Author Topic: First House Republican signs bill creating committee to investigate Russia, election  (Read 603 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First House Republican signs bill creating committee to investigate Russia, election
By Joe Uchill - 02/17/17 10:40 AM EST

Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) has become the first House Republican to co-sponsor a bill calling for an independent investigation of foreign interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Republicans have generally opposed setting up a special committee to look into Russia's hacking Democratic organizations and individuals, which President Trump has repeatedly minimized. At his press conference on Thursday, he called it a "ruse."

more
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/320087-hacking-investigation-bill-gets-first-republican-cosponsor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I thought this was the FBI, CIA and DOJ's job.

Oh, wait a minute. Eric Holder. Loretta Lynch.

My bad.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

geronl

This is dumb. The election was not hacked, there is a lot of Trump-Russia stuff that should be looked into, but any kind of focus on election hacking is a dead end IMO.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This is dumb. The election was not hacked, there is a lot of Trump-Russia stuff that should be looked into, but any kind of focus on election hacking is a dead end IMO.

That's why they're doing it. Its a desperate attempt to appease but it won't work.

I'm on friendly terms with my congressman and recently had a conversation about republican attempts to behave like democrats. Republicans can't get away with things democrats routinely do because we're not democrat voters and don't accept things just because a republican does them. As he said, Any democrat could have done what Richard Nixon did and ended up serving out his term untouched. Nixon went down because he had a republican base who wanted it to happen and that makes us better.