Author Topic: Kim Jong-nam killer thought she was doing TV prank  (Read 1053 times)

geronl

Kim Jong-nam killer thought she was doing TV prank
« on: February 17, 2017, 08:22:37 pm »
North Korea Assassination Suspect Thought She Was Participating in a TV Prank

A suspect in the killing of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un’s half-brother, who died in a shopping concourse at the Kuala Lumpur airport on Monday, reportedly thought she was participating in a television prank, not an international assassination.

Indonesia’s national police chief Tito Karnavian said that the suspect, Siti Aisyah, 25, was paid to commit what she thought were a series of pranks, involving convincing strangers to close their eyes so she could then spray them with water, the Guardian reports.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-assassination-suspect-thought-175759900.html

geronl

Re: Kim Jong-nam killer thought she was doing TV prank
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:01:24 pm »
They also arrested one of the girls boyfriends... but it was just to encourage her to talk.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 02:15:44 pm »
Interesting defense. Not quite sure how far "It was a joke" will go in an assassination case, but it's not a defense I'd have thought of.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 08:48:22 am »
The commies often misled their assassins (often recruited fron Eastern European countriea) during the Cold War.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:48:39 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 09:21:26 am »
Reminds me of countless murder mysteries where one actor wants another actor dead, so they replace the prop gun with a real gun or the prop knife with a real knife.

I think every detective series in the history of television had at least one episode like that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 09:27:06 am »
I think every detective series in the history of television had at least one episode like that.

Also happened in a Korean show called "Liar's Game"

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 10:29:08 am »
The CIA had an opening for an assassin. After all of the background checks, interviews, and testing were done there were three finalists: two men and a woman.

For the final test, the CIA agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.

"We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Kill her!"

The man said, "You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife." The agent said, "Then you're not the right man for this job."

The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the man came out with tears in his eyes."I tried, but I can't kill my wife." The agent said, "You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home."

Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one shot after another. The the agents heard screaming, crashing, and banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman.

She wiped the sweat from her brow, and said, "This gun is loaded with blanks. I had to beat him to death with the chair."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn