Author Topic: British MP: Trump Will Go Down in History as the Only Politician Condemned for Keeping His Promises  (Read 449 times)

rangerrebew

British MP: Trump Will Go Down in History as the Only Politician Condemned for Keeping His Promises

(CNSNews.com) - In an extraordinary session on Monday, British lawmakers debated a petition to deny U.S. President Donald Trump an official state visit to the United Kingdom.

British Prime Minister Theresa May is standing by the invitation she issued to Trump during her January 27 visit to the White House, despite a petition signed by 1.8 million people. That petition says Trump should be allowed to enter the U.K. in his capacity as head of state, but he should not be accorded the honor of a state visit.

State visit opponents, led by members of the Labor Party, said it would embarrass the queen to receive Trump, a man who once bragged about grabbing women by the genitals.

But in defense of Trump's State Visit, Conservative Party lawmaker Nigel Evans noted that the American political and entertainment elite "sneered" at the notion of Trump becoming president, but 61 million Americans -- "the forgotten people" -- felt otherwise and put Trump in office.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/british-mp-trump-will-go-down-history-only-politician-condemned-keeping-his

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Evans is one of those no nonsense types. Wish we could clone him.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

Evans is one of those no nonsense types. Wish we could clone him.

Side note...

I find it interesting that the name Nigel is not nearly so common in the US.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander