Author Topic: Sales of Ivanka Trump's perfume soar after Nordstrom row  (Read 4884 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Sales of Ivanka Trump's perfume soar after Nordstrom row
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:00:59 pm »
Sales of Ivanka Trump's perfume soar after Nordstrom row

The Telegraph ^ | 02/18/2017 | Chris Graham

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/sales-ivanka-trumps-perfume-soar-nordstrom-row/

There's no such thing as bad publicity, as Ivanka Trump is discovering.

The president's daughter was caught up in a row this month when Nordstrom said it would stop selling the her brand of products.

Although the upmarket department store said the decision was simply down to poor sales, Donald Trump accused the company of treating his daughter "so unfairly".

His senior adviser, Kellyanne Conway, was then "counselled" by the White House after urging the president’s supporters to buy Ivanka's line of products, which includes clothing, jewellery, handbags and other goods.

The encouragement may have paid off as her perfume has become a best seller on Amazon.

On Saturday, her scent took the top two spots in Amazon's best sellers in Women's eau de parfum: one spot for the spray and one for the roll-on version.

The surge in sales comes despite a #GrabYourWallet campaign to encourage shoppers to boycott products with ties to Mr Trump, his family and his donors.

Ivanka's business also has drawn criticism for blurring the lines between brand promotion and politics.

Her company sent a style alert to journalists in November promoting a gold bracelet that she wore during an interview on CBS's 60 Minutes.

Nordstrom was one of the first retail partnerships for Ivanka's footwear after it was launched in 2011.

Despite the Nordstrom setback, Ivanka Trump's brand continues to push into new categories: it recently added baby bedding and fashion jewellery.

(Excerpt) Read more at telegraph.co.uk ...

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Sales of Ivanka Trump's perfume soar after Nordstrom row
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 03:02:10 pm »
The Boycott of Trump items is not working, at least in some areas.

Dillard’s and Lord & Taylor’s both still carry Ivanka’s products and zappos.com was carrying her shoes as of last week.

http://www.dillards.com/search-term/ivanka+trump

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/SearchDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10102&langId=-1&pageSize=12&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&searchSource=Q&searchTerm=ivanka+trump&x=0&y=0

There were some ladies that went into a Nordstrom’s store and cut up their cards and said they were going to Dillards - they were on Fox & Friends yesterday:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5328154333001/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:04:19 pm »
Stores around Washington selling out of Trump Wine

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/319540-stores-around-washington-selling-out-of-trump-wine

A Boycott of Wegmans for Selling Trump’s Wine Has Seriously Backfired

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/02/wegmans-trump-boycott-backfires.html

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »
Big mistake......HUGE!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 04:15:16 pm »
Seriously ... with all the 'issues' we face, we're worried about the sales of Ivanka's perfume?   :shrug:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 04:51:48 pm »
Seriously ... with all the 'issues' we face, we're worried about the sales of Ivanka's perfume?   :shrug:

We are Prime members.   Perhaps I should buy some for Ms LD.

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 04:53:00 pm »

The Five Star product.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 04:58:19 pm »

@LonestarDream

See, this is very strange to me.  I've seen people elsewhere saying they should buy some, simply because the Trump name is on it.

Yet perfume is a very personal thing to buy, and women have specific tastes in fragrance.  How do you know your wife would like it if you don't know the notes it contains?  Or whether it's a floral/gourmand/spicy/Oriental/fruity/green/chypre scent? 

There's no way I'd blind-buy perfume, even if John the Baptist's name were on the bottle.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »
Well we could gift to it someone who would appreciate it in that scenario.

Buying perfume as free speech.   Just gotta laugh at 'ol LD.

@LonestarDream

See, this is very strange to me.  I've seen people elsewhere saying they should buy some, simply because the Trump name is on it.

Yet perfume is a very personal thing to buy, and women have specific tastes in fragrance.  How do you know your wife would like it if you don't know the notes it contains?  Or whether it's a floral/gourmand/spicy/Oriental/fruity/green/chypre scent? 

There's no way I'd blind-buy perfume, even if John the Baptist's name were on the bottle.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 06:50:45 pm »
Slavish cult worshippers

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 07:05:00 pm »
@LonestarDream

That's so true.  Perfume and cologne are very personal and subjective, and what smells good on one person could smell totally different (and even objectionable) on another.  Try before you buy!

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »

I think I'd try that one on faith!   :smokin:

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 07:29:20 pm »
That's so true.  Perfume and cologne are very personal and subjective, and what smells good on one person could smell totally different (and even objectionable) on another.  Try before you buy!

@LadyLiberty

Words to live by, lol! 

My mother-in-law, sweet adorable woman that she is, bought me a bottle of Flowerbomb.  It's one of her favorites and she thought I would like it, too.  She meant well, but...HOLY COW!  I've tried over and over to wear it, but I end up scrubbing it off with alcohol, and even then I can't get rid of it.  Omg.

Apologies to any ladies here who like that one. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 07:29:23 pm »

Have you smelled the River Jordan?  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 07:29:47 pm »

@Wingnut

Yeah, maybe I could have picked a different name, lol.

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 07:42:05 pm »
   bet this smells HOT!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 09:37:28 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

It sounded pretty and I bought the small size because I really needed some perfume.

Never heard of Flower Bomb. I like Happy.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 10:35:05 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

It sounded pretty and I bought the small size because I really needed some perfume.

Never heard of Flower Bomb. I like Happy.

@Freya

I've never tried Happy, but I just looked it up and it has mimosa in it, which I love.  It sounds really nice.

Here's some information about Ivanka's perfume.  It seems to be a fruity/vanilla type scent, with other notes:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Ivanka-Trump/Ivanka-Trump-17215.html

The way Flowerbomb reacts on me, it ought to be called Sugarbomb....it's extremely sweet and strong.  But I like the grenade-shaped bottle:

I've been looking for the right perfume for a long time and I finally found it (at T.J. Maxx)!  It's very green and fresh.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 10:37:38 pm »
@LonestarDream

So true.  Every woman has her own fragrance.  We are not running the Trump industry.  But it was a good move.  Kellyanne using the presidency to promote Ivanka's merchandise.  Then the outrage and now every Trumpite is going to buy it regardless of how smelly!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:38:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 10:47:41 pm »
   bet this smells HOT!

A bit cheezy I'd think...

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 10:52:20 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Vanilla is my signature fragrance. I'm going to love this. Whoopee!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »
@Freya

I've been looking for the right perfume for a long time and I finally found it (at T.J. Maxx)!  It's very green and fresh.

Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakkar_Noir

Yea it's for dudes and all but trust me, you'll make a statement...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 10:54:47 pm »
Buycotts are far more effective than boycotts. Although, kind of like in the case of Joy Villa, people can be manipulated into them just as easily as boycotts.

This is one of the good ways people can actually make their voice heard in a way that counts. Buy and do service with what you like and support. Online petitions, 'mooning', bad yelp reviews, and online threats are fleeting.

You know I'm not a Trump fan, but I was even tempted to get my wife a Ivanka dress. It is pretty classy styling, even if it is made in China. She likes them and they are not expensive.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 10:56:41 pm »
@Freya

I've never tried Happy, but I just looked it up and it has mimosa in it, which I love.  It sounds really nice.

Here's some information about Ivanka's perfume.  It seems to be a fruity/vanilla type scent, with other notes:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Ivanka-Trump/Ivanka-Trump-17215.html

The way Flowerbomb reacts on me, it ought to be called Sugarbomb....it's extremely sweet and strong.  But I like the grenade-shaped bottle:

One thing my wife hates is the powdery, Chanel smelling type perfumes that smell like a grandmother. She likes not to strong flowery perfumes that smell natural. Would these fit the bill?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:32 pm »
One thing my wife hates is the powdery, Chanel smelling type perfumes that smell like a grandmother. She likes not to strong flowery perfumes that smell natural. Would these fit the bill?

The little bottle is $15. Is it worth a gamble to see if your wife likes it? I took a chance on it. :)

A gal has to spoil herself every now and then......

@AbaraXas
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:00:06 pm by Freya »