Author Topic: Heartwarming moment caught on camera: Homeless man celebrates landing job  (Read 522 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
UNITED KINGDOM —

Woo hoo!

Security cameras have captured the touching moment when a homeless man finds out he has just landed a full-time job and he punches the air in celebration!

The video uploaded to YouTube by Aaron Doyle shows the man leaving window suppliers company Central RPL after being offered a permanent contract, according to the Mirror. As he walks away, he cheerfully raises his fists in the air, clearly excited that his luck is turning around.

Doyal works for the Midlands-based firm and says that despite having nothing, the homeless man would still offer him a chocolate bar and some of his coffee every morning.

"It might seem like nothing to most, but this guy has really won me over."

Doyle says the man had been working at Central RPL on a trial basis and depending on how well he did, he'd be offered a permanent position. On Friday, he got one.

Video at link: http://www.news965.com/news/news/local/heartwarming-moment-caught-camera-homeless-man-cel/ntnNf/

It's short.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

Re: Heartwarming moment caught on camera: Homeless man celebrates landing job
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:32:26 pm »
great story

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:39:51 pm »
Awesome!  This world could use more good news. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:55:08 pm »
Awesome. I'm working with a local lady who does a lot of work with the homeless to document their stories (think Faces of New York type of project), and have talked with her and a few others just how hard it is to get out of that hole. Some are extremely smart, many are even educated, many vets. The problem is you can't just walk in somewhere and apply for a job in most places any more. Even sweeping up trash at a lumber company they have to go online and fill out an application. Difficult to do with no internet, no email, no permanent address, no references, no phone.

I got very frustrated with our church when they had a mission weekend recently where they were going to do something for the community and many suggested doing something meaningful like helping the homeless or those really in need.

They instead chose to build a concession stand for their school's baseball field.