Author Topic: Who Is Alexander Acosta? Trump Labor Nominee Supports Amnesty, Cheap Foreign Labor  (Read 849 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
And this is from Breitbart of all sources. They can't even carry the water for this one.

President Donald Trump’s new nominee to run the Department of Labor is an accomplished lawyer and a rising star in the GOP’s Hispanic networks and also in the party’s pro-diversity establishment wing.

The nominee, Alexander Acosta, is a Harvard graduate and a former senior justice department official under George W. Bush. From 2005, he served as a federal attorney in Florida, where he successfully prosecuted a series of high-profile cases and is now a university dean. ....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/16/alexander-acosta-department-labor/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

Is this the point where we got enough bones thrown to us and now the moderate/liberal wing gets their appeasement?

Time will tell.

Online Smokin Joe

No, this is where those who have been ranting in defense will either wake up or commit to anything going Forward.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

No, this is where those who have been ranting in defense will either wake up or commit to anything going Forward.

They did that with their vote. They have a problem accepting that fact, but they did. Not like any of them will stop him. Thats why elections are so important. Now we all sit and watch where he takes America.

Online corbe

They did that with their vote. They have a problem accepting that fact, but they did. Not like any of them will stop him. Thats why elections are so important. Now we all sit and watch where he takes America.

When Trump campaigned with 'I'll pick the best people', 'I know the best people', I just assumed it was like his 'I know the best words' thing, completely unsubstantiated by ALL his speeches, BUT had I known he would just 'play' president like some TV show and let the grownups run things, hell, I would've tempered my dislike of him somewhat.

* Credit for picking the 'grownups' is humbly given.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

When Trump campaigned with 'I'll pick the best people', 'I know the best people', I just assumed it was like his 'I know the best words' thing, completely unsubstantiated by ALL his speeches, BUT had I known he would just 'play' president like some TV show and let the grownups run things, hell, I would've tempered my dislike of him somewhat.

We'll see how many grownups want to run things with him able to shut them down at any time.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

We'll see how many grownups want to run things with him able to shut them down at any time.

Very valid fear @Smokin Joe and time will tell, particularly since half his cabinet (the grownups) haven't even found the coffee pot in their office yet. 
   If he does fail it won't be a slow burnout, it will be bigly catastrophic for all of us, regardless of who we voted for.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

That's the best I can gather. Pence and Mattis are abroad cleaning up trump's many messes, Pence was acting like the real President going to Auschwitz and reassuring our allies, Mattis reassuring that we aren't in Iraq to get oil (that particular claim could actually get our troops killed IMO)... meanwhile Trump was ranting and raving at a rally, and his crazy press conference...

The Trump Train is a wild ride.

Online Smokin Joe

Very valid fear @Smokin Joe and time will tell, particularly since half his cabinet (the grownups) haven't even found the coffee pot in their office yet. 
   If he does fail it won't be a slow burnout, it will be bigly catastrophic for all of us, regardless of who we voted for.
Train wrecks only happen in slow motion in the movies--and if you are there and should be getting the hell out of the way (adrenaline rush).

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And this is from Breitbart of all sources. They can't even carry the water for this one.

Yeah, they can't carry water for this one but you were supporting an open borders candidate in Johnson. Yep.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
May be a pay back for Cuban support and I assume he's a Cuban but I don't know that definitely. Perhaps one can find some positives this guy did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2017/02/17/five-things-you-should-know-about-alexander-acosta-trumps-new-pick-for-labor-secretary/?utm_term=.68c55d5eb92f

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Republicans didn’t have anything going for them with respect to Latinos and with respect to Asians... The Democrats didn’t have a policy for dealing with illegal immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren’t mean-spirited about it... They didn’t know what the policy was, but what they were is they were kind... He had a crazy policy of self deportation which was maniacal... It sounded as bad as it was, and he lost all of the Latino vote... He lost the Asian vote. He lost everybody who is inspired to come into this country... Take care of this incredible problem that we have with respect to immigration, with respect to people wanting to be wonderful productive citizens of this country. Interview with Newsmax (November 2012)

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Donald_Trump
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:05:02 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

He is being rewarded for getting Jeffery Epstein a sweetheart deal in the pedophilia case, from what I hear