Author Topic: Bryan Fischer: The myth of the gay conservative - Bryan Fischer  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Bryan Fischer: The myth of the gay conservative - Bryan Fischer
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 08:12:44 pm »
 :amen:
Odd. I thought it was conservative to tend to your own and not to scream like a frightened virgin about what someone else is doing somewhere else. Prolly just me.  :shrug:

For those of us for whom Goldwater was our first political hero,  it was.   Social conservatism is a peculiar variety of conservatism;  there are more libertarian strains as well.   I think both strands unite in the belief that individual moral integrity is essential to the functioning of the American experiment. 

Homosexuals?    I don't much care about what the Bible says,  I freely admit that.   I care about whether one has moral integrity.  A gay man who wants to marry his partner for life, for richer or poorer,  and to care for him when his body fails and the time comes when we ALL learn the Grand Secret, has moral integrity. 

And so I will respect and celebrate his marriage,  and I will not judge him and tell him he is going to hell,  because I do not know that, as much as INVAR wants to toss some Proverb at me to prove his Christian virtue in condemning my friend's abomination as the CERTAIN viewpoint of our Lord.

I think the Lord judges people as individuals.   And in that spirit, yes, a gay can be a conservative.   

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:15:06 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:35 pm »
At TOS,  it sure isn't a Milo lovefest.  I won't post a link but it's there on the front page.

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 12:07:59 am »
At TOS,  it sure isn't a Milo lovefest.  I won't post a link but it's there on the front page.

@TomSea

No?  If you're referring to the thread about CPAC, there are some dissenters speaking out, but more are trying to crush the dissent.

Also, a quick scan of other Milo-related threads results in comments like "Love him!"  "I adore Milo!"  "He's the future of conservatism!"  TOS is very much a fan of that particular fraud.  Someone posted about female Freepers having crushes on him. 

Some of them are declaring that Milo isn't really gay, he's just playing a part....and that he's a good Catholic who is actually living his faith and practicing chastity.  LOL