gesture those women are making and my brain refuses to think about it for even one second.

But I do know this much, Tasers should be handed out at the door.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A lot was on the line for President Trump in his first major address to Congress. He will need to work with both parties in both chambers of Congress to accomplish anything significant

I'm not quite sure how badly the President needs to work with both parties ... he may want to peel off a few Democrats for optics, but quite a lot can be accomplished without them.

Judging by the immediate reaction of lawmakers to some of his policy proposals, he made inroads among Republicans but fell flat among Democrats.

Inroads among Republicans is mission accomplished, IMO.

As the Trump agenda is implemented - - - and the closer we inch toward November 2018 - - - the less often we'll see scenes like the ones below, so enjoy them now.  88devil