Author Topic: Milo Yiannopoulos tapped to keynote CPAC  (Read 2984 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Milo Yiannopoulos tapped to keynote CPAC
« on: February 18, 2017, 08:35:05 pm »
Controversial author and Breitbart News editor Milo Yiannopoulos will be the keynote speaker at this year's Conservative Political Action Conference.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, which first reported the news, Yiannopoulos will focus his address on his "experiences in America battling feminists, Black Lives Matter, the media, professors and the entertainment industry."....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/milo-yiannopoulos-cpac-keynote-report-235173

Offline corbe

Re: Milo Yiannopoulos tapped to keynote CPAC
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 09:02:43 pm »
   They ought to rename it the SDAC, Skinny Deviant Action Committee.

I'm sure she'd approve.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 09:13:28 pm »
A man with hate for conservatives, wow

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:58 pm »
A man with hate for conservatives, wow

CPAC has really gone downhill lately.  I heard Coulter on Hannity yesterday (Commute home, captive audience) and her gushing made me have to make a stop at the dry cleaner.  Geesh.  What a mess.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 09:56:20 pm »
People protest his appearances, I hope the organizers realize what they are doing. Usually CPAC is an entertaining event, a lot of luminaries have been there as well besides the odd one every so often.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 10:13:55 pm »
Why not? CPAC has been hostile to conservatives and their values/principles for several years now. He'll fit right in with the psuedocons there.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 12:18:39 am »
Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  4h4 hours ago
A moral reprobate who's not a conservative keynoting the conservative conference.
Everything's fine, we're all fine here. How are you?

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  4h4 hours ago
 Proof conservatism isn't a movement but an industry: human click bait will keynote CPAC next week.

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  3h3 hours ago
 The irony of making human click your keynote is CPAC openly admitting now conservatism isn't about principles but triggering liberals.

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  3h3 hours ago
 Maybe if Larry Flynt decides he hates political correctness too he can keynote CPAC next year?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 12:22:34 am »

Who defines "conservative"

Where do I find that definition?

If I cite the "father of modern conservatism" I will be instantly corrected.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 12:26:27 am »
I know Steve Deace. Personally....though, thankfully, not deeply. He is an absolute tool. Citing anything he says is intellectually synonymous with using a strand of spaghetti to hammer a nail.

Conservatiism is a political philosophy that is in no way anti-Gay....in fact, conservatism does not define people by their sexual orientation, race, gender or any other superficial trait...these qualities are irrelevant to good governance. It does and should oppose silly governmental policies that seek to advance a "gay agenda".

So why is it a problem to have a gay speaker at CPAC?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:35:17 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 12:31:05 am »
   They ought to rename it the SDAC, Skinny Deviant Action Committee.

You got the skinny on it?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 12:41:27 am »
I know Steve Deace. Personally....though, thankfully, not deeply. He is an absolute tool. Citing anything he says is intellectually synonymous with using a strand of spaghetti to hammer a nail.

Conservatiism is a political philosophy that is in no way anti-Gay....in fact, conservatism does not define people by their sexual orientation, race, gender or any other superficial trait...these qualities are irrelevant to good governance. It does and should oppose silly governmental policies that seek to advance a "gay agenda".

Because he's a militant that is very pro gay agenda. Because having a gay that brags in interviiews about corrupting his priest is pretty much against the very concept of conservatism. Because 'Gay' as a whole has no more place in politics than 'building a ship in a bottle'. "Gay' is a lifestyle choice.

But hey, if you want to alienate the SoCon wing (and many here do) and replace us with the Gay lobby, because WINNING!!!, be my guest but don't call it conservative. Call it the identity politics of liberalism that it is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42:37 am »
I know Steve Deace. Personally....though, thankfully, not deeply. He is an absolute tool.

Lol

No doubt.

Offline American Faith Today

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 12:45:30 am »

Maybe because the guy is just another fire bomb throwing attention whore and drama queen trying to make that the new "conservatism".  The fact that some conservatives are so enamored with him isn't really a good thing.
https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/24507-the-waning-west-the-problem-of-milo-yiannopoulos

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 12:59:14 am »
Because he's a militant that is very pro gay agenda. Because having a gay that brags in interviiews about corrupting his priest is pretty much against the very concept of conservatism. Because 'Gay' as a whole has no more place in politics than 'building a ship in a bottle'. "Gay' is a lifestyle choice.

But hey, if you want to alienate the SoCon wing (and many here do) and replace us with the Gay lobby, because WINNING!!!, be my guest but don't call it conservative. Call it the identity politics of liberalism that it is.

The concept of conservatism in an American setting is that of smaller government, self-reliance and personal freedom, respect for property rights, deference to the original intent of the constitution, strong national defense and a respect for letting others do and believe as they will in terms of religious preference. Not sure where being gay interferes with conservatism as a governing philosophy.

I'm not a Milo fan...I find him crude and self inflated and I object to him on intellectual grounds...but I could say that about Bill Kristol and some other conservative voices. The fact that he's gay...and the others are not...just isn't relevant.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 01:03:22 am »
I do get a kick out of the reaction this guy gets from the leftwing radicals.

But I wouldn't expect too much from him as an ideological ally - he strikes me as just as likely to suddenly turn into Maoist just to be outrageous.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 01:44:53 am »
Not sure where being gay interferes with conservatism as a governing philosophy.

Thats exactly the point. It has no place. Milo makes 'gay' the front and center of eerything he does. From his flamboyance, to his commentary. Haing had gay family members I know all too well how 'gay' quickly disrupts all aspects of ones existence. When most conversations begin with some iteration of "Speaking as a gay man/woman I..."

I don't care what Milo or any other gay does or who they do it with as long as I don't have to have it put in my face 24/7. NO ONE can say Milo isn't on fire 24/7.

Conservatism has nothing to do with sex acts. Being gay by definition is about sex acts because lets face it. Without sex, two gays cannot be differentiated from two good friends. One could try to argue that feelings and the emotionalism surrounding the sex is as important a part of 'gay' as the sex itself. However...

Conservatism does not consider sex, nor feelings, nor emotionalism of straight people. It's a political philosophy. So why would or SHOULD gay be given special consideration? It cannot be both ways.

Gays demand special rights and treatment that run counter to everything conservatism stands for. Being gay should carry no more consideration than being a motorcyclist...another lifestyle choice that has far more adherents than homosexuality, but no more relevance to or place in a political movement. What bike you ride has no bearing on anything conservative.

However with homosexuals, the moment they begin agitating (and they always have/do/will) to be heard based on their sex practices, the concept of conservatism is rendered meaningless.

Does conservatism or the American political sustem/government need choices made by peoples sex choices? If so then yes, we should homofy all parties. If not, then gay/identity politics has no place at any political table.

Offline endicom

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 01:59:04 am »
I don't care what Milo or any other gay does or who they do it with as long as I don't have to have it put in my face 24/7. NO ONE can say Milo isn't on fire 24/7.

I think that Milo will, if you'll pardon the expression, flame out in good time. In the meantime he's mostly antagonizing the right people.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 02:05:44 am »

I think that Milo will, if you'll pardon the expression, flame out in good time. In the meantime he's mostly antagonizing the right people.

He is. And sure, it's fun to watch the left go spastic trying to deal with him. But he is ALSO damaging both conservatism and the country and we do enough of that without needing his assistance. The problem is in how much damage he is doing/will do before he joins Paris Hilton on the 'has been' train.

Offline endicom

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 03:48:41 am »
The latest is that Milo will not be the keynote speaker. Swen Ekaf.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 04:17:44 am »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 04:22:23 am »

Some would say "conservatism" favors maximum personal freedom, to keep your earnings, live where and how you like.

Others "conservatives" would favor a narrowly defined Biblical path, using government to enforce it.

So there is not a single definition of "conservatism."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 05:10:54 am »
Some would say "conservatism" favors maximum personal freedom, to keep your earnings, live where and how you like.

Others "conservatives" would favor a narrowly defined Biblical path, using government to enforce it.

So there is not a single definition of "conservatism."
But there are core principles, concepts and ideas. There is also no definition of conservatism that includes having a guy who embodies the antithesis of conservative principles speak at conservative gatherings. Boasting in public about seducing priests, broadcasting ones love of black penis and self promotion/bandwagoning arent foundations of the conservatism I was taught. Nor, would I guess, what anyone outside the alt-right was taught.

Milo is free to be who he likes. More power to him. But he doesn't get to redefine conservatism in his image, nor does anyone else.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:29 am »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 10:28:00 am »
And this is why I'm abandoning the term conservatism.

So many I once believed were conservatives are proving themselves to be neo progressives.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 10:31:01 am »
Why not? CPAC has been hostile to conservatives and their values/principles for several years now. He'll fit right in with the psuedocons there.

At the GOP convention this year one of Trump's guests literally told conservatives "There is the door"