Author Topic: Trump Was Right: “Failing New York Times” Looks to Be in Serious Decline  (Read 833 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Was Right: “Failing New York Times” Looks to Be in Serious Decline

Jim Hoft Feb 21st, 2017 7:48 am 38 Comments

Guest post by Joe Hoft

President Donald Trump called the New York Times (NYT) – the “Failing New York Times” in his press conference on Thursday and in his speech in Florida on Saturday.  The President called the NYT ‘Failing’ for some time, including during his rallies when running for President.

The President is right. The NYT is failing miserably and is in serious financial trouble. The NYT’s financials for 2016 show massive decreases in the bottom line (net income) for the 4th Quarter and for the year. The NYT’s 4th Quarter net income was $37m, down from $52m in the 4th Quarter of 2015 for a 28% decrease. The NYT’s annual 2016 results were worse at $29m versus $63m in 2015 for a year over year decrease of 54%. The Times blamed the poor results on a “pension settlement charge, lower print advertising revenues and higher costs”.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/02/trump-is-right-failing-new-york-times-is-in-serious-trouble/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:08:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If I read the New York Times or the National Enquirer what is the difference? In fact, although this is hard to say, I trust the National Enquirer more, because at least I understand what they are, and what they are all about.

I cannot say that about the NYT.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:44:43 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

If I read the New York Times or the National Enquirer what is the difference? In fact, although this is hard to say, I trust the National Enquirer more, because at least I understand what they are, and what they are all about.

The National Enquirer has quite a history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Enquirer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generoso_Pope 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generoso_Pope,_Jr.

geronl

Trump was stating what everyone else had known for a decade.

Trump was right, grass is green! Trump was right, sky is blue!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

That's a good point.  There are times (admittedly rare) when the NYT does really good, professional work.  And other times they put out complete crap.  And that's almost worse, because the good stuff can create an aura of credibility that attaches to the crap.

Oceander

A variance in two years does not a failure make.  Particularly not if the decline was due to significant one time charges.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's a good point.  There are times (admittedly rare) when the NYT does really good, professional work.  And other times they put out complete crap.  And that's almost worse, because the good stuff can create an aura of credibility that attaches to the crap.

And THAT is the real problem in a nutshell!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

Carlos "Slim", a real billionaire, owns a big chunk of the NY Times after giving it a $250 million loan in 2008 (hard times, man, hard times).

During the campaign Trump was already touting global conspiracy theories ranged against him.
Trump said, “I know why I get bad treatment in the New York Times: because it’s owned by Mexico.... "
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:11:43 pm by geronl »

Offline uglybiker

Trump was stating what everyone else had known for a decade.

Trump was right, grass is green! Trump was right, sky is blue!

Trump was right!  :tongue2:

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!