Author Topic: Artists Use 32,000 Straws to Create Bizarre, Yet Functional, Camera, and These Images Ensued  (Read 488 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Artists Mick Farrell and Cliff Haynes teamed up to build what could quite possibly be the world's first and only "Straw Camera." This analog machine creates fragmented images, as the camera box itself is filled with 32,000 drinking straws. To be more specific, rather than produce an image from a single point perspective, this camera provides a multi-point perspective from an array, with each individual straw collecting light and recording it onto photosensitive material. Continue reading for more pictures and information.

More plus pics and science: http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/artists-use-32-000-straws-to-create-bizarre-yet-functional-camera-and-these-images-ensued
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That's cool. I wonder if I could get a similar effect with a few hundred straws and a lens adapter, putting them in front of it. It would not only give that honeycomb type grid look, it only lets in direct light.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thought you'd be interested.  ^-^
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Thought you'd be interested.  ^-^

I play with a lot of nerdy stuff like this. I have 100 year old field camera lenses, disassembled a polaroid for the lens and an older one for a bellows to make a homemade tilt-shift lens.