Author Topic: George Carlin: Political Correctness is Fascism Pretending to be Manners  (Read 1041 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhUivqzWv0

Imagine how he would abridge this screed today??

"Barry Bonds can't play the cello...and YoYo Ma can't hit the curveball".    :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:16:22 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: George Carlin: Political Correctness is Fascism Pretending to be Manners
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:22:37 pm »
Political correctness = Cultural Marxism 

pure and simple
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 06:40:31 pm »
FYI, This is a cut from the audio book "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?", read by Carlin.  2004.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 06:57:33 pm »
Wisdom from the Hippy Dippy Mailman.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 07:18:52 pm »
Wisdom from the Hippy Dippy Mailman.  ^-^

Mailman?  You hitting the cooking sherry?   :silly: :silly:

Found this recipe you might like
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8910/sherry-sour-cream-chicken/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 07:45:59 pm »

Going through several of the all-time great comedians, I reach a conclusion that many are half-whacked out mentally ill and drugged up, much of their brilliant, genius careers.

Carlin, Williams, Pryor, Lenny Bruce, Jim Carrey, Sam Kinison, Andy Kaufman, ....
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »
Mailman?  You hitting the cooking sherry?   :silly: :silly:

Found this recipe you might like
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8910/sherry-sour-cream-chicken/

Oops.  I got my men confused.  I watched him do those routines 40 years ago, wing.  Give this old lady a break! ^-^

WEATHER man.

I'll never forget the sports casts either.   Funny man.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 08:22:45 pm »
Going through several of the all-time great comedians, I reach a conclusion that many are half-whacked out mentally ill and drugged up, much of their brilliant, genius careers.

Carlin, Williams, Pryor, Lenny Bruce, Jim Carrey, Sam Kinison, Andy Kaufman, ....

Far as I know Andy Kaufman was neither drugged nor mentally ill (in some ways he was a lot more sober than
his audiences, even if some of his signature pranks made you wonder whether he didn't have a few screws
loose), but there were times when brilliant humourists weren't half whacked and/or mentally ill,
if you know or remember Goodman Ace, Fred Allen, Gracie Allen, Jack Benny, Gertrude Berg, Shelley Berman
(at least, before the once-infamous incident where, during a live documentary, an actual telephone could be
heard ringing from backstage while he was doing one of his once-fabled situational telephone routines, and
he lost it, leading to a career decline before he returned gradually as a character actor and, in time, cast
member of Curb Your Enthusiasm), George Burns, Ernie Kovacs (his first wife was said to be slightly
unbalanced but not him), Groucho Marx, Henry Morgan, Bob Newhart, or Nichols and May. (Each of those partners
suffered some mental issues after they broke up their clever improv partnership and went into different
work entirely.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:25:04 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.