Author Topic: John F. Kennedy: What Would He Think of His Party?  (Read 487 times)

rangerrebew

John F. Kennedy: What Would He Think of His Party?
« on: February 17, 2017, 07:16:27 pm »
John F. Kennedy: What Would He Think of His Party?
Larry Elder February 16, 2017 at 6:42 am 7 Commentary   

President Ronald Reagan said: “I didn’t leave the Democratic Party. The party left me.” Actor and former president of the National Rifle Association Charlton Heston, who called himself a “Kennedy Democrat,” switched to the Republican Party after the 1960s.

On racial preferences, JFK, in 1963, said he opposed them: “I don’t think that is the generally held view, at least as I understand it, of the Negro community, that there is some compensation due for the lost years, particularly in the field of education. What I think they would like is to see their children well-educated so that they could hold jobs and have their children accepted and have themselves accepted as equal members of the community. So I don’t think we can undo the past. In fact, the past is going to be with us for a good many years in uneducated men and women who lost their chance for a decent education. We have to do the best we can now. That is what we are trying to do. I don’t think quotas are a good idea. I think it is a mistake to begin to assign quotas on the basis of religion or race or color, or nationality.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=20745?omhide=true
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:17:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: John F. Kennedy: What Would He Think of His Party?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:51:44 pm »
Who cares?

(Not the article, @rangerrebew, but who cares what he would think?)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:00:20 pm »
Who cares?

All the Democrats and low info types that think he was King Arthur. Cause if he were around he'd be a radical "right-winger".
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:01:31 pm »
Who cares?

Good point.

It's obvious that he wouldn't recognize the Dem party, based on his own record, but it really doesn't matter what he would think.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 10:02:03 pm »
All the Democrats and low info types that think he was King Arthur. Cause if he were around he'd be a radical "right-winger".

That "Camelot" charade fooled a LOT of people.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.