Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: ‘The Media Did Not Make Donald Trump and They Can’t Destroy Him’  (Read 5330 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And yet here you are.  By your estimation, it appears there are scads of sites that would love to hear words of wit.  Why would you want to reside with all these heathens?

To enlighten them, to ridicule them, to entertain them, to satirize them, to learn from them, just like the next member.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Meldrew

Fair enough and I am basically in your camp.  I just get tired of the constant nit-picking and almost total absence of appreciation for what he's done so far.

Yes, he may well be a horrible disappointment down the line.  But why not wait until and if that happens?

Because if we voice our concerns BEFORE the "horrible disappointment" happens, we might be able to stop it from happening.  This is the "pass it to see what's in it" kind of reasoning often typical of leftists, only binary choices.

I realized during my long convalescence that hate ... even Trump hate was not good for the soul.

Here's more binary thinking - if you don't agree with Trump (or Rush - the original subject btw), you're a hater.  Hate takes a lot of energy. I don't have the time for that.  I just think the guy's a narcissistic, shoot from the hip ass. I don't HATE him, I want him to do well for the country.  He could start by working on his domestic agenda as has been suggested by El Rusbo himself . I'm not convinced he has one.

I may be beating a horse that's so dead it has begun to smell, but I still cannot figure out the up side in joining the libs and media in trashing Trump.

Again, any criticism and you're joining the libs and the media. "You're either Orange or you're not" is going to be a real turn off for the next 4 years.  Reminds me of the last president.  I was SO hoping we were over that.   

I voted for Reagan because I thought half the world despised freedom.  I voted for Bush because I thought half the country despised conservatism. I voted third party (this time) because I thought half my supposed party despised me.  It's looking more and more like that's not wrong

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
To enlighten them, to ridicule them, to entertain them, to satirize them, to learn from them, just like the next member.

It feels good, then, to be trolled by the best.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Amazing that someone who repeatedly complains that this is a close minded anti Trump site is allowed to still post here.

The irony is staggering.

@txradioguy He says he does it to ridicule us.  He's admitting he's a troll.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Rush has zero credibility anymore.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

@txradioguy He says he does it to ridicule us.  He's admitting he's a troll.

I am a troll, from a more civil era. Pre-FR #nevertrump refugee influx. Take that as you like.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rush Is Right

99% of the time.

Offline TomSea

I am a troll, from a more civil era. Pre-FR #nevertrump refugee influx. Take that as you like.

You are doing fine, sometimes maybe a bit on the sensitive side, just post your views and don't worry.

I enjoy your posts.

Be respectful all.

Offline TomSea

Rush went out of his way to demonstrate he would NOT endorse a particular candidate, but rather observe and explain how Donald Trump was something different...something special...Secretariat and American Pharoah-level "special".

Yes, Rush did not attack Trump.  Or ridicule him.  Or call him out on his Conservative pedigree.

Eventually, he pointed out that virtually everything Trump has done so far....or is in the pile on his desk is, at a minimum, founded on and brought forth with Conservative principles.

He recognized early like some us here, that Trump should NOT be underestimated.

And of course, because Rush would alienate a lot of his audience if he appeared to leave Cruz at the altar...too early.    :laugh:

Rush endorsed Cruz in the primaries, never quite endorsed Trump officially.

Rush is right as usual.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rush Is Right

99% of the time.

I believe that's 99.9% of the time.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Apparently it doesn't concern anybody important.  If you were being disruptive, you'd probably be out of here.  You must not be very effective at it.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

Be respectful all.

That's quite a laugh, coming from TomSea.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's quite a laugh, coming from TomSea.

I'm enjoying a laugh at to whom that comment was addressed. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

Apparently it doesn't concern anybody important.  If you were being disruptive, you'd probably be out of here.  You must not be very effective at it.
Well thank you very kindly for your concern. I try very hard to be not effective.

Not implying that you are unimportant.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The take I get from you...is someone whinging about nothing.  If this place was truly as anti-trump as you claim here and other places you wouldn't even be allowed to post here.  Yet you had your own little members only section where regular members weren't allowed.

You aren't a civilized troll...you're just a troll.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I believe that's 99.9% of the time.

That only holds true in his fat head now.

He sold out to Trump.  That rating dropped to .9%

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well thank you very kindly for your concern. I try very hard to be not effective.

Not implying that you are unimportant.

The last thing in the world I want is to be important.   :shrug: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
That only holds true in his fat head now.

He sold out to Trump.  That rating dropped to .9%

He's certainly wrong in this case. Trump was created by the media many years ago. He has a 35 year relationship with the tabloid media as a willing participant.

Offline truth_seeker

The take I get from you...is someone whinging about nothing.  If this place was truly as anti-trump as you claim here and other places you wouldn't even be allowed to post here.  Yet you had your own little members only section where regular members weren't allowed.

You aren't a civilized troll...you're just a troll.

Thanks for your opinion. It means a lot to me, along with the other media professionals and advisors, here.