Author Topic: Household Brand Nestle Leaves California Due to Oppressive State Laws, Taxes  (Read 720 times)

rangerrebew

Household Brand Nestle Leaves California Due to Oppressive State Laws, Taxes
Kosar
Featured Commentator
February 22, 2017

Nestle, a large company known for its food and drink products, is tired of doing business in far-left California. They are packing their bags and heading thousands of miles away to Virginia.

Nestle USA made the official announcement that their headquarters will move from a Los Angeles suburb to Rosslyn, Virginia and is taking more than 1,200 jobs with it.

California is just an awful place to do business, and the Republican-led state legislature in Virginia put together together an incentive package that would make President Trump proud:

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/household-brand-nestle-moving-to-virginia-leaves-california/#ixzz4ZX3BiTCz

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Household Brand Nestle Leaves California Due to Oppressive State Laws, Taxes
Kosar
Featured Commentator
February 22, 2017

Nestle, a large company known for its food and drink products, is tired of doing business in far-left California. They are packing their bags and heading thousands of miles away to Virginia.

Nestle USA made the official announcement that their headquarters will move from a Los Angeles suburb to Rosslyn, Virginia and is taking more than 1,200 jobs with it.

California is just an awful place to do business, and the Republican-led state legislature in Virginia put together together an incentive package that would make President Trump proud:

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/household-brand-nestle-moving-to-virginia-leaves-california/#ixzz4ZX3BiTCz
Not surprising.  Look at 2015's Fortune 500 by state.  Texas was only slightly behind New York.

The company I retired from moved from California to Texas in 2014, and is still included in California.

By now, Texas should be easily the top state for Fortune 500 companies.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:23:31 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline verga

This is just a guess, but would New York be the largest due to Wall Street?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Suppressed

Not surprising.  Look at 2015's Fortune 500 by state.  Texas was only slightly behind California and New York.

The company I retired from moved from California to Texas in 2014, and is still included in California.

By now, Texas should be easily the top state for Fortune 500 companies.

Frankly, I'm surprised Virginia isn't higher!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline verga

Frankly, I'm surprised Virginia isn't higher!
Northern VA is made up of bedroom communities that are feeders for the DC area and they have a fair numbers of GO's and NGO's as employers.
Central and Southern VA are primarily Ag. based businesses. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.