Author Topic: Melania opens President Trump's campaign rally with Lord's Prayer  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Melania opens President Trump's campaign rally with Lord's Prayer
AOL, Feb 18, 2017, William Steakin

First lady Melania Trump kicked off President Donald Trump's campaign rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday by reciting the Lord's prayer and telling the crowd she will "always stay true to myself, and be truthful to you."

"I didn't know Melania would be reading the Lord's prayer," Trump said following the first lady's remarks.

The crowd at Orlando-Melbourne Airport greeted Mrs. Trump with a loud ovation. "It is a great honor and great pleasure to stand here before you as the first lady of the United States," the former model said.

Before introducing her husband, the first lady described the country she and the president envision as "one that works for all Americans ... and where all Americans can work and succeed."

"A nation committed to a great civility and unity between people from all sides of the political divide," she said.

The first lady then made a passing reference to recent attacks aimed on her, saying she will "always be truthful" with the American people "no matter what the opposition is saying about me."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/02/18/melania-opens-president-trumps-campaign-rally-with-lords-praye/21716918/

Re: Melania opens President Trump's campaign rally with Lord's Prayer
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:29:21 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxIBnfgwj90&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxIBnfgwj90&feature=youtu.be

(The actual music playing at the time was "God Bless the USA" ---- and it's copyrighted  ^-^ )

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 01:01:50 am »
Opening with the Lord's prayer was pretty powerful actually.  Melania rocked!  Good for her.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 01:12:26 am »
This was so awesome!  Melania Trump is a beautiful and gracious First Lady, and I appreciate her giving the Lord's Prayer.  I pray every day that God will turn his face toward America and shine his blessings upon us. 

She does not deserve the vile treatment that she is getting.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 01:14:00 am »
Thanks for posting this RiV!   034

:patriot:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 01:26:16 am »
This was so awesome!  Melania Trump is a beautiful and gracious First Lady, and I appreciate her giving the Lord's Prayer.  I pray every day that God will turn his face toward America and shine his blessings upon us. 

No she does not; nor does our President for that matter.   The left is bitter and full of hatred; they lost after months and months of assuming that they couldn't possibly lose.

I thing God has already turned his face towards America, he blessed this nation with the defeat of Hillary Clinton.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:45:51 am »
No she does not; nor does our President for that matter.   The left is bitter and full of hatred; they lost after months and months of assuming that they couldn't possibly lose.

I thing God has already turned his face towards America, he blessed this nation with the defeat of Hillary Clinton.

Yes he did!  Thanks be to God!   

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 02:06:10 am »
Opening with the Lord's prayer was pretty powerful actually.  Melania rocked!  Good for her.

Melania was awesome!!  She is growing . 

Compare with Michelle O at this point in her 'first lady' timeline.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

geronl

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 03:48:51 am »
Of course she had to read it from a TelePrompTer

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 03:52:20 am »
@geronl

I think she read it off a piece of paper.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 04:27:21 am »
Probably would be more effective when she tucks Donnie in for the night :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:44:43 am by montanajoe »

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 12:58:42 pm »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 01:03:30 pm »

She's got class. The left HATE class.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 05:54:29 pm »
Of course she had to read it

As would you @geronl  --- if you were leading 9,000 people in the prayer in Slovene--not your native English.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:58:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 05:59:31 pm »
She's got class. The left HATE class.

It eats them up!

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 07:04:50 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but I can't believe how refreshing it is to see political figures saying God Bless America and to have the First Lady recite the Lord's Prayer is fantastic.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 07:07:27 pm »
As would you @geronl  --- if you were leading 9,000 people in the prayer in Slovene--not your native English.
:thumbsup2:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 08:32:22 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but I can't believe how refreshing it is to see political figures saying God Bless America and to have the First Lady recite the Lord's Prayer is fantastic.

Exactly.  Melania rocked the house period.  She displayed class and gave a fickled finger of fate award to the left in one fell swoop! 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 08:34:03 pm »

It wouldn't hurt you to recite the Lord's Prayer a few times; it just may do you some good.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 08:45:22 pm »
I sent a message to the First Lady thanking her for reciting the Lord's prayer and offered her words of encouragement.  All this bitterness and hatred towards her is ridiculous and unwarranted.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 08:47:58 pm »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 09:00:30 pm »
I sent a message to the First Lady thanking her for reciting the Lord's prayer and offered her words of encouragement.  All this bitterness and hatred towards her is ridiculous and unwarranted.

I did too! 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 09:30:55 pm »

This is a very good idea. I am going to do the same thing. Just send an email to te floutus account,or snail mail be better?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 09:37:18 pm »

Here's yer avatar. Thank me!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 11:16:44 pm »
So when she starts the prayer "Our Father who art in Heaven...hallowed be thy name" ...these days it makes you wonder which "Father" she is referencing.  :silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!