Author Topic: Panic button: Refugee arrivals to 'dry up' in March. Resettlement agencies scrambling to cut staff or close entire offices  (Read 835 times)

rangerrebew

Panic button: Refugee arrivals to 'dry up' in March
Resettlement agencies scrambling to cut staff or close entire offices
Published: 12 hours ago. Updated: 02/15/2017 at 9:40 PM

Refugee-resettlement agencies are scrambling to cut staff and, in some cases, close entire offices as they prepare for a reduction in refugee arrivals to the U.S. under President Donald Trump’s unfolding policy.

A pro-refugee group leaked an “official guidance” from the U.S. State Department to NPR Wednesday that said refugee arrivals will begin to dry up after March 3.

As WND reported last week, the one part of Trump’s embattled executive order that was not blocked by the Ninth Circuit Court, was his reduction of the fiscal-2017 cap on refugees from 110,000 set by Barack Obama to 50,000. The fiscal year ends Oct. 1.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/panic-button-refugee-arrivals-to-dry-up-in-march/#rMVyc1wbEzFIbrrZ.99

Offline MajorClay

geronl

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is one kind of "unemployment" I hope we see much more of!

Offline Victoria33

cut off the benefits
@geronl

Unfortunately, the Catholic Diocese in our area accepts govn. money to resettle refugees.  I think Catholic dioceses across the country do this.  Government money for resettlement should be cut off.

Offline UnwashedPeasant

Oh goody, we will start importing only 50,000 jihadis per year now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@geronl

Unfortunately, the Catholic Diocese in our area accepts govn. money to resettle refugees.  I think Catholic dioceses across the country do this.  Government money for resettlement should be cut off.
Catholic Charities, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, World Relief Corporation, Church World Service, and Domestic and Foreign Missionary Service of the Episcopal Church of the USA. (also referred to as Episcopal Migration Ministries) are some of the agencies which get government funds to relocate refugees to the US.

More here:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/29/unholy-alliance-christian-charities-profit-1-billion-fed-program-resettle-refugees-40-percent-muslim/

and here:

http://cis.org/GovernmentFundingRefugeeResettlement
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis